Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study (1990 Views)

10 Powerful Secrets Of Successful Bloggers Exposed! / What Other Methods Can One Use To Earn Online Apart From Blogging / Earn Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by GodMode: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2014
I have been studying sites and blogs to see how well they perform and got my attention because of the owners' (illuminatic or onyengbu) aggressive advertising.. the site started as an NL clone and it still has NL similarities... I watched this site as its rankings increased (its now one of the top 500 sites in Nigeria and top 80,000 globally based on alexa rankings).

the owner created a thread https://www.nairaland.com/1978415/does-design-website-worth-n420..

I noticed how people (that are not even beginner webmasters like me) like alabiyemmy, creativeweb2, jregz, lucky80, simpsonrocket, Khaynet, coolsix, sapientia started talking about how the ads are affecting the look of the site but the owner knows exactly what's his doing grin grin grin

what most NL and Nigerian bloggers don't know:
the owner is using paid advertising to boost the site rankings.
the owner is using paid advertising to boost the site traffic
using paid ads is one of the fastest ways to rank your site in search engine
using paid ads is one of the fastest ways to earn online

receives an estimated 50,000 - 150,000 pageviews per day from advertising of course..
Any business oriented webmaster would definitely monetize the traffic....

For example:
50,000 - 150,000 pageviews = $30 - $140 per day... with some ad networks cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

the owner has two of this ads on the front page that means an estimated $50 -$260 per day online which is about $2600 per month from paid ads only not including directs ads that other site owners would purchase on his site... In summary, he put the ads there to recoup the amount spent on advertising

Hope everyone gets the drift now tongue tongue tongue tongue

NOTE: THIS THREAD IS FOR EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY... NO DISSING INTENDED TO THOSE MENTIONED..
To adewasco2k .... this is my opinion of a webmaster topic grin grin grin grin
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2014
GodMode:
I have been studying sites and blogs to see how well they perform and got my attention because of the owners' (illuminatic or onyengbu) aggressive advertising.. the site started as an NL clone and it still has NL similarities... I watched this site as its rankings increased (its now one of the top 500 sites in Nigeria and top 80,000 globally based on alexa rankings).

the owner created a thread https://www.nairaland.com/1978415/does-design-website-worth-n420..

I noticed how people (that are not even beginner webmasters like me) like alabiyemmy, creativeweb2, jregz, lucky80, simpsonrocket, Khaynet, coolsix, sapientia started talking about how the ads are affecting the look of the site but the owner knows exactly what's his doing grin grin grin

what most NL and Nigerian bloggers don't know:
the owner is using paid advertising to boost the site rankings.
the owner is using paid advertising to boost the site traffic
using paid ads is one of the fastest ways to rank your site in search engine
using paid ads is one of the fastest ways to earn online

receives an estimated 50,000 - 150,000 pageviews per day from advertising of course..
Any business oriented webmaster would definitely monetize the traffic....

For example:
50,000 - 150,000 pageviews = $30 - $140 per day... with some ad networks cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

the owner has two of this ads on the front page that means an estimated $50 -$260 per day online which is about $2600 per month from paid ads only not including directs ads that other site owners would purchase on his site... In summary, he put the ads there to recoup the amount spent on advertising

Hope everyone gets the drift now tongue tongue tongue tongue

NOTE: THIS THREAD IS FOR EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY... NO DISSING INTENDED TO THOSE MENTIONED..
To adewasco2k .... this is my opinion of a webmaster topic grin grin grin grin
Hmmmmmmm
coming back to comment
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by onyengbu: 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2014
GodMode:

I have been studying sites and blogs to see how well they perform and got my attention because of the owners' (illuminatic or onyengbu) aggressive advertising..

[/color]
I have told you before I am not the owner of . There are actually a couple of people here who can attest to that but it is unneccessary calling their attention here.
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by fattbabakay(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2014
sighs
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by zeroshadow: 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
Nice.
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by Moderrator: 8:18pm On Nov 08, 2014
You can only say an idea is profitable if it can generate income and sustain itself after it has run out of its own capital.
Adverts will always bring traffic, because people will always click out of curiosity, what of after you have run out of capital?
.Many online businesses have died after they exhausted their money on adverts and the visitors disappeared with the adverts. eg. mocality.com and the people that sold their business to olx.com
I'm not saying anything bad about at all. intact the model has worked for Seun so it should work for them too.
I'm only saying that the traffic generated during an ad campaign should not be used to judge the validity of a biz idea.
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
Moderrator:
You can only say an idea is profitable if it can generate income and sustain itself after it has run out of its own capital.
Adverts will always bring traffic, because people will always click out of curiosity, what of after you have run out of capital?
.Many online businesses have died after they exhausted their money on adverts and the visitors disappeared with the adverts. eg. mocality.com and the people that sold their business o olx.com
I'm not saying anything bad about at all. intact the model has worked for Seun so it should work for them too.
I'm only saying that the traffic generated during an ad campaign should not be used to judge the validity of a biz idea.
seconded!!
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by GodMode: 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
Moderrator:
.Many online businesses have died after they exhausted their money on adverts and the visitors disappeared with the adverts. eg. mocality.com and the people that sold their business o olx.com

good points..

