Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,743 members, 7,955,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:34 PM

Mama(the Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mama(the Story) (1040 Views)

Best Love Stories Ever To Be Told.[1st Edition]. Please Keep Following The Story / Temptation ; The Story Of Love / Jonny Kennedy:the Story Of The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mama(the Story) by parrotibaba(m): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2014
NB: The events of this story is fiction however names r r real...

Chapter one:

It was 6am in d morning n me n Sophie just got up to prepare for d day ahead, I was to go to Aba to sort out some paperwork whilst she was preparing for work,she is a lawyer.
"babe how was ur night ?" I asked
"it was great n urs?"
"good" I said quietly. This has become d early morning ritual for both of us .
"I will be coming home late today" she said moving towards d shower. Sophie is my soul mate,we had been friends since we were kids,we used to play together n I remember calling her my wife one time n my mum(may her soul rest in peace) laughed so loudly dat I thought she inhaled "laughing gas". Anyways we went to the same secondary school even though we were not in d same class(I was 4 years her senior) n after she finished school n I was working, we decided to tie d knot.Sophie isn't d prettiest of women but she is perfectly endowed ,like mercy Johnson "perfectly endowed" ,I remember telling her dat her endowment could win a case in court in her favour.
"how's Mama?" I asked with a hint of fear in my voice. Mama is d name we call Sophie's mum,everybody,u dare not call her mum or by her real name. I remember being in a heated argument with her last week at d burial of Sophie's uncle n Chris ,her oldest son wanted to break my head with a bottle of whiskey, I was lucky dat day.
"she's fine" Sophie said still in d bathroom
"and Chris?"
"also fine" she said now out of d bathroom.
"do u want to talk about it? I asked quietly
"no ,do u want to? she replied. I could sense a hint of disappointment in her tone,she was livid dat day n she won't talk about d incident since.
"Babe he tried to break my head with a bottle, I could be in a hospital or a mortuary now,so yes I want to talk about it..."
"Hon please not now,after work" she said whilst moving away from d room.
"let me go mk breakfas...."she was interrupted by d ringing of her phone. She moved towards d table n picked up her phone.
"hello Chris"
my heart skipped a beat..to be continued
Re: Mama(the Story) by Seanixking: 9:38am On Nov 12, 2014
Intresting....FTC
onemansquad abeg bwing my favourite drink with killishi
#waitin for more update
Re: Mama(the Story) by parrotibaba(m): 11:46am On Nov 12, 2014
continuation:

"what do u want Chris?" Sophie asked whilst sitting down on d edge of d bed.I was lost in thoughts ,"what could dat he-devil want now? is Mama trying to instill fear in me,? No, hell no! maybe he wants to check on his sister, after all he had d right to..." dis thoughts welled in my mind n I was lost in it dat I didn't even know when d call ended
"Hon it's...
"what did he want ?" I stopped her abruptly.Anger n fear roared in my stomach,I hv felt like dis before I thought, dat was d day I was scammed of my hard earned N100,000.
"he said he's coming over to speak with u" she finished.
"what? why? do we owe him? did Mama send him or dis he leave his wife at our place?" I was speaking in tongues, literarily, my hands were shaking, dis is d guy dat nearly broke my head just last week n now he wants to have a face to face? talk about d devil kicking ur behind n visiting for a cup of coffee, I was red faced!
"Mike calm down,d least he can do is talk,if he as much as raise his voice on u,I will lock him up" she finished with authority. Sophie was one hell of a woman,not d bold type, she can be shy at times but she knows her onions very well n when she draws a line about something, she means it.
"just go shower n come down for breakfast" She said ,moving downstairs
"do u want ur eggs fried or boiled?"
"fried please" I replied as I entered d bathroom.

20 minutes later,there was a knock on d door,more like someone banging at d door.I knew Chris was here.
"will sm1 open dis door or do I kick it down? Mike! Sophie!! where r dis ppl?" A loud voice bellowed.As d eldest of d family Chris was just a little like me,I mean d demeanor, we love to show others dat we were always in control of things even when smtims we're aren't(there u go ,I said it out loud!) ,but d problem with Chris n d other rascals ,Ikenna n Matthew with d exception of Sophie,is dat they behave like Mama's robots, de do her bidding without questioning.
"do dat n u r buying a new house for us" Sophie barked back. I could tell she was not in a good mood today,it was 7:20am.
"hello sis,hello Mike, may I sit? " as he walked towards d couch . I came into d parlor n sat down opposite him.
"what do u want Chris? I said as Sophie took her sit
"u know Mama is still angry about what u did last week, as a matter of fact she might be cursing n swearing on ur name as we speak" he relaxed confidently on d couch.
"so?" I bravely said.Chris was tensed all of a sudden, he sat upright ,I looked him straight in d eyes,even Sophie was a little bit suprised as she chuckled,I was d boss n dis is my house!!!
"so? is dat all u hv to say?" his tone was raised
"what do u want me to say? " I maintained my confidence
"yeah Chris what do u want him to say?" Sophie chirped in amidst laughter
"you think dis is funny soph ? after everything dat hap..." he stopped abruptly.His countenance had changed, poor bastard! I said in my mind,u expected me to be afraid eh? well dis is not d village, dis is d city n u r in my house!!!
"well Mama has a message for u Mike"
"and what is it?"
"she wants u to divorce Sophie"
I melted with rage...

