Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. (1997 Views)

Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? / Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. / I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 08, 2014
Theresa is attracted to Anthony, she asks Anthony out on a date. Anthony isn't interested, Maybe he isn't attracted to her or he is married, for whatever reason, he declines.

Was Theresa rejected?
Yes!
When someone is rejected, they are prone to feel:
-Despair
-Frustration
Typically she will feel
-Resentment and
-Anger towards Anthony.

The rejection affects the dopamine and cortisol activities in her brain Which can actually cause physical pain, some short term effects of this rejection are:
-Aggressiveness
-Antisocial behaviour

This type of emotional reaction, also explains why atheists are one of the most hated group of people.

Theresa is a theist and the bill board(nairaland) reminds her that atheists exist; or perhaps Theresa discovers that her acquaintance Anthony is an atheist or Theresa is in an argument about the existence of God, anyone of these things could cause Theresa to feel:
-Despair: "I feel Sorry for you. I will pray for you."
-Frustration: "Why do you care? Just let people believe What they want!"
Typically she will feel:
-Resentment: "You are an immoral reprobate"
-Anger: "You are going to burn in hell" towards Anthony
because of this she may even exhibit
-Aggressiveness: "You are a big fool!"
-Antisocial behavior: "Don't ever talk to me again!"

As you can see,there is a fascinating parallel between typical reaction of someone who is romantically rejected and the typical reaction of a theist who encounters an atheist(for the first time,because the effects are reduced If they(theist) are used to it)
But the parallel is practically shouted from the rooftops as the theist actually describe atheist disbelief as "rejection"
"The atheist rejects God" they say.

rejection/skepticism

It is no coincidence that the theist chooses the word "rejection" because there is a disconnect between inaccurate use of the word "rejection" to describe the atheist position and the theist reaction which coincide with the exact same symptoms of rejection,thereby compelling them to use that word even though it is inaccurate.

The inaccuracy can be easily seen from the romantic perspective, the analogy would look like this:

Theresa tries to set Anthony up on a blind date with Gloria, Anthony doesn't think Theresa even knows Gloria, or that she is acting as an agent on Gloria's behalf.

Did Anthony actually reject Gloria?
No!
What If Anthony doesn't believe Gloria exist,perhaps Theresa describes her as being too attractive, describes her personality as too perfect to be believable, So If Anthony doesn't believe that Gloria do actually exist,did he reject her even If Gloria does exist?
No!
All that Gloria needs to do is to show up and ask Anthony out in person for him to accept. Or
Theresa describes Gloria inaccurately, is Anthony rejecting the real Gloria or the inaccurate portrayal of Gloria,Which doesn't actually exist even though she does?

In all accounts Anthony is not actually rejecting Gloria and in all accounts Theresa would have no reason to feel rejected at all.
So why then does the theist show typical signs of rejection and even misuse the word "rejection" When encountering an atheist?
Because

Gloria is Theresa.
The theist is God.

Your relationship with God is actually a profound dynamic relationship with the self, with your EGO.
It is why God knows you So well, it is why God's opinion are So often your opinion and why a different believer of the same God as yours can claim that he agrees with God's opinion but not with yours.
It is why God seems So very real to you,
because

God is real, God is you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8ZMMuu7MU

4 Likes

Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by dalaman: 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
What an interesting video.
Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by plaetton: 1:43am On Dec 03, 2014
This is why I tend to pity them. I understand their pain, but they don't seem to understand their own pains.
Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by tos4u(m): 2:21am On Dec 03, 2014
Believe God and be okay, but Disbelieve GOD at your own peril. THE Almighty Jehovah has nothing to loose

4 Likes

Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 03, 2014
tos4u:
Believe God and be okay, but Disbelieve GOD at your own peril. THE Almighty Jehovah has nothing to loose

You are GOD
Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by 5minsmadness: 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2014
@op see logic grin grin grin
You have effectively placed yourself into a box where anyone who disagrees with your views is 'god' grin

Did you ever consider that maybe that analogy wouldn't work if it was the male that asked the female out? We all know males handle rejection better than females when it comes to such things. Could it be possible that Anthony could have asked Theresa out and when Theresa said no for whatever reason Anthony could simply pick himself up, dust himself off and walk away? So all christians are females suffering from rejection?

