Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,139 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

How To Prepare For Scholarship Examinations/tests In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Prepare For Scholarship Examinations/tests In Nigeria (555 Views)

Students, Start Now To Prepare For Life After School / Learn The Best Method Of Dealing With Scholarship Examinations / Causes Of Mass-Failure In Public Examinations In Nigeria -By Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare For Scholarship Examinations/tests In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
Scholarships have always been a reward for students academic intelligence, outstanding performances and potential. But beyond that, many of us scout for scholarships as a means of financial support for our academic pursuits especially in the university or college. Before scholarships are awarded to students as we are well aware, they are shortlisted for scholarship examinations or tests on the basis of their application and are selected for the awards on the basis of their performance in these scholarship exams or tests.

As I will always believe, the success of any endeavor has a lot to do with how well it is planned and how preparations are carried out. I hope that after going through this post, you will be better equipped to map and draft out plans and adequately prepare for scholarships.

1. Start early to do your due diligence.

Start on time to scout for scholarships and try to recognize the most viable and possible options for you. If you are in the university, for example, you need to start to do your due diligence and scout for viable scholarships from your first year in the university. My success in the attainment of scholarships while in school can be traced back to my first year when I began on time to scout for scholarships.

2. It all starts with your application.

The application form you are usually asked to fill, perhaps online or otherwise and the details usually requested for by scholarship sponsors are the greatest determinants of the chances you have of being awarded the scholarship(s). It is how you advertise yourself, so don't fill it in a haste, do it very carefully and smartly as you would when applying for a job position or office. Remember, that you will be shortlisted on the basis of your application.

3. Ensure that you made your UTME and O-level papers.

While this is very important, it should discourage you from making a try if you didn't have very good UTME (JAMB and Post-UTME) and O-level papers. Even though merit as well as academic performance and track-record are one of the major bases for awarding scholarships, there are so many other criteria used to determine qualified scholarship candidates.

4. Develop your cognitive skills and reasoning ability.

Most scholarship examinations and tests are prepared in such a way that they test your academic and cognitive skills through quantitative reasoning, logical reasoning, critical thinking and management skills. So, it is advisable that you develop these skills by practice. G-MAT Job and Aptitude Test Kits will help you here.
You can download a FREE G-MAT practice copy here and see more tips on how to prepare at: http://www.mynaijadream.com/2014/11/how-to-prepare-for-scholarship_9.html

(1) (Reply)

Urgent!!! Interprete This Grammer In Politics / List Of Shortlisted Students For Lagos State 2013/2014 Bursary Awards / Someone Should Please Help Me With Answer?? Its An Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.