Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's (29812 Views)

What Network Plan Are You Currently Using For Heavy Downloads? / Internet Plan You Are Currently Using On Your Phone? / What Phone Are You Currently Using? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by kene05(m): 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
murimoney:
over the moon. Lol gr8, things changed a lot, the status bar the animation n lots of stuff mainly the speed and smoothness is insane thanks to ART!
Confam,,...Enjoy your machine....
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by detunj: 6:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
murimoney:
Motorola droid RAZR.
ok
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Nsonaso(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
Najwal:

Ummm I don't think so
Currently using Sony Xperia z only downside is get a little hot after heavy usage and battery backup is not dat great amcurrently on 4.2.2 jb after upgrading to kk n apparently turns my phone to a hot pan, something to do with Sony though so I had to downgrade to my current os using flashtool from xda ;-) well no long story women can also do stuff just dat we r not loud about it.:-D
Wow you did all that yourself? Impressive.... That's my dream girl!
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
Iphone 5s and samsung galaxy s5 iphone 5s got too much cons,too complicated...before you open an account on iphone alone,you'd surely sweat,itunes and icloud wahala,jailbreaking nko,abegi jhor,the only thing I like about iphone 5s is the unique design,every other thing is fvcked up....looking for a buyer btw S5: a great phone(specs wise) with a crappy design,the back case(cover) is too soft,it's softer than a normal plastic:-/ the heart monitor stuff is a gimmick,the camera(16mp) is overhyped,or am the one that can't really use it,it has an internal memory of 16gig,but anytime I connect it to a laptop,it only shows 1.48gig,the fingerprint scanner is superb,am the only one that can unlock my phone,the battery life(2800mah or there about) isn't better than iphone 5s(1750mah or so) battery life,I don't really care about the battery tho....the smart screen is fabulous,I also love the remote control feature...if only samsung could make a better design,s5 would have been a better phone

1 Like

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Joshkid(m): 6:47am On Dec 05, 2014
kene05:

biased comment. lol
Yeah...vhatz cox totally contented wif d phone...grin
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by kene05(m): 9:43am On Dec 05, 2014
Nsonaso:

Yeah for sure....If not that I have a computer, I would have thrown it away.... Too annoying
Lol. Abi
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by donhils: 10:47am On Dec 05, 2014
ikechukz:
I'm currently using lg g pro
Pros - 5.5 inch awesome display
Very smooth operation with zero lags[even better than s5]
Remote control for every device[ I dey take am do bad wella]
Super sensitive screen[I fit operate am with thick hand gloves]
Many more

Cons - I no see the pouch for market[Anyways I don order pouch and screen guard from China]
Cool phone, currently rocking it too. Though am still on kitKat 4.4.2 Have you upgraded further?
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by donhils: 10:50am On Dec 05, 2014
abatically:
LG G3:
Key features:
5.5 inches 1440 x 2560 QHD display at 534 ppi.( I wanna see a phone best that).

32 Gb internal storage with sd card
3 Gb of ram
Android 5.0 lollipop (just upgraded today)
Qualcom snapdragon 801 quad core processor
Wireless charging
13 megapixel shooter
Remote control
3,000 mAh bAttery
Etc etc

This phone is a beast compared to other Android power house.

Price: N90,000.
Please where did you get this version? 32gb and 3GB ram? The one in my area is the 16gb and 2GB ram version. I want the 32gb. Where did you buy from?
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by donhils: 10:54am On Dec 05, 2014
abatically:
Just upgraded my LG G3 to Android 5.0 lollipop, loving it.
You upgraded via custom Rom, OTA or LG PC suite?
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Mogten(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2014
murimoney:
Motorola Droid RAZR running on 4.4.4 cm11 with lollipop theme. 1GB ram smooth no lags enuf 4 me!
How did u get ur network bar to look like that? Theme? I like.
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by ikechukz(m): 4:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
donhils:

Cool phone, currently rocking it too. Though am still on kitKat 4.4.2 Have you upgraded further?
yeah I'm currently running vanir 4.4.4. The rom is very smooth.
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by DAVE5(m): 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
Am using an iPhone 5s, Sony Xperia Z, ipod touch 4th gen (the screen has shattered so i cant sell it) and nokia 201 (serves mainly as torchlite)

the iphone is just perfect for me

pros
looooove the fingerprint tingy
smooth and extremely fast (evin wit its 1 gig ram its 10 times faster than the xperia wit 2 gig ram)
best gaming mobile os and hardware
great camera (better than the xperia's camera)
great battery life

con
no nfc (btw i have never used the nfc on the xperia so datz no big deal if the iphone doesn't have nfc)
small screen (i love the screen the way it is; small wink)
16 gig embarassed (na me do myself sha)

jailbroken, iOS 7.1.2, 16gig, 1gig ram, 8mp camera
for those claiming iphone is hard to tweak, i have tweaked the life of the iphone crazily

xperia z pros

large screen 5" (i use it as a substitute for watchin movies wen my laptop don die angry phcn tinz)
great browsing experience
great battery life

cons

i could boil yam with the phone's temprature wen it wants to get hot
games laggggg
camera is not great

features: android 4.4.4, rooted, 16gig memory wit added 16gig mcard, 13mp camera

i was using an iphone 5s, ipod 4th gen and a nokia 201, wen i enta a bus i see niqqaz wit 1 biiiigggg screened techno and i got jealous so i got me a big screen too grin (not 2 big but ok)

abeg make una no mind my fingerprint all over the face of the phones in the forth pix