Pls someone should help me with a laughing gif!!!
Hahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaa!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
5minsmadness:
@op see logic grin grin grin
You have effectively placed yourself into a box where anyone who disagrees with your views is 'god' grin

Did you ever consider that maybe that analogy wouldn't work if it was the male that asked the female out? We all know males handle rejection better than females when it comes to such things. Could it be possible that Anthony could have asked Theresa out and when Theresa said no for whatever reason Anthony could simply pick himself up, dust himself off and walk away? So all christians are females suffering from rejection?

Pls someone should help me with a laughing gif!!!
Hahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaa!!!!

Dhurr some males don't know how to handle rejection, So you still don't have a point. It's just an illustration dude. In fact some females can handle rejection more than some males,So what point do you have?
Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by Weah96: 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
tos4u:

You're helping to bolster his point, Sir. Do you think that it's a coincidence that both you and God have the same opinion about roasting humans beings forever?

2 Likes

Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by tos4u(m): 2:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
You have right to your own opinion, but GOd remains God, and He has the final say, take it or leave it, it does not change God
Weah96:

You're helping to bolster his point, Sir. Do you think that it's a coincidence that both you and God have the same opinion about roasting humans beings forever?
Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by Longstride: 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
interesting analogy I must say.

When Christians tell me
"as strong as Paul's beliefs were when he was a persecutor, he repented and changed, so follow his footsteps"
I use the same analogy ....according to the còck and bull stories, Jesus(Gloria) appeared to Paul(Anthony) [first hand proof], without this, Paul would never have changed.
if Jesus did so with every unbeliever, Atheism won't exist.

1 Like

Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by asalimpo(m): 2:48pm On Dec 07, 2014
Weah96:

is it not better to escape d roasting while you can, than stay prideful and insulting while zooming to perdition?

You hav urself to blame for making hell so quit yapping.

It's like a man being urged to jump from a sinking ship into a waiting lifeboat but who vehemntly refuses.
Who will u blame for your eternal damnation? God, for not informing you?
Or God for giving you the free will to choose d sinking ship?
Or God for not violating ypur free will?
Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by Weah96: 2:52pm On Dec 07, 2014
asalimpo:

is it not better to escape d roasting while you can, than stay prideful and insulting while zooming to perdition?

It's like a man being urged to jump from a sinking ship into a waiting lifeboat but who vehemntly refuses.

Have you ever been dead, Sir?

3 Likes

Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by plaetton: 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
asalimpo:

Same old worn out silly and childish appeal to the most primordial instinct of fear.

As an intelligent adult, don't you have a suspicion and aversion for products that use fear and terror as it's strongest selling point ?

Even in my pre teens, the idea of a god punishing people for not believing in him sounded very childish and silly. I really wonder how educated adults can hold on to this ridiculous belief.

1 Like

Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 07, 2014
plaetton:

Same old worn out silly and childish appeal to the most primordial instinct of fear.

As an intelligent adult, don't you have a suspicion and aversion for products that use fear and terror as it's strongest selling point ?

Even in my pre teens, the idea of a god punishing people for not believing in him sounded very childish and silly. I really wonder how educated adults can hold on to this ridiculous belief.

Na only programming the guy sabi, I know am wella, he no get common sense at all. Tested and confirmed.
Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by Weah96: 3:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
plaetton:

There's also a hell in Roman and Greek mythology, but you don't see them scrambling to obey the commandments of Zeus.

I've resigned myself to the understanding that some people are incapable of handling uncertainty.

Atheism doesn't replace faith with another delusory paradigm. It is the truth. The truth has no agenda.

1 Like

Re: I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. by plaetton: 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
Weah96:

There's also a hell in Roman and Greek mythology, but you don't see them scrambling to obey the commandments of Zeus.

I've resigned myself to the understanding that some people are incapable of handling uncertainty.

Atheism doesn't replace faith with another delusory paradigm. It is the truth. The truth has no agenda.
Exactly.
That's why we don't have prophets and apostles of gravity or the Sun knocking on people's doors asking them to harken to the commandments of gravity or risk a downfall from a high place. Lol.
grin

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

....and The Enemies Submitted / Jesus Christ Is God Almighty :ask Me Anything!! / Happy Juvenile Harvest Celestial Church Of Christ Worldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.