Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

The Concept Of Youth Marketing: The Untapped Goldmine - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Concept Of Youth Marketing: The Untapped Goldmine (838 Views)

Malta Guinness Stuns Lagos With Amazing New Concept (Photos) / Cassava Farming:An Untapped Goldmine For Unemployed Graduate. / Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Concept Of Youth Marketing: The Untapped Goldmine by mrsage(m): 2:34am On Nov 12, 2014
Youth marketing is a term used in the chicken marketing and advertising industry to describe activities to communicate with young people, typically in the age range of 13 to 35. More specifically, there is the teen marketing, targeting people age 13 to 19, college marketing, targeting college-age consumers, typically ages 18 to 24, young adult marketing, targeting young professionals, typically ages 21 and 35

The youth market is critical because of the demographic's buying power and its members' influence on the spending of family members. In addition, teens and young adults often set trends that are adopted by other demographic groups.

Source: Wikipedia

Now let us get down to the Nigeria experience. Anytime I remember this concept. The bank with the orange logo always comes to my mind. Do you remember that at a point it suddenly became trendy to have an account in that bank?
I remember the year 2006 I walked into a branch in Surulere to open an account.
Why?
I felt the bank was good enough, financially stable but to be honest ; the bank was just ideal for me at that time. They made it possible to open an account with about 5k and I could withdraw all anytime. No minimum balance. They had good customer service. Excellent customer experience and good looking buildings. I had to join the trend especially then I was in the university( it is interesting to note that I still maintain that account till date).

I am here to reveal the concept of youth marketing. The importance and how to take advantage of it to take your business to the next level.
We will learn creative marketing strategies.
How to think out of the box
How to reach the youthful population
How to produce innovative products and services
How to make them buy your product or service etc

Case studies: Apple and the bank with the orange logo.

Fasten your seat belts and prepare to learn all about youth marketing for business in Nigeria.

Note: This will be interactive so feel free to drop your comments and ideas too
Re: The Concept Of Youth Marketing: The Untapped Goldmine by mrsage(m): 9:23am On Nov 12, 2014
More tips coming...
Re: The Concept Of Youth Marketing: The Untapped Goldmine by bhidex007: 9:44am On Nov 12, 2014
Spreads mat on thread

(1) (Reply)

Forex/binary/stock Traders How Profitable Have U Been So Far? / Pro Cuddler Gets 10,000 Inquiries In First Week Of Business / CBN Crush Speculators As Nigeria Curbs Bets Against Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.