Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect (2713 Views)

Omg! Student Kills Classmate With One Hot Slap During A Fight / Gaskiya College Student Stabs Senior To Death For Punishing Him / Kenyan Student Kills, Eats Housemate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by toludadon(m): 4:32am On Nov 12, 2014
Confusionbest described the moodat Modebe Secondary School, Onitsha, on Tuesday when the Senior Prefect, Chukwuebuka Okanume, was killed by a fellow student over alleged act of indiscipline.Daily Independentgathered that trouble started when the Senior Prefect queried his assailant (names withheld) a junior student in SS1, for flying his shirt while in the school.The junior student allegedly told him that he was no longer in the school and that he came for his transfer certificate to Asaba, Delta State.However, the Senior Prefect was said to have doubted the junior student and a heated argument ensued resulting in the Senior Prefect slapping the junior who retaliated with a blow that hit the late Senior Prefect and knocked him out.Probably the ring worn by the junior student believed to be a potent with a charm made the boxing escapade with the Senior Prefect a death sentence and he slumped instantly.Late Okanume was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was confirmed dead by the medical team.Daily Independent gathered that the family of Okanume of Uke, Idemili North Local Government Area, Anambra State, described theincident as unfortunate wondering why their son who could not harm afly was to die this way.The principal of the school, Mr. Ralph Machie, laden with emotions confirmed the incident but declinedfurther comments.The Chairman of the Post Primary School Services Commission Board (PPSSCB), Mrs Joy Ulasi, was panic stricken and confused over the incident that she cancelled off all engagements and also refused to answer phone calls.When contacted, Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Uche Eze, said that investigation was on going to unravel the mystery behind the death.Although the suspect was arrested by the police, students in and around Onitsha confirmed some cult members use the charms, codenamed “Etiada” — knock and fall, to defend themselves when attacked.Unconfirmed reports had it as well that the mother of the deceased pleaded with the junior student to revive her son but the boy was adamant.About 10 months ago , a teacher at St John of God Awka had in a process of disciplining a student allegedly ‘’killed’’ the student as he collapsed after a little reprimand for not carrying out an assignment.The innocent but prayerful teacher did all within her powers to deliver the chap from dying but all her efforts were proved abortive as thestudent died.Following that incident, the Anambra state government bannedcorporal punishment in any disguise and since them most students started misbehaving to theextreme , as we observed

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/11/pandemonium-student-kills-senior-prefect-onitsha/
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by DesChyko: 5:28am On Nov 12, 2014
R.I.P to the dead boy.
That's why parents must strive to make sure that their children are not violence-oriented. That would make sure that even when they are in the right, resorting to fights would be a rare occurence.
One never knows how the devil may choose to manifest himself.
If he had reported the issue, instead of taking laws into his hands, he may still be alive today.
But pride, instigated by the power he wields, and maybe his superior size has resulted to grief in the society.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by chymystique(f): 5:35am On Nov 12, 2014
RIP to the dead dude and I pray God gives the family the grace and strenght to bear their loss Amen....... This is so pathetic and saddening.. Some children are evil! angry...
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by alienvirus: 5:39am On Nov 12, 2014
Can that juju work on Shekau? Our soldiers should go to Onitsha and get theirs.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 12, 2014
Somepeople are walking corpses, mistakenly touch them and you will carry home their cases.

Moral Lesson: do not fight even if it's an e-fight coz you don't know the health status of your fellow 'fightee'

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by lonelydora: 5:47am On Nov 12, 2014
alienvirus:
Exactly my thought. Etiada, na wa for thus kind name
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 12, 2014
[b][/b] shocked jeeez ss1 student already using such, when e enters d uni nko lipsrsealed
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Toosure70: 5:57am On Nov 12, 2014
Chai, Igbo people and juju.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by LordMecuzy(m): 6:02am On Nov 12, 2014
Slapping a fellow student?

Why not report to a Teacher!!!
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by stinggy(m): 6:05am On Nov 12, 2014
Sad news sad
RIP Senior Prefect.