1 Like

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by kene05(m): 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2014
Cool review there,
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by donhils: 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
Folarinwazzy:
Iphone 5s and samsung galaxy s5 iphone 5s got too much cons,too complicated...before you open an account on iphone alone,you'd surely sweat,itunes and icloud wahala,jailbreaking nko,abegi jhor,the only thing I like about iphone 5s is the unique design,every other thing is fvcked up....looking for a buyer btw S5: a great phone(specs wise) with a crappy design,the back case(cover) is too soft,it's softer than a normal plastic:-/ the heart monitor stuff is a gimmick,the camera(16mp) is overhyped,or am the one that can't really use it,it has an internal memory of 16gig,but anytime I connect it to a laptop,it only shows 1.48gig,the fingerprint scanner is superb,am the only one that can unlock my phone,the battery life(2800mah or there about) isn't better than iphone 5s(1750mah or so) battery life,I don't really care about the battery tho....the smart screen is fabulous,I also love the remote control feature...if only samsung could make a better design,s5 would have been a better phone
You don't care about battery life? Why is that, who doesn't care about battery?
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by donhils: 10:39pm On Dec 05, 2014
ikechukz:
yeah I'm currently running vanir 4.4.4. The rom is very smooth.
Any suggestions how I can upgrade mine too to 4.4.4 ?
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2014
donhils:

You don't care about battery life? Why is that, who doesn't care about battery?
lol....probably because I go everywhere with my powerbank(20000 mah)...it can't be like the real deal but it's good enough for me
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2014
DAVE5:
Am using an iPhone 5s, Sony Xperia Z, ipod touch 4th gen (the screen has shattered so i cant sell it) and nokia 201 (serves mainly as torchlite)

pros
smooth and extremely fast (evin wit its 1 gig ram its 10 times faster than the xperia wit 2 gig ram)
great battery life

con
no nfc (btw i have never used the nfc on the xperia so datz no big deal if the iphone doesn't have nfc)

for those claiming iphone is hard to tweak, i have tweaked the life of the iphone crazily

xperia z pros

large screen 5" (i use it as a substitute for watchin movies wen my laptop don die angry phcn tinz)
great battery life

cons

games laggggg
camera is not great

features: android 4.4.4, rooted, 16gig memory wit added 16gig mcard, 13mp camera

i was using an iphone 5s, ipod 4th gen and a nokia 201, wen i enta a bus i see niqqaz wit 1 biiiigggg screened techno and i got jealous so i got me a big screen too grin (not 2 big but ok)

abeg make una no mind my fingerprint all over the face of the phones in the forth pix
tweak? How did you go about it? What are the benefits you derive from tweaking it?
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by donbenie(m): 11:15pm On Dec 05, 2014
Motorola Moto g 4.5inch IPS HD screen Android 4.4.4 Vanilla Android Snapdragon 400 CPU 1g RAm 2070mAh battery

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by DAVE5(m): 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
Folarinwazzy:
tweak? How did you go about it? What are the benefits you derive from tweaking it?

1st of all, itz d jailbreaking dat allow an iPhone become tweak-able, wit d jailbreak I could have themes, jst like d screenshotI i uploaded, am able to send and receive files, pix, videos & music via Bluetooth, handle with various setting dat I wld not b able to.
I could download from the [more than enough] available stuffs 4rm Cydia
I hardly have 2 use my home button

I can't really explain it all here cos u nid to feel d phone to understand wat I mean, I noticed u own an iPhone also and u ar funding it hard to turn it into a beast, my advice ; jailbreak it and contact me so u could be given hint on how to unlock it's true nature

I love android but dat tin called iPhone is jst somtin else
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
Mine is NOKIA M2
8mp camera and 2mp front camera 4200mah battery, 5inch screen Android 4.4 KK

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by kene05(m): 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2014
donbenie:
Motorola Moto g 4.5inch IPS HD screen Android 4.4.4 Vanilla Android Snapdragon 400 CPU 1g RAm 2070mAh battery
What about the pro's n con's?
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Gerrard59(m): 2:01am On Dec 06, 2014
HTC ONE M8. Reviewed it here a month ago. BoomSound is lovely to the ear
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Najwal: 8:47am On Dec 06, 2014
Nsonaso:

Wow you did all that yourself? Impressive.... That's my dream girl!

