Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

‘my First 2 Years In Marriage Were Turbulent’ – Adaeze Yobo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘my First 2 Years In Marriage Were Turbulent’ – Adaeze Yobo (1579 Views)

Fashion Police Blasts Adaeze Yobo's Outfit:Your Outfit Is A 'Laugh Riot'(pics) / Joseph Yobo And Adaeze Yobo Step Out In Style / Adaeze Yobo Shows Off Twerking Skills (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘my First 2 Years In Marriage Were Turbulent’ – Adaeze Yobo by donogaga(m): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
Adaeze Yobo is a model and former beauty queen who is also the wife of immediate past Super Eagles captain, Joseph Yobo.

The pretty mother of one, who got married to the soccer star four years ago, on December 31, 2009 at a crossover service at the El-Buba Outreach Ministries International/Evangelical Bible Outreach Ministries International Church in Jos, Plateau State to be precise, has revealed how her ego made the first two years of her marriage very turbulent.

In a recent and lengthy post on her Instagram page, Adaeze was probably trying to teach young married women a thing or two about how to manage their relationship with their husbands and used herself as a case study.

Adaeze, whose first claim to fame is tied to winning the MBGN in 2008, wrote: ‘This reminded me so much of the first 2years of my marriage (when I had too much ego, it was all about me and what ‘I deserve’) I will always randomly have in mind that my husband should know ‘we gotta go out’ I would seat my ass down all the time and just get mad, I mean doesn’t he know? I won’t even tell him nonsense! It wasn’t that I desperately wanted to go out because most of the time, we did we had nothing to say to each other but my ‘I deserve mentality’ my after all, I’m the woman the queen mentality, was my motivating factor. Just texting or calling my hubby to say ‘hey babe, there is this restaurant that makes the best prawns (his fav) let’s casually gob after your training. Was what I should have said but here is what I actually said for 2 years, ‘Joe (which is what I call him wen am mad) everybody went to that restaurant on that street and even last night this persons husband took her’. Then he goes from 0-100 in like 2.2 seconds and then my ego kicks in. (You don’t want to know how fast I also went kuku) and no one ends up eating I always said to the people that I complain to, ‘How dare he? Just because I want us to go out and have a nice dinner, don’t I deserve it eh’? Anyway, the moral of this (long) story, is that when I changed from my ‘I deserve’ mentality to ‘we deserve’ slowly, the tables turned. Now he makes our date plan calendar for a month I lost out on seeing that soft amazing person he is for the first 2years because I was always ready to fire, after all he should have read the manual before marriage.’

See her post below…

Re: ‘my First 2 Years In Marriage Were Turbulent’ – Adaeze Yobo by donogaga(m): 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
Re: ‘my First 2 Years In Marriage Were Turbulent’ – Adaeze Yobo by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
I thought am the only one always being coerced about this outdoor dinner thing. My wife is ready to burn a million on a table of dinner without a care in the world, like I have an oil bloc to my name. One of the chief reasons I sent her to Uk, so I can have my peace. She has to read this. She must. She think say na love make me buy her house for UK, not knowing na this Adaeze attitude wey dem get. Na beauty go kill me ?
Re: ‘my First 2 Years In Marriage Were Turbulent’ – Adaeze Yobo by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
Really? undecided
Re: ‘my First 2 Years In Marriage Were Turbulent’ – Adaeze Yobo by LesbianBoy(m): 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
cheesy
Re: ‘my First 2 Years In Marriage Were Turbulent’ – Adaeze Yobo by icebebe(f): 6:10am On Nov 12, 2014
God sef go help me o,am really tryin to adjust,buh its nt eazy bending dwn fr som1 else o

(1) (Reply)

10 Hottest Photos Of P-square On Instagram / Breaking News!popular Radio Personality Charz B Is Dead / Pictures - Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner Flash Cleavage, Legs In See-through

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.