Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Chapatti. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chapatti. (848 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chapatti. by DonEse125(f): 9:16am On Nov 23, 2008
Does anyone have any new ideas on the type of sauce 2 eat wit chapatti? I'm getting bored of the tomato and pepper sauce,or d green peas,carrots and olive oil sauce. I need hot,spicy and creative ideas,please!
Re: Chapatti. by iice(f): 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2008
Hummus
When am lazy i slab butter on it or nutella (hazelnut spread) on it.
Re: Chapatti. by teissys(f): 8:12am On Nov 24, 2008
Chapatis go well when complemented with bean stew
Re: Chapatti. by teissys(f): 9:01am On Nov 24, 2008
Ingredients:
1/2 Kg Beans
4 Cloves of garlic
2 Coconuts, grated and squeezed( heavier coconut milk and lighter coconut milk)
1 onion
1/2 tablespoon, salt
2 table spoons, cooking fat

Recipe:
* Boil the beans until they are well cooked; preferably for 2 hrs.
*I believe that beans stew is more delicious when cooked with an earthen pot. Place the pot on the stove and heat some fat.
* Chop the onions into small pieces and add them into the pot to cook. Fry until it turns golden brown. Add the ground garlic and fry
*Put some zesta tomato paste/puree and fry until it's ready. Add the beans and stir evenly. Let it boil for ten minutes then add the lighter coconut milk and cover the pot with a lid.
*After boiling for about twenty minutes, add the heavy coconut milk mixed with royco(I believe you also have royco in Naija). Add corriander leaves to garnish and let the stew simmer for fifteen minutes.
*Remove the pot and let it cool. Best served when warm.
Enjoy your meal, jare.

(1) (Reply)

Hello / ... / Will You Eat This Cake If Offered?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.