Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,018 members, 7,810,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. (4763 Views)

3 Bedroom Set Back New House At Obawole Ogba 12m Fence With Gate Is Available / 3 Bedroom Set Back New House At Obawole Ogba 12m Fence With Gate Is Available / 1 Plot Of Land And Three Bedroom Set Back At Abule Tailor@ N15m Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by ccaramel(f): 1:39am On Nov 09, 2014
Can anybody let me know the price for this style of furniture or where it is sold in Lagos at a good price? Imported or locally made info is welcome. Also anyone know any good furniture maker/ carpenter that can make this Victorian style? I'm trying to import them from china/ dubai but the price might outweigh getting it locally in Nigeria after shipping and clearing is factored in. I just need info on prices in Nigeria. Thanks!

Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by FastShipping: 1:43am On Nov 09, 2014
I doubt they have this in Lagos. You might as well buy it from Dubai or come down to furniture capital of U.S (North Carolina) to buy this furniture.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by ccaramel(f): 1:49am On Nov 09, 2014
FastShipping:
I doubt they have this in Lagos. You might as well buy it from Dubai or come down to furniture capital of U.S (North Carolina) to buy this furniture.

Really? I see it a lot in Nigerian movies. Not the quality I like but they should have them in Nigeria somewhere. How much can I get a living room set from your side? I also learnt it's contraband from my clearing agent and might be seized or pay major bucks to get out from customs. I will have to also get a 20 ft container to load this as they mostly come assembled. Any good furniture site in the USA to check?

Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by FastShipping: 1:53am On Nov 09, 2014
ccaramel:

Really? I see it a lot in Nigerian movies. Not the quality I like but they should have them in Nigeria somewhere. How much can I get a living room set from your side? I also learnt it's contraband from my clearing agent and might be ceased or pay major bucks to get out from customs. I will have to also get a 20 ft container to load this as they mostly come assembled.

They have it in Nigeria but the quality won't be as high as the ones you've displayed here. I don't really know how much they are sold for but my guess says $5,000-$7,000 for set. They are contraband when you ship them to Nigeria without other things. Load three vehicles in in a 40ft container and some furniture. Guess what, I am sending some furniture to Nigeria this coming Friday with vehicles in the container as well.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by ccaramel(f): 1:58am On Nov 09, 2014
FastShipping:

They have it in Nigeria but the quality won't be as high as the ones you've displayed here. I don't really know how much they are sold for but my guess says $5,000-$7,000 for set. They are contraband when you ship them to Nigeria without other things. Load three vehicles in in a 40ft container and some furniture. Guess what, I am sending some furniture to Nigeria this coming Friday with vehicles in the container as well.

Ok that makes sense. I don't have vehicles to ship now and I hardly use containers so didn't know it was possible to put them in with cars. I will be looking at that route if I don't get a good one in Naija. Pricing from china is about $3000 though but shipping is too high. Thanks a lot for the input.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by FastShipping: 2:00am On Nov 09, 2014
ccaramel:

Ok that makes sense. I don't have vehicles to ship now and I hardly use containers so didn't know it was possible to put them in with cars. I will be looking at that route if I don't get a good one in Naija. Thanks a lot for the input.

Good one.

That guy you introduced to me in PA is crazy. Imagine he now charges $500 to go to Bayonne from PA area. That is an increase of 100%.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by ccaramel(f): 2:07am On Nov 09, 2014
FastShipping:

Good one.

That guy you introduced to me in PA is crazy. Imagine he now charges $500 to go to Bayonne from PA area. That is an increase of 100%.

Haha. I haven't used him in a while. But Bayonne port can be crazzzy. He once slept in his truck overnight for my drop off as he was unable to deliver the car cos of the long line. They close by 4pm and he was there since 1pm. He was doing Wilmington for me for a while for cheap with no wait times. Too bad they closed wilmington angry hope you have a driver with better rate? Bill never disappoints though.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by FastShipping: 2:11am On Nov 09, 2014
ccaramel:

Haha. I haven't used him in a while. But Bayonne port can be crazzzy. He once slept in his truck overnight for my drop off as he was unable to deliver the car cos of the long line. They close by 4pm and he was there since 1pm. He was doing Wilmington for me for a while for cheap with no wait times. Too bad they closed wilmington angry hope you have a driver with better rate? Bill never disappoints though.

How doesn't disappoint but he got greedy. I gave him a lot of drop off and I always pay him before pick up. $500 to Bayonne from PA is high. He did one for me from Scranton that I ended up paying Bill $585 after paying over $200 on storage fee at the auction. I was the one who initiated him into the Wilmington port. He never went there until I told him about the place. I had him take one of my drop off there.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by ccaramel(f): 2:19am On Nov 09, 2014
FastShipping:

How doesn't disappoint but he got greedy. I gave him a lot of drop off and I always pay him before pick up. $500 to Bayonne from PA is high. He did one for me from Scranton that I ended up paying Bill $585 after paying over $200 on storage fee at the auction. I was the one who initiated him into the Wilmington port. He never went there until I told him about the place. I had him take one of my drop off there.

Yeah he definitely got greedy. $585 He has never charged me that amount before from Scranton. But again I haven't used him since April or so. I'm shipping most from Georgia/ Florida these days so Jacksonville port. Oh yeah, he was the one that told me about Wilmington shocked me sef never know. I was with SAL and had to change shipping company. I will be on the lookout for good drivers with good rates for you when I get one again.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by FastShipping: 2:23am On Nov 09, 2014
ccaramel:

Yeah he definitely got greedy. $585 He has never charged me that amount before from Scranton. But again I haven't used him since April or so. I'm shipping most from Georgia/ Florida these days so Jacksonville port. Oh yeah, he was the one that told me about Wilmington shocked me sef never know. I was with SAL and had to change shipping company. I will be on the lookout for good drivers with good rates for you when I get one again.

You know we get into desperate mode once storage fee is pilling up and no driver to do pick up. I hope you don't use uship for pick up in GA and FL.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by ccaramel(f): 2:27am On Nov 09, 2014
FastShipping:

You know we get into desperate mode once storage fee is pilling up and no driver to do pick up. I hope you don't use uship for pick up in GA and FL.
don't remind me of storage fee eh. Paid my share due to drivers not wanting to go to the port or cancelling. No I don't use uship. A friend helps out with his truck.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by FastShipping: 2:31am On Nov 09, 2014
ccaramel:
don't remind me of storage fee eh. Paid my share due to drivers not wanting to go to the port or cancelling. No I don't use uship. A friend helps out with his truck.

I sent you an email.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by ccaramel(f): 2:42am On Nov 09, 2014
FastShipping:

I sent you an email.

Ok got it. Will respond.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by ccaramel(f): 6:36am On Nov 09, 2014
Any interior decorator in the house?
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by ccaramel(f): 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Still searching.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by omegdeluxe(f): 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
hello Ccaramel have you found an interior decorator? I am a professional interior decorator/ designer an we deal on everything interior from soft furnishings to hard furnishings including designing and remodelling. You can whatsapp me on 08135653559 or pm me or if you dnt mind i will pm you.
Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Living, Dining And Bedroom set. by itstpia8: 2:34am On Jan 08, 2016
you should probably print a picture and show it to furniture dealers to see if they can locate this style or give you some pointers.

and yes, most likely imported.

(1) (Reply)

Electrical | Extra-Low Voltages | Smart Home / Office Automation. / Lawyer Role In Buying Land / Hectares And Acres Of Land For Sale In Lekki Areas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.