Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Truecaller To Replace Smartphone Dial Pad - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Truecaller To Replace Smartphone Dial Pad (1326 Views)

Where In Nigeria Is Pank Shin? Truecaller App Keeps Giving That Location. / Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application / The Scam Called Truecaller ID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truecaller To Replace Smartphone Dial Pad by nikky5(m): 1:41am On Nov 10, 2014
Truecaller, an app that is said to make people take the right call, has announced the global introduction of Truedialer on Google Play.

Truecaller’s 85 million users trust the app’s service to provide them with the contact information they need and protect them from unwanted calls.

The company said it wasing using its expertise to replace smartphones’ standard bare bones dialing interfaces with their new app, Truedialer.

It said Truedialer brings an experience that goes beyond a phone’s standard dialer. Unlike a standard dial pad, the company said Truedialer gave instant access to relevant information about contacts that users were trying to dial.

It said, “If users are dialing a number for an individual or business outside of their phonebook, they’ll be able to see the name, and even a profile photo of whom they’re about to dial before they place the call.

“The integration of the Truecaller technology works in conjunction with Truedialer so users can have the best experience when they make or receive calls.”
http://www.punchng.com/business/technology/truecaller-to-replace-smartphone-dial-pad/

1 Like

Re: Truecaller To Replace Smartphone Dial Pad by Mayour11(m): 3:42am On Nov 10, 2014
OK, fingers crossed. Let's see if it's not going to be another avenue of wasting our precious bandwidth.

1 Like

Re: Truecaller To Replace Smartphone Dial Pad by ewizard1: 8:25am On Nov 10, 2014
Google should just buy that company .. Very crazy app!!!

Always amazed!!!

There was a funny scene I noticed that app does. After installing, it reads all your contact and syncs them to a/their server. If you get a call from a new number, it checks if the number is a contact on any of your contacts' ... if it is, it gives the name exactly as the contact (your contact) stored it.

Pretty amazing!!!
Re: Truecaller To Replace Smartphone Dial Pad by lanre316: 8:40am On Nov 10, 2014
ewizard1:
Google should just buy that company .. Very crazy app!!!

Always amazed!!!

There was a funny scene I noticed that app does. After installing, it reads all your contact and syncs them to a/their server. If you get a call from a new number, it checks if the number is a contact on any of your contacts' ... if it is, it gives the name exactly as the contact (your contact) stored it.

Pretty amazing!!!

My thoughts exactly. They shouldn't make the same mistake they made with Whatsap by not snatching this company up while they can.

The only ish I have with them is their lack of support for dual sim phones. I guess they will address the issue later.
Re: Truecaller To Replace Smartphone Dial Pad by Lordseyad(m): 10:18am On Nov 10, 2014
Wia the Download Link?
Re: Truecaller To Replace Smartphone Dial Pad by ITbomb(m): 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2014
So even if you wan flash person, e go connect to internet and comot your money
I'm very sure this will not work on edge network. A typical data and battery drainer

Nigeria limited bandwidth is not yet ready for dis
Re: Truecaller To Replace Smartphone Dial Pad by goldfish80(m): 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
This app is crazy. I was boasting to a friend that my name won't appear if he tries the true caller sh!t with my number. Guess what, my full names was on display immediately he dialled my number. I had to quickly download the apk. This app is mad!

(1) (Reply)

Sgh I747 (samsung Galaxy S3 At&t) HELP.. / NITEL Rebrands As Ntel, To Deploy 4G Network In Nigeria’s Telecoms Market / Glo Introduce 11k/s Prepaid Plan , Call All Networks In Nigeria For 11k/s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.