Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death (3352 Views)

2face Idibia Is Officially Blind With Love (photos) / Yemi Alade Escapes Death In London / Stones Thrown At 2face Idibia's Mum Over Village House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by teamup: 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mrs. Rose Idibia, the mother of famous singer, Innocent
Idibia better known as 2face narrowly escaped death on Thursday night after she was attacked by her late
husband’s kinsmen at the Amafu community in Okpokwu LGA of Benue State.
The family members are angry with her for allegedly stopping from from building them the family house he
promised.
According to The Daily Post, the problem started shortly after her late husband died and the family invited
the four children to inform them on what to do.
For his quota, 2face was instructed to build a befitting house where his father and also ‘grade’ the road
leading to Amufu, their home town from Ojapo for easy access during the burial – and he promised to fulfil
the obligations.
As a matter of fact, he sent in some money and kicked off the building project and the upgrading of the
road immediately, however, along the line, the projects hit menopause and family members were left in the
dark on what led to the sudden stoppage.
“When we contacted 2face, he told us he no longer had money to further the project that he would
continue after his father’s burial, but we carried out our investigation and found that it was his mum,
Rose that stopped him from completing the project. The mum told him not to waste his money on any
building that he would not come home anytime to stay there, saying that his uncles would only take over
the house once he completes it,” an indigene who craved anonymity told Dailypost . Thus, the people
resorted on taking the revenge on him and his mum.
As soon as the corpse touched down in Amufu and the widow alighted, youths in the land began to jeer
her, they threw stones and sticks at her calling her all sort of names and saying that she is wicked –
some mockingly called her ‘Obu Michael’ (Michael’s husband).
She had to be sneaked into a room by her colleagues from Cherryfield College, Jikwoyi where she serves
as Vice Principal, Admin. When all this was happening, 2face Idibia allegedly remained in his car with two
of his kids, Isabella and Olivia.
Explaining her side of the story when the father in charge of Mt. St. Camel Catholic Church, Ojapo tried
settling the case, Mrs. Idibia blasted her in-laws for being heartless.
“Is it not wickedness that you would call on someone who is mourning his father to come and start a
building project? When my husband died, they informed my son to come and build ten bed room flat. He
accepted and promised to do so, with the hope that a hug amount of money was coming his way. The
building project started almost immediately but stopped along the line because of finance. So, when they
called to complain why money was no longer coming I called Tuface and he said because of the Ebola
issue, the money he was expecting could not come that they should hold on till after the burial. But his
uncle refused that the burial would not hold until Tuface completes the house. When we finally came home
with the corpse on Thursday, they began to boo me. Some wanted to kill me by throwing stones and sticks
at me that I stopped Tuface my son from building in his village,” she explained.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/11/11/exclusive-kinsmen-battle-2face-idibia-for-refusing-to-build-in-his-village-throw-stones-at-his-mother/
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
Always good to build a house in the village before embarking on a house in town. His father didnt build, and Tuface hasnt built. Nnah nawa for celebrities oh.

Ebola self has been blamed.

2 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by coolebux(m): 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
If the truth be told
Tuface should have done all these things long time ago to avert all these insults and shame the family is facing now.

Whatever happened to charity begins at home.

1 Like

Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by dominique(f): 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
His mum and siblings live in makurdi and abuja that's why she doesn't see the point of building a house in the village. He should have built the house while his dad was still alive.
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by derrick333(m): 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
coolebux:
If the truth be told
Tuface should have done all these things long time ago to avert all these insults and shame the family is facing now.
Whatever happened to charity begins at home.
dominique:
His mum and siblings live in makurdi and abuja that's why she doesn't see the point of building a house in the village. He should have built the house while his dad was still alive.
Billyonaire:
Always good to build a house in the village before embarking on a house in town. His father didnt build, and Tuface hasnt built. Nnah nawa for celebrities oh.
Ebola self has been blamed.
Mayb his uncles wnt Anoda family house built ,cus 2face was a guest on Teju Baby face shw, 2face said he has 3houses ,ABJ lag n benue undecided
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by Amazondepth(m): 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
Much as d action of d in-laws is condemnable,shldnt someone of tuface stature and calibre in d society have a decent house in d village?its how it shld b done.no need running away from reality of identifying with ur kith and kin.for those with oyibo mentality it may sound odd but our people value such tins and it will remain so for a long long time
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by philantoxx(m): 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
who waits for kinsmen to tell u your supposed to build in your fathers place??
tu-face has disgraced himself on a real tho.
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by IfyAwazie(f): 9:33pm On Nov 11, 2014
That one na dere family matter, e no concern me.
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2014
Haba..shey na by force to build in d village..na waooo...d guy said he no get money,dey shud free him na....evn to grade road too...na waooooo

2 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by kokoA(m): 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
How many dey uncle children build for him compound? What's all these rubbish of building in the village by force?! For who to live inside?! Africans and dia mumu mentality sef.

5 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by englishmart(m): 11:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
even if he builds the house and the elders/king's men confiscate it, it's no big deal.....

If they don't benefit from him now that he's alive, is it when he dies that they will benefit from him?
Na person dey pay person money o

Btw, is he supposed to build a house and an access before his late father can be buried?

2face, walahi, if I confirm that you don't have a mansion in your village, naim be say you be jonsing man.

you almost make elders kill your sweet mother and bring disgrace to your reputations
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by englishmart(m): 11:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
a man is that individual, who promises to come around in 2hrs time, and doesn't fail to come at the stipulated time.

2face didn't complain when the elders told him of their requirements..

He even went ahead to start buying some building materials...

He should have just finished what he started, since he wasn't compelled in the first place
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by idupaul: 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
englishmart:
even if he builds the house and the elders/king's men confiscate it, it's no big deal.....

If they don't benefit from him now that he's alive, is it when he dies that they will benefit from him?
Na person dey pay person money o

Btw, is he supposed to build a house and an access before his late father can be buried?

2face, walahi, if I confirm that you don't have a mansion in your village, naim be say you be jonsing man.

you almost make elders kill your sweet mother and bring disgrace to your reputations

You are a terrible person , a very terrible person, i pity anything related to U
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by englishmart(m): 11:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
idupaul:

You are a terrible person , a very terrible person, i pity anything related to U
eeeeeedioooot! You think I care about what you think? To hell with your feelings
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by ilotriouzAY(m): 11:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
Dis relatives wants anoda party frm tuface

Food whey dey neva chop befor

Abeg vote kiddablingzz for mr nairaland
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by ReVizz(m): 11:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
thanks Giving
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by idupaul: 12:41am On Nov 12, 2014
englishmart:
eeeeeedioooot! You think I care about what you think? To hell with your feelings

Thunder fire U there u piece of shit
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 12, 2014
No be small thing oooh
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by Pavore9: 11:14am On Nov 12, 2014
lt is disheartening! l hate relatives possesed by the spirit of entitlement!
Re: 2face Idibia’s Mum Narrowly Escapes Death by janykute: 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
Chai.

(1) (Reply)

Photos; Introducing Nigeria's Youngest Female Saxophone Player; Tobisaxmistress / Could This Be Real? Tupac Shakur Is Alive / Fans Advice Juliet Ibrahim To Divorce Man Over Small Manhood [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.