Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe (5409 Views)

Late Dr. Myles Munroe’s Family Issues Statement | Both Children Alive And Well / Myles Munroe, His Wife & Daughter Are Dead (Plane Crash) / Dr Myles Munroe And His Wife Dead In Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe by ajahexcel(m): 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2014
5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe

He is one person I never met but can speak exactly the way he does, his gestures, intonation and body language, I know. My first dose of motivation while growing up as a youth came from his book "Releasing Your Potential". I can vividly recall a line where he said

"Although a tree cannot make a forest, but the death of a tree is the burial of forest"

Dr. Myles Munroe is one of the great minds whose legacies and impact the earth and its inhabitants cannot claim ignorant.

Life And Times Of Dr. Myles Munroe

Dr. Myles Munroe died yesterday in a plane crash in Grand Bahama Ship Yard. His plane flew low and struck a crane. He, his wife, Ruth and daughter, Charisa were also on board among others. All passengers were declared dead.
Myles_Munroe

1. Who is Myles Munroe?
Myles Munroe was a teacher, leader and mentor to millions of Christians and non-Christians alike. His leadership teachings in all areas of life including career, finance, relationship, leadership, evangelism and many more.

2. Upbringing and Education
Myles Munroe was born in April 20, 1954 in Bahamas, USA. He came from a not well-of family. He made it from mat to jet. That’s about his growing. In 1978, Myles graduated with a degree in fine arts, education and theology at Oral Roberts University. Then again he went for his masters and graduated in 1980 at University of Tulsa with a Masters degree in Administration and was awarded a number of honorary doctoral degrees.

3. Ministry
Dr. Myles Munroe was the president and founder of the Bahamas Faith Ministries International (BFMI) and Myles Munroe International (MMI), a Christian growth and resource center that includes leadership training institutes, a missions agency, a publishing company, a television network, radio and Web communications, and a church community. He was chief executive officer and chairman of the board of the International Third World Leaders Association and president of the International Leadership Training Institute. He was the author of 69 books and was a motivational speaker.

4. Family
Dr. Munroe and his wife Ruth, who is also a public speaker addressing women’s issues, travel as a team and are involved in teaching seminars together. Dr Myles and his wife, Ruth was married for over 34 years. They are the proud parents of to college graduates, Charisa Munroe (BS, MSS) and Myles “Chairo” Jr. (BS, MBA)

5. Awards
In 1998, Dr. Munroe was awarded the Silver Jubilee Award for providing 25 years of outstanding service to the Bahamas in the category of Faith. Also that year, Myles Munroe was named to the Queen’s Birthday Honours 1998, OBE. In 2004, he was named the Oral Roberts University Alumnus of the year and received an honorary doctorate from them.

Dr. Munroe was supposed to be in Nigeria this month at Harvester Int’l Christian Center, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos for the church’s programme.

May the gentle soul of this teacher and mentor rest in peace.....

If you have a word to say about him, use the comment box below
SOURCE: http://.com/5-things-must-know-dr-myles-munroe-share/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe by nomabeeee(f): 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2014
Pulling through is the only option...never give up!!! RIP dr myles..my life at a point got a light of ur words,now and always it still would..
Re: 5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe by Chiscomax(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
This futo boy... Nice write up
Re: 5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe by ajahexcel(m): 9:19am On Nov 11, 2014
Chiscomax:
This futo boy... Nice write up
Chiscomax, you know me?
Re: 5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe by Chiscomax(m): 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
ajahexcel:

Chiscomax, you know me?

No, I just see visions... Kidding, yeah I do bros... One of ur fans. U re a casorite too nd I attend there once in a while
Re: 5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe by tpia6: 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
ajahexcel:
5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe

He is one person I never met but can speak exactly the way he does, his gestures, intonation and body language,

for some reason, bahamas doesnt seem to have the same accent as the rest of the carribean. Unless its because they have two forms of english, including creole.

check the prime minister's speech as well, he talks the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7UlTjw1M5E
Re: 5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe by ajahexcel(m): 3:40am On Nov 14, 2014
MY MENTOR, MY heart bleeds
but I still catch on those word of yours... the greatest tragedy in life is not dead but a life without purpose
Re: 5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe by zappyj(m): 11:53am On Nov 14, 2014
No 6) He married as a virgin. This is very true
Re: 5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe by osifred(m): 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
Bahamas is not in the Us of A
Re: 5 Things You Must Know About Dr. Myles Munroe by tpia6: 8:45am On Nov 15, 2014
True.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Yobe State In Nigeria Is Boiling Now. Churches Are Being Burnt / 2 Muslim Men Disrupt Church Service in edo state (video) / How To Attract Money And Customers To Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.