Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? (1570 Views)

Get The Needed PUSH Out Of Your Lazy-bed / Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? / Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by legendsilver(m): 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
Please my NL families, is a two page cv too long?
I need urgent response from all who have gone through this stage.
Thanks.......
Silver frank
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
In my opinion two pages is ideal for a graduates resume but let the bosses CVwizard acegoals and jarus do more justice to your inquiry

2 Likes

Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by Jarus(m): 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
A neatly arranged 2 pager is ok.

2 Likes

Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by legendsilver(m): 10:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
Jarus:
A neatly arranged 2 pager is ok.
thanks a lot, God bless you all.
Please help me screen the cv, thanks.
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 12, 2014
Expert says a page is ideal for a graduate with just NYSC experience while two pages is ok for someone with experience !!

Expert says content of a CV at a particular point in time must be addressing the job description you are applying for thus you can have different CVs for different roles !!

1 Like

Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by legendsilver(m): 10:22am On Nov 12, 2014
donroxy:
Expert says a page is ideal for a graduate with just NYSC experience while two pages is ok for someone with experience !!

Expert says content of a CV at a particular point in time must be addressing the job description you are applying for thus you can have different CVs for different roles !!
in benin lingua, uwe'se
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by drey22(m): 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
legendsilver:
in benin lingua, uwe'se
pls sir,ir whatsapp or bbm sir,,i'll appreciate
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by drey22(m): 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
legendsilver:
in benin lingua, uwe'se
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by legendsilver(m): 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
drey22:
pls sir,ir whatsapp or bbm sir,,i'll appreciate
2AB90A16 feel free to ask questions
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
legendsilver:
in benin lingua, uwe'se
though I don't know the meaning but my mind tell me say na prayer and I say A'se edumare !!
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by CVWizards(m): 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
A CV is not the story of your life. It’s a concise summary of one’s qualification, skills and experience. If it’s too long, then it doesn’t qualify for a CV. A 1 page CV is okay for a fresh graduate. For candidates with several years of experience, 2 or 3 pages. Cheers!
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by legendsilver(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
donroxy:
though I don't know the meaning but my mind tell me say na prayer and I say A'se edumare !!
its a way of saying "u do well"
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by drey22(m): 8:34am On Nov 13, 2014
legendsilver:
2AB90A16 feel free to ask questions
my bbm has been misbehaving sir dont know if whatsapp is okay by you pls
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by legendsilver(m): 2:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
drey22:
my bbm has been misbehaving sir dont know if whatsapp is okay by you pls
Send ur whatsapp number
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
CVWizards:
A CV is not the story of your life. It’s a concise summary of one’s qualification, skills and experience. If it’s too long, then it doesn’t qualify for a CV. A 1 page CV is okay for a fresh graduate. For candidates with several years of experience, 2 or 3 pages. Cheers!
Have you been to an interview with a one page CV as a recent graduate. Made that mistake at my first interview and the first question was "is this all you can say about you?"....I started selling my self with skills and other competencies to be on the safe side. The next sentence was "you sound smart, but you didn't act smart with this your Resume".
Lesson, a CV is you relating to the job on paper. For me a well structured, spaced and organized 2 page CV is ok for a recent graduate.
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by manny4u(m): 12:05am On Nov 14, 2014
Does two page CV necessarily have to carry referees?
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by drey22(m): 10:06am On Nov 14, 2014
legendsilver:

Send ur whatsapp number
Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by Acegoals: 10:34am On Nov 20, 2014
PrinceofParis:

Have you been to an interview with a one page CV as a recent graduate. Made that mistake at my first interview and the first question was "is this all you can say about you?"....I started selling my self with skills and other competencies to be on the safe side. The next sentence was "you sound smart, but you didn't act smart with this your Resume".
Lesson, a CV is you relating to the job on paper. For me a well structured, spaced and organized 2 page CV is ok for a recent graduate.

I agree with you. In fact you are right. Do not make the mistake of going for an interview with a one page CV. Is that all you've got? No informal or even formal experience at all? No leadership roles taken during all your (at least) four years in the university or even in school fellowship? No active roles or work experience during NYSC? No internship in school or training at all? No professional, informal, or whatsoever certification? You did not belong to any group in school, lets say Rotary Club and you did not undertake any role? PLEASE THINK AGAIN!!!

As a fresh graduate do not take a one page CV to an interview please. But it is ideal that your Education comes before on your CV before your other Internship or informal or work experiences because for a graduate trainee position which no experience is required though, what I want to know first is if you are truly a fresh graduate (year of graduation) and you have the course and 2:1 or 1st class required for the job before I move to your leadership experiences which will be a plus to you and will whip up my interest in you. Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please O! What Is The Needed Length Of A CV? by legendsilver(m): 6:45am On Nov 21, 2014
Acegoals:

I agree with you. In fact you are right. Do not make the mistake of going for an interview with a one page CV. Is that all you've got? No informal or even formal experience at all? No leadership roles taken during all your (at least) four years in the university or even in school fellowship? No active roles or work experience during NYSC? No internship in school or training at all? No professional, informal, or whatsoever certification? You did not belong to any group in school, lets say Rotary Club and you did not undertake any role? PLEASE THINK AGAIN!!!

As a fresh graduate do not take a one page CV to an interview please. But it is ideal that your Education comes before on your CV before your other Internship or informal or work experiences because for a graduate trainee position which no experience is required though, what I want to know first is if you are truly a fresh graduate (year of graduation) and you have the course and 2:1 or 1st class required for the job before I move to your leadership experiences which will be a plus to you and will whip up my interest in you. Good luck.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Google Internship 2015 For Students And Fresh Graduate! / Vacancies At Garki Hospital Abuja - GHA / Vacancy - Graduate HR Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.