Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,366 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

MTN Nigeria Illegal Advertising - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / MTN Nigeria Illegal Advertising (635 Views)

We Pay N300 To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrant / NIS Repatriates 7, 000 Illegal Immigrants / Inside Story - Nigeria's Illegal Miners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Illegal Advertising by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 12, 2014
Have you guys noticed for the last couple of months MTN have forced all their subscribers to have their hello Africa caller tune? this is free advertising you are not getting paid for, and MTN do not have a right to use your line as such. I have personally called them several times to remove it as its unprofessional for my line to ring as such yet, they seem to not want to.

Why doesn't NCC regulate such practices in this country? How can a mobile operator change my caller tune without my consent? this is ludicrous.

angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Illegal Advertising by thinkdip(m): 8:05am On Nov 12, 2014
Empty Hen, always doing what pleases them and ignoring customers cry...they lack good customer services in some area and this is one
Re: MTN Nigeria Illegal Advertising by KELVINXY: 8:35am On Nov 12, 2014
I must say MTN is the most annoying network in this country.
And as for NCC their incompetence is sky high.!
they should sit up and do their duties.

Imagine receiving a text at about 1am last week. undecided
And I woke up & Behold
MTNN: Enjoy the surprise MTN akanchawa bla bla bla.
Geez
Re: MTN Nigeria Illegal Advertising by zizazizu: 10:14am On Nov 12, 2014
Had the same ish. Called them, they gave me this code:

Text CANCEL to 4100

I did and it wiped my line clean of their song.

I was so happy!

(1) (Reply)

Jihadist Attacks In Nigeria Others Killed 5,000 In Just A Month / "The Haram In The Boko" (the Story Of Terror And The Nigerian Army) / PHOTO Guess She Forgot Something As We Approach A New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.