Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review (2022 Views)

Olajumoke Orisaguna Featured In Indian Newspaper / The Top Ten Best Artists In Nigeria Year 2015! / Pictures: Star Lager Builds Record-Breaking Xmas Tree With 8,000 Beer Bottles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by medlat(m): 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
In this piece, Ajibola, a Producer with Pearl Studio reviewed M.I’s latest album; the Chairman. The most interesting thing in the album is that he featured over 30 artists, now that’s a record in the Nigerian entertainment industry (maybe in Africa).

The album features collaborations with producers and guest artists such as 2face Idibia, Wizkid, Seyi Shay, Ice Prince, Olamide, Phyno, Reminisce, Oritse Femi, Patoranking, Reinhard, Runtown, Sarkodie, Nosa, Beenie Man, Koker, Moti Cakes, Wilson Alao, Sound Sultan, Emmy Ace, Sammy Gyang, Chigurl, Milli, Frank Edwards, Nanya, G-Plus, Morell, Loose Kaynon, Pheelz, Debbie, DJ Lambo, Sarz, Stormrex, L-37, Vstix and I.J. The album’s production began in 2012 and continued through the third quarter of 2014. The album was supported by “Chairman” and “King James”, two promotional singles that didn’t make the cut.

In all, above average album. Versatile with something for everyone. Good but below expectation, especially based on the antecedents of M.I and his previous works. He got the best out of his collaborations, but I’m afraid, they almost owned the album. About 30 artistes were featured on the Album; that the highest I’ve noticed on any Album ever.

Now, let’s get started, Short reviews, 1 track at a time.

Track 1: The Beginning/Nobody
Nice Skit, comical. No direct relationship to the Album Theme (The Chairman) except that it ends with ‘Monkey’ and the next track (Track 2) is titled Monkey. RATING: 4/5

Track 2: Monkey
Funny Song. Chigurl did justice to the track. M.I’s rap style was similar to African Rapper No.1 on his M.I 2 Album but the former doesn’t measure up to this. I hope Glo Reps listen to the track. RATING: 3/5

Track 3: Rich
Nostalgic. Nice Chorus, superb soundtrack. This is one song you’ll remember even if you listen only once. Koker delivered the chorus in a way that makes you wanna skip all else just to hear ‘Ilekun Asi’. Arguably one of the best songs on the Album. RATING: 4.5/5

Track 4: Mine
Love lullaby. If you propose to your girl with this song, you’d likely get a yes. Top notch vocal delivery from Wizkid, his best in a long long time. RATING: 3.5/5

Track 5: Bullion Van
Of all the featured artists (3 in no.), Phyno stood out with his trademark voice. The bridge/ending was superb. However, the track get tiring with time & its monotony. Hopefully, Igbo Business men can relate to it better. RATING: 3.5/5

Track 6: Bad Belle
Nice Soundtrack. International feel. It can stand toe to toe with the Jayz’ and the Kanyes. Arguable the Best Rap track for M.I on the Album. Collabo was on point. RATING: 4.5/5

Track 7: Shekpe
This one is intended for the street. And it was well driven by Igboro himself, Reminince. He did the street proud on this one. The downside, however, is with the chorus: ‘one sherpe bottle standing on the way…’.. It was just off it. It would have been better if it was sung once (without emphasis) towards the end of the song. RATING: 3.5/5

Track 8: Brother
This is the best song, content wise. It’s about the only song you can play when your Pastor is in the car. Wonderful collaboration with Nosa; he added width, harmony and colour to the song. RATING: 4/5

Track 9: The Middle
All the artists on this track played their part well. Olamide added pepper while I.J added salt. M.I was the Chicken on the Jollof rice. RATING: 3.5/5

Track 10: Enemies
Pato didn’t rank high on this. The song is just there. Nothing spectacular. RATING: 3/5

Track 11: Millionaira Champagne
Crowded and Noisy. Typical Club song. RATING: 2.5/5

Track 12: Always Love
I can really pick what ticks on this track.. Somewhat boring to me. Don’t expect much. RATING: 2.5/5

Track 13: Wheel Barrow
Strange sounds but chorus sounds familiar. M.I looked like the featured artist. The invited arts fit into the song better. RATING: 3/5

Track 14: Yours
A thank you song to M.I’s fans. He nailed this one, right to the skull. Effective collaboration; supplied what M.I was lacking. RATING: 4./5

Track 15: Beg
Finally one dance track. Your head must shake. New cliché added to Naija Dico. Collaboration worth it. RATING: 4/5

Track 16: Human Being
Intro outta Naija. Clear message. This one has M.I’s stamp on it, GBAM! It kinda remind you of the good’ol days when M.I was fresh. #me self I be human being. RATING: 4/5

Track 17: The End/Chairman
What a way to end an Album? M.I finally conceded the Chairmanship position to the One higher . Oritsefemi’s trademark voice set the way for the track. Frank was also on point. Superb sound track…. But by now M.I’s lines have become pretty boring and predictable. RATING: 3.5/5

In all, above average album. Versatile with something for everyone. Good but below expectation, especially based on the antecedents of M.I and his previous works. He got the best out of his collaborations, but I’m afraid, they almost owned the album. About 30 artistes were featured on the Album; that the highest I’ve noticed on any Album ever.