Two things: SP shiuldn't have slapped tge junior student for any reason.
But then, that junior student is a potential 'terrorist'. He should be taken away so as not to corrupt his peers more.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by tutaboi(m): 6:05am On Nov 12, 2014
I don't beliv it dat an ss1 student will be involved in juju and come be "etia ada",

One happened in ibadan last month btw a passenger and a taxi driver over #10 balance.
The driver refused to give his passenger his #10 balance claimed that his money was #50 and the passenger insisted that his money was #40 dt he must collect his #10 balance. So..they started exchanging words vehemently and the driver tired the passenger's shirt asked "do u knw me"? And the guy was provoked finally and gave the taxi driver only one blow and he collapsed and died instantly. There many reason that can cause prefects death not eti ada alone.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Tallesty1(m): 6:27am On Nov 12, 2014
himkers:
Some people are working corpses, mistakenly touch them and you will carry home their cases.

Moral Lesson: do not fight even if it's an e-fight coz you don't know the health status of your fellow 'fightee'
Exactly@Emboldened.

I don't believe he was killed by a juju-ring or whatever.
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Descartes: 6:28am On Nov 12, 2014
So sad. embarassed

RIP dead cry cry
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Lordave: 6:37am On Nov 12, 2014
Toosure70:
Chai, Igbo people and juju.
Pick up your brain, you ain't supposed to be sitting on it. angry

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 12, 2014
Those saying SS1 student can't carry juju or the boy wasn't killed by charm, sign your eye, secondary school students are now as devilish or even more devilish than there higher institution brothers/sisters, don't dull yourself, fear them, I don talk ma own now o.
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 12, 2014
May he RIP. But, why slap the boy? The flog wey teachers dey flog never do na SP own go change am sad undecided
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Adeoba10(m): 6:50am On Nov 12, 2014
I dont knw d prob of dis useless student, dey av nothing upstair n always doing big boys all around dah school.... sametyn hia in abia wia am serving, dos junior student always lay ambush for dia seniors after closing hour, since den, am always laughing with dem in class... You cant correct dem not to talk of punishing dem..... R. I. P
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by cheruv: 6:56am On Nov 12, 2014
lonelydora:

Exactly my thought. Etiada, na wa for thus kind name
eti-a-da
hit/beat and fall or that you'd fall when hit

1 Like

Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 12, 2014
Rip to the dead boy
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Chigold101(m): 7:03am On Nov 12, 2014
Some secondary school students are already in cults all thanks tosome evil youth copers whose primary assignment is to introduce and initiate young secondary schoo students. Even lesbien clubs are springing up like wild fire today in our secondary schools. Another evil club or cult that is tking over our secondary school today is sexting & self service club.
I pity my children‘s generation... God help us

1 Like

Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by alezzandra: 7:08am On Nov 12, 2014
Goodness me, what nonsense.
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2014
Mehn dis is serious, may his soul rest on
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Scout60(m): 9:00am On Nov 12, 2014
Chaii op

The boy u said is dead is receiving treatment @ d hospital.
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 12, 2014
alienvirus:
seconded
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Jsplash(m): 9:31am On Nov 12, 2014
Ehyah this is too bad
RIP S.P
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Jsplash(m): 9:34am On Nov 12, 2014
himkers:
Somepeople are working corpses, mistakenly touch them and you will carry home their cases.

Yea lol
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Youngsage: 10:08am On Nov 12, 2014
shocked
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2014
This is why i just look for trouble and run away. I no sabi fight. But juju? I don't think thats true.
Re: Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect by FrankOguns(m): 11:28am On Nov 12, 2014
Lol! Etiada is real o, I remember years back when a guy used it in my presence somewhere in Delta during an argument with another guy, he punched the guy with it and he fell immediately struggling on the ground, and the guy that used the ring kicked him at the back with his leg,and he stood up immediately. There is always a way to revive the victim,maybe the student wanted his victim to be seen by a lot of other students as a disgrace or show of power over his senior, and it became too late to revive him. I don't think he would intentionally wanted him to die. But there is no excuse for killing a fellow student in such way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ph0t0: How Nigeria’s Most Notorious Robber, Anini Was Executed In 1987 / PHOTO: Little Girl Brutally Raped To Death In Taraba / Baba Ijesha: Why Did Princess Wait For 30 Mins Before Stopping Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.