before you begin paid ads you have to consider:

the amount you've budgeted for the paid ads.
the ROI from the paid ads.
the amount of traffic you're getting from paid ads.
Ensure that as the traffic comes you're getting them into your email lists.
Ensure that the paid ads brings advertisers to your website especially if the webmaster is a "glorified blogger".... bloggers that can't create stuffs
e.t.c

you said "what of after you have run out of capital?"

that's why you make them sign up to your list..
learn how to monetize the traffic in order to get returning visitors.
that's why a webmaster needs to ensure the paid ads bring income

As long as the ROI is higher than the amount spent on ads... the business will flourish..
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by fleps(m): 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
GodMode:

good points..

before you begin paid ads you have to consider:

the amount you've budgeted for the paid ads.
the ROI from the paid ads.
the amount of traffic you're getting from paid ads.
Ensure that as the traffic comes you're getting them into your email lists.
Ensure that the paid ads brings advertisers to your website especially if the webmaster is a "glorified blogger".... bloggers that can't create stuffs
e.t.c

you said "what of after you have run out of capital?"

that's why you make them sign up to your list..
learn how to monetize the traffic in order to get returning visitors.
that's why a webmaster needs to ensure the paid ads bring income

As long as the ROI is higher than the amount spent on ads... the business will flourish..

I agree with the bolded
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by Moderrator: 7:53am On Nov 09, 2014
*clears throat*
Actually, OP, your facts about traffic are wrong.
Lucky gist receives 50,000 visits per day? that's very unlikely. The average page views per post that has spent more than 5 days on the front page is 490.
So where are the rest of the 50,000 page views.
The chat section barely has 10 people.
Where are the rest of the 49,999 visitors?
You can then start calculating how many people ever click on the ads.

Your theory of ROI is right. But getting 50,000 page views? Very very questionable. That number should be divided by 1000 for a more realistic view.
Or maybe I'm missing something ?
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by GodMode: 8:48am On Nov 09, 2014
Moderrator:
*clears throat*
Actually, OP, your facts about traffic are wrong.
Lucky gist receives 50,000 visits per day? that's very unlikely. The average page views per post that has spent more than 5 days on the front page is 490.
So where are the rest of the 50,000 page views.
The chat section barely has 10 people.
Where are the rest of the 49,999 visitors?
You can then start calculating how many people ever click on the ads.

Your theory of ROI is right. But getting 50,000 page views? Very very questionable. That number should be divided by 1000 for a more realistic view.
Or maybe I'm missing something ?

I said "estimated"..... but that just means the bounce rate of the site is high....

Bounce rate is when people view only one page on a site then close the site... for example, NL gets an estimated 50M - 70M pageviews per month but the amount of views or replies on topics are very low compared to the stats....

this means people may go to and view only the front page then leave or close the site without clicking on anything...

getting clicks is not the only way to earn through ads. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by Don4life: 11:17am On Nov 09, 2014
GodMode:

I said "estimated"..... but that just means the bounce rate of the site is high....

Bounce rate is when people only view only one page on a site then close the site... for example, NL gets an estimated 50M - 70M pageviews per month but the amount of views or replies on topics are very low compared to the stats....

this means people may go to and view only the front page then leave or close the site without clicking on anything...

getting clicks is not the only way to earn through ads. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I agree with you..
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by jenifertaler: 11:44am On Nov 09, 2014
very nice bros
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
I just visited the forum for the second time... And i do not really see the manifestation of the 50,000 page views.

Advertising MUST bring traffic because people would click and want to find out what is in that place, i have been seeing the gracing adverts of this forum all over nairaland, although i never cared to click! But i clicked the first time, so if 25,000 nairalanders click the first time and dont find anything that will make them visit again, trust me, they wont visit. When you advertise the first time, traffic comes, if you do nothing to maintain the traffic, it goes and your money is just blowing away in the advertising.

I checked about five posts there and the highest views i saw was 867. Where are the 50,000?

I would advice the administrators of the forum to not only advertise but make their forum worth the advertising.

In a nut shell, do not depend on advertising. That forum needs to upgrade itself together with its advertising, then it would really be successful. It might even overthrow NL sef grin
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by illuminatic: 4:02am On Nov 15, 2014
I thank GodMode for taking out time to review our site and the following persons also
Khaynet
fattbabakay
zeroshadow
Moderrator
Khaynet
jenifertaler
coolsix

www. can never run out of advertising credit because the current campaign that we are running are not from owners pocket but from direct ads and Google Adsense.
The forum was well planned right from onset. And we introduced what we want to achieve right from when the forum has just 1 page view per day (no pretense) I.e running direct ads for people hoping that they will come and our site will give them profit for their ad. As for the stats the stats are almost correctly estimated by OP. if you can deceive the public about your stats you can not deceive alexa.com.
As for comment not coming to the site it was do to script error which we has resolved today.

You may now visit the site to see more features and the upgrade so you can make a better review here.

Hoping to see you all on December 5th when we shall celebrate one year of existence and out ranking major sites in Nigeria.

