Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Is Rakim The Greatest Rapper Of All Time? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Rakim The Greatest Rapper Of All Time? (459 Views)

Greatest Rapper Alive / Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? / Tha Source Magazine Interviews Greatest Rapper On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Rakim The Greatest Rapper Of All Time? by Djicemob: 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
Discography: Paid in Full (as Eric B. & Rakim) (1987), Follow the Leader (as Eric B. & Rakim) (1988), Let the Rhythm Hit ‘Em (as Eric B. & Rakim) (1990), Don’t Sweat the Technique (as Eric B. & Rakim) (1992), The 18th Letter (1997), The Master (1999), The Seventh Seal (2009)

The closest thing hip hop has ever gotten to God is Rakim Allah – the most revolutionary lyricist hip hop has ever witnessed.

On the strength of that famous opening line – “I came in the door, i said it before, I never let the mic magnatize me no more” – Rakim went on to transform simple rhyme patterns into an intricate art form.

Not content to stick to the rigid structure previous rappers like LL, Kool Moe Dee and Melle Mel were using, Rakim approached lyricism with fresh imagination, delivering his rhymes like a jazz musician plays their instrument – effortless, smooth and without boundaries.

And as groundbreaking Paid in Full was, Rakim upped the notch with Follow the Leader, expanding on his multisyllabic rhymes and displaying a variety of stunning verbal acrobatics.

There have been so many articles and reviews written about Rakim and his rhyme skills, anything I say now would simply be superfluous. Bottom line: Rakim is the most influential and one of the greatest rappers of all time, period.
Re: Is Rakim The Greatest Rapper Of All Time? by swagwu(m): 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2014
2pac shakur.....all d way tongue
Re: Is Rakim The Greatest Rapper Of All Time? by fijiano202(m): 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
Rakim is legend but Nas is the best ever was
Re: Is Rakim The Greatest Rapper Of All Time? by lanxlot(m): 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2014
i think its hollandix...Its durability is unequivocal.
Re: Is Rakim The Greatest Rapper Of All Time? by Pdizzle(m): 11:55am On Nov 11, 2014
Rakim is a legend, but not enough materials to himself.
Re: Is Rakim The Greatest Rapper Of All Time? by JigsawKillah(m): 12:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
G-O-D The gOD Emcee!

Rakim Allah is King

(1) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Grinds Patoranking On Stage & Forgets Her Husband / Music: B-red – Twerk Ft. Davido / Learn Music Production In 12weeks, Fulfill Ur Dream. Visit Us @countryflag Studi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.