well i hope you find her wink
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Najwal: 8:58am On Dec 06, 2014
DAVE5:

pros
great battery life

con

xperia z pros

great battery life

cons

games laggggg
camera is not great

Any solution to Xperia z hotness coz it's kinda annoying, i had to downgrade to 4.2.2 ~ now in 4.3 I thought it was kitkat issue but after seeing similar cases in the net regardless of the os I think is a bug wit dis device Sony should do something
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by donbenie(m): 9:06am On Dec 06, 2014
kene05:

What about the pro's n con's?
Moto g Pros 1.Nice form factor(comfortable one handed use with it's curved back)attracts lots of attention 2.Nice HD screen 3 .Smooth almost Vanilla Android UI(doesn't lag),smoother than my Note 2 4.Regular updates from Motorola,(Lollipop coming soon) 5.Good battery life Cons 1. Non removable battery 3.Non expandable memory 4.Not readily available in Naija

1 Like

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by flawless911(m): 9:58am On Dec 06, 2014
Gionee E3

PROS:

Awesome Display (720p HD with 320ppi)
Sexy Build (4.7inches Screen.. Perfect size for me.. Ah hate Big Fones)
Kitkat (4.4.2)
1.2ghz Quadcore with PowerVR SGX 544MP (GFlops of 9.2)
1GiG RAM
16GiG internal storage partitioned into 10GiG for Files and 3GiG for Apps, d remaining 3GiG for System
Multitasking and Gaming is Great
Inbuilt DTS Sound System (Further tweaked using ViperFX)
8MP Camera.. Really sharp and very powerful Flash

CONS:
Battery! Battery!! BATTERY!!! 1800mah.. Last for 4hours Max on Heavy usage.. So I got a spare ba3 and a 6000mah Powerbank.. wink
Also, Stock ROM lags due to the heavy Gionee Bloatwares.. So to fully enjoy d fone, u need a Custom ROM.. M on Legend ROM v8

1 Like

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 06, 2014
GALAXY NOTE 4 ALL PRO...NO CON
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by kene05(m): 10:32am On Dec 06, 2014
tobbiiqq:
GALAXY NOTE 4 ALL PRO...NO CON
Haha.. Screen shots..
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by DAVE5(m): 9:59am On Dec 07, 2014
Najwal:

Any solution to Xperia z hotness coz it's kinda annoying, i had to downgrade to 4.2.2 ~ now in 4.3 I thought it was kitkat issue but after seeing similar cases in the net regardless of the os I think is a bug wit dis device Sony should do something

i'd say u should upgrade the fone to the 4.4.4 kikkat (or if you like you can upgrade to 5.0) as i noticed my fone doesn't heat up as often as it did when i was on 4.3 and lower..

most at times android phone heat up in general so its not really a sony thing, sometimes sef my 5s can just start heating up and wat i do is switch it off cos it's possible it has been overworked by my humble self grin

1 Like

Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by DAVE5(m): 10:20am On Dec 07, 2014
Folarinwazzy:

basically u can tweak by performing jailbreak on it after which you can do wonders on the fone,

with jailbreaking am able to send and receive files, photos, videos and music via bluetooth, install games that i didn't buy with my itunes account, set themes (like the ones in my screenshot), i simulate my fingerprint scanner as the home screen button so i rarely press the home button cos i jst touch the 5s's home button(not press) and it reacts like i pressed it, there's so much i can't fully explain, my advice; jailbreak ur phone, contact me so i could provide hints on how to turn dat lovely iphone into a true beast, my android and iphones are useless to me without jailbreak and rooting

cydia is so full of useful tweaks and apps that u can never go wrong once u jailbreak that baby

i understand iphones can be frustrating at times but once u get the hang of it, u'd enjoy it over the android, i use both devices so am talking from experience, since 2010 dat i started using iphones i av been an addict cos it just suits me perfectly as if we were made for each other
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Najwal: 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
DAVE5:

i'd say u should upgrade the fone to the 4.4.4 kikkat (or if you like you can upgrade to 5.0) as i noticed my fone doesn't heat up as often as it did when i was on 4.3 and lower..

most at times android phone heat up in general so its not really a sony thing, sometimes sef my 5s can just start heating up and wat i do is switch it off cos it's possible it has been overworked by my humble self grin

ok thanks i was in kk before I had to downgrade to 4.3 coz here I don't experience lag like kk, games play smoothly n no too much heatup well am flexing 4.3 untill .......
Re: What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's by Amaechi5(m): 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
lg g2 pro are: 4g network,5.2 inches(424 pixel),corning gorilla glass,13mp camera,chipset-snapdragon 800 and cpu-2.26quad-core adreno 330.Cons NO SPACE FOR MEMORY CARD though am using smarthphone flashdrive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Here Are Some Of The Best Android Shortcuts You’re Probably Not Using / Need Glo Apn Settings For My Laptop / Plz Where Can I Download Free High Quality Movies On Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.