Idea and unique strategy pays !!!

2 Likes

Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 15, 2014
illuminatic:
I thank GodMode for taking out time to review our site and the following persons also
Khaynet
fattbabakay
zeroshadow
Moderrator
Khaynet
jenifertaler
coolsix

www..com can never run out of advertising credit because the current campaign that we are running are not from owners pocket but from direct ads and Google Adsense.
The forum was well planned right from onset. And we introduced what we want to achieve right from when the forum has just 1 page view per day (no pretense) I.e running direct ads for people hoping that they will come and our site will give them profit for their ad.
As for comment not coming to the site it was do to script error

i checked your site on pc yesterday and it's very nice, but one thing i judge pretty importantly is that your site is less of a forum, it's like a blog, i couldn't even see login or register. the problem is that you are trying to copy nairaland style. BE UNIQUE & DIFFERENT & BETTER. Thanks.
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by GodMode: 6:15am On Nov 15, 2014
illuminatic:

www..com can never run out of advertising credit because the current campaign that we are running are not from owners pocket but from direct ads and Google Adsense.
The forum was well planned right from onset. And we introduced what we want to achieve right from when the forum has just 1 page view per day (no pretense) I.e running direct ads for people hoping that they will come and our site will give them profit for their ad. As for the stats the stats are almost correctly estimated by OP. if you can deceive the public about your stats you can not deceive alexa.com.
As for comment not coming to the site it was do to script error which we has resolved today.

You may now visit the site to see more features and the upgrade so you can make a better review here.

Hoping to see you all on December 5th when we shall celebrate one year of existence and out ranking major sites in Nigeria.

Hmmm... that's what I wanted to know(are u using only NL ads)... Although I'm using some tools to spy on your ad campaign the results may not be accurate...

Highly skilled webmasters can deceive alexa so its not good to use it to assess a site.

U're deceiving alexa by using paid ads..

From what I've seen on your site if you ever stop advertising for some weeks. Your rankings will drop. Just hope the script error is truly solved.
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 15, 2014
illuminatic:
Khaynet
fattbabakay
zeroshadow
Moderrator
Khaynet
jenifertaler
coolsix

u very welcome
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by illuminatic: 7:08am On Nov 15, 2014
GodMode:

Hmmm... that's what I wanted to know(are u using only NL ads)... Although I'm using some tools to spy on your ad campaign the results may not be accurate...

Highly skilled webmasters can deceive alexa so its not good to use it to assess a site.

U're deceiving alexa by using paid ads..

From what I've seen on your site if you ever stop advertising for some weeks. Your rankings will drop. Just hope the script error is truly solved.
It may interest you to know paid ad brings less than 10% visit to so even if we stop advertising which is unlikely because despite facebook huge traffic they still advertise their site till date we may not drop in ranking.
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by fleps(m): 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2014
illuminatic:

It may interest you to know paid ad brings less than 10% visit to so even if we stop advertising which is unlikely because despite facebook huge traffic they still advertise their site till date we may not drop in ranking.
If it brings less than 10% then how come the buhaha that is what it is today because of paid ads
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by illuminatic: 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2014
fleps:

If it brings less than 10% then how come the buhaha that is what it is today because of paid ads
That is what you ought to figure out yourself.
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by CreativeWeb(m): 10:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
Just keep deceiving yourself.
GodMode + Illuminatic = owner of that crappy forum called .
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by onyengbu: 12:44am On Nov 16, 2014
CreativeWeb:
Just keep deceiving yourself.
GodMode + Illuminatic = owner of that crappy forum called .
You and crappy sef grin
E be like say e never tay you learn that word.

Meanwhile I just noticed the forum design has completely metamorphosed ...... lipsrsealed
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 16, 2014
Publicity stunt.
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 16, 2014
just red through this thread and it hs bn very interesting so far....

But i tell you...of i had 420k i wouldnt build on this same nairaland concept which sold back in 2006.

Can we try something new for Nigerians?

pls check bubblews.com which is a grided form of forum.

I would like to meet with like minds willing to build something like the above for Nigerians.

Bt all the same if this man illuminatic can do more stunts on his site and continue with this aggressive advertising he just mightvget made.
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by illuminatic: 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
webshopNG:
just red through this thread and it hs bn very interesting so far....

But i tell you...of i had 420k i wouldnt build on this same nairaland concept which sold back in 2006.

Can we try something new for Nigerians?

pls check bubblews.com which is a grided form of forum.

I would like to meet with like minds willing to build something like the above for Nigerians.

Bt all the same if this man illuminatic can do more stunts on his site and continue with this aggressive advertising he just mightvget made.
Note- its not all idea that works in Africa before you waste your fund
Re: Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 17, 2014
illuminatic:
Note- its not all idea that works in Africa before you waste your fund

can you see how people run eter sketer because of 20naira $0.1?......anything abt making money just for using a forum would work..... check www.bubblews.com again..build something like that in Nigeria if they wll.not take the bait

(1) (Reply)

How Can A Site On PHP Changed To Word Press / 4 Basic Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Tips For Beginners - VIDEO / which UTC timezone should I choose while filling adsense form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.