Album Ranks 3.5 of 5. 3rd on the pecking order ( behind M.I 2, 1st and Talk about it, 2nd)

Do you agree with the ranking for the tracks and the album? Drop your comments below.

Reviewed by Ajibola (Pearl Studio) for sobolation.com
[size=14pt]#me self I be human being[/size]
Resources: wikipedia

More here: http://www.sobolation.com/category/entertainment/
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by okiezman(m): 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mtchew rubbish album I give am 1.5 over 5
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by lonngmann(m): 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
okay
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by Okijajuju1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
'Chairman' Album..

I wouldnt touch that album because its named after one of the most useless songs M.I has ever sang.

And if the 'Chairman' song was sooo good that he used it as the title of his Album, then God have mercy on the rest of the tracks..

Continues Jamming my Illegal Musik 1 & 2 mixtape..
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by englishmart(m): 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
32 clowns
It won't make any difference...
The song will just be long, wacky and boring

undecided
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by medlat(m): 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
Okijajuju1:
'Chairman' Album..

...And if the 'Chairman' song was sooo good that he used it as the title of his Album, then God have mercy on the rest of the tracks..

Continues Jamming my Illegal Musik 1 & 2 mixtape..

'Chairman' song is widely considered a flop (he claimed to be the chairman in the song), after massive hyping (including a one of the biggest Google hangouts ever). I guess that explains the exclusion from this album, plus he conceded the "Chairman' title in the last track.
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by kestolove95(m): 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
why is ice prince not on d albrm?
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by Mprex(f): 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
Pls did i see Frank Edwards[b][/b]
on that post. I thought that guy is a christian artiste, what business does he have with secular artistes?sad God help us. embarassed
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by lilmax(m): 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mprex:
Pls did i see Frank Edwards[b][/b]
on that post. I thought that guy is a christian artiste, what business does he have with secular artistes?sad God help us. embarassed
go and listen to it before you talk nonsense
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by danbrowndmf(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
The
Chairman album is a nyc album.if ur raten it wack try to remember dt
nigerians wnt to dance dt why Mi try to balance d album btwn the club nd
the hip hop heads.he save some of his dope lines for his upcmn mixtape
titled "The Kid Call Abaga" MI is nt an ordinary rapper buh an artiste who
understnd the music business ,MI album The Chairman is for the street
why his mixtapes is for the hip hop heads.quote me any where

"MI abaga is The Most Complete Rapper in Africa"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by Mprex(f): 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
lilmax:
go and listen to it before you talk nonsense
go and listen to what Swerve
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by Okijajuju1(m): 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
danbrowndmf:
The
Chairman album is a nyc album.if ur raten it wack try to remember dt
nigerians wnt to dance dt why Mi try to balance d album btwn the club nd
the hip hop heads.he save some of his dope lines for his upcmn mixtape
titled "The Kid Call Abaga" MI is nt an ordinary rapper buh an artiste who
understnd the music business ,MI album The Chairman is for the street
why his mixtapes is for the hip hop heads.quote me any where

"MI abaga is The Most Complete Rapper in Africa"

[b]O puleeeeze!

His first 2 albums were not club albums but sold massively and all got 5Mic ratings..

This Album is so wack, I havent even heard a song on the radio.
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by danbrowndmf(m): 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mprex:

go and listen to what Swerve
so becus MI is a secular artiste he mean say im no ft do christian song to ft frank edward again? have u heard "HAVE DONE IT ALL" by Eben? where he fit MI.MI even went more deep in christianity dan the so called christian singers.
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by danbrowndmf(m): 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
Okijajuju1:

[b]O puleeeeze!

His first 2 albums were not club albums but sold massively and all got 5Mic ratings..

This Album is so wack, I havent even heard a song on the radio.
i neva said this album is better dan the previous buh the album is neva wack with tracks like

brother
human being
the end
monkey
mine
rich

the album only lack punchline nd meterphours which i beliv he saved it for his upcmn wrk(Mixtape) "The Kid Call Abaga"

no 4gt him sef na human been oh.

MI abaga is the Most complete African rapper am still sayn it till 2mao.
Re: Record Breaking! M.I Featured 32 Artists In The Chairman Album. Read Full Review by philantoxx(m): 3:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
who am I to judge my chairman
me sef na human being oo

(1) (Reply)

Flavour Shares Photo Collage With Anna Banner / PHOTO: Mavin Finest Artist / Olamide And Toolz Having Fun In A Night Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.