1 Like

Re: Mama(the Story) by almacherish(f): 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
Oops
Re: Mama(the Story) by Fatalveli(m): 9:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ohh my....
Re: Mama(the Story) by parrotibaba(m): 7:19am On Nov 13, 2014
update coming soon
Re: Mama(the Story) by parrotibaba(m): 5:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
Chapter two:

Forgive me for showing u my family drama without u really knowing me.My name is Michael Emeka Obialor Jr ,son of Dr.Michael Emeka Obialor Snr n Mrs Mary amara obialor ,I hail from d eastern part of Nigeria, IMO state to be precise, I was d only child of my parents who died of a ghastly motor accident when I was sixteen, stayed with my grandma until I began working, she passed away last 2 yrs n my wife u met,Sophie amaka amakohia who hails from port Harcourt. We live in a duplex(which I built after a fortunate year) in d city of Port Harcourt, I used to work at NNPC b4 I quit to be an entrepreneur, I guess what I was paid dia sucked so I had to move on n unleash d kraken in me,started two supermarkets n presently own a construction company.Enough of me, back to my story!!

"what? is she mad? Sophie belted out.I was as hard as a rock,part of me(d anger part) wanted to kill Chris right away),who is d woman dat claims authority over my marriage? last year it was about kids now divorce? I thought.
"I can see u hv lost ur juju eh Mike?" Chris said now being relaxed. I could tell he was enjoying himself, n Sophie,oh dear Sophie...

"You know what Chris ,get out!!! ,tell Mama or whatever she loves being called dat she can kiss d wall!!! Sophie made for d stairs
"babe!!!!"
"Mike I need to prepare for work,u can show Chris d way out"
"Chris get out of my house!!!" I yelled
"hey don't bother,I just came to deliver d goods" he said as he stood up n made for d door

"tell soph dat Mama wants to see her" he finished as he slammed d door behind him...soon I heard d sound of his car as he zoomed off,my phone rang,it was Jamie..
Re: Mama(the Story) by parrotibaba(m): 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
continuation;

"What's wrong laddie?" it was Jamie with his Irish accent. We were mates at secondary school b4 he jumped d gun n went to Ireland to do college dia n now he's back n works at NNPC as a petroleum engineer.He said he hated Ireland because of its weather n he wasn't free enough there.

"Baba seriously trouble dey ooh" I replied in pidgin
"Talk to me"
"Its Mama man,she wants me to divorce Sophie"
"What? tell me dats a bad bad joke,why?"
"Because of last week,I don't get dis woman at all,why can't we hv peace in dis house?" I stood up n angrily kicked my shoe away.

"Daamnnn!!!!" I screamed like dos American men when de r so angry about something, I actually did dat to show Jamie dat he's not d only one with a "foreign" swag.
"chill man,chill"
"hon is everything OK down there?" Sophie's voice pierced through our room upstairs
"I'm okay"
"Mike sit ur a$$ down let's talk about dis"
"I'm not going to let dis woman tear my family apart,even if it means killing her..."
"Shut up,like u can even try"
"Jamie u know what I mean"

Soon Sophie was downstairs all dressed up n ready for work,she checks d gas cooker to see if she forgot to put it off,she does dat everyday.l looked at Jamie, he has always admired my wife n it nearly tore our friendship apart one day,I remember punching him in. d face when he tapped my woman's behind at a friend's party,I stood up n moved towards Sophie.

"babe travel safely, u know d d roads are dangerous" she said as she put her arms around my neck while I slid my hands all over her waist den her behind (don't judge me! she's my wife!!)
"and we would discuss about what happened when I gt back from work...hello Jamie" she made for d door
"I'm good" Jamie said out loud
"Jamie do u take it soft or alcoholic?" I said,moving towards d fridge.
"no man don't bother,was just passing by,I need to visit my aunt ,she's sick"
"so then I guess I will see u at okey's bachelor's party?"
"I will see u at okey's bachelor's party" he smiled as he walked towards d door. A minute later,he zoomed off. My phone rang again,it was MAMA...
Re: Mama(the Story) by parrotibaba(m): 6:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
drop ur comments

(1) (Reply)

HELP: Where can I Find NL Threads For Books Discussion/reviews / Penastory: The Chronicles Of A Government Hooker – Episode 2 (18+) / Benin-kings And Succession,(exempt From My New Book, Encouraging Reviews Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.