Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo (1274 Views)

Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? / Keshi To Oliseh: You Were Nobody When You Started / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo by apogeez(m): 10:20am On Nov 12, 2014
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi is set to adopt a more practical ‘African’ style in order to beat Congo in this weekend’s crucial 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Pointe Noire.
The Super Eagles need to win by at least two goals in order to keep alive hopes of defending their title at next year’s Afcon, before their final game against South Africa in Uyo.
Keshi has urged his foreign-based players to drop their fancy European guile and play the hard African way to be able to outwit their opponents in order to avenge September’s 3-2 defeat in Calabar.
Keshi said that it is the only way the Super Eagles can beat the Red Devils on their ground.
“I have told my players to play the African way when we meet Congo Brazzaville on Saturday. We need to play hard to get the result we crave for and we should drop the European style or method and play the African way,” Keshi disclosed.

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo by apogeez(m): 10:21am On Nov 12, 2014
The trainer also expressed confidence in the ability of his players to weather the storm in Congo while declaring that the spirit was high in the camp which points to victory for the Nigerian team.
“My players have really stepped up the gear and the spirit in camp is very high. The boys have been showing the hunger and urge to get victory against Congo and by the grace of God we will get victory. Nigerians should also rally round this team and support the team with prayers and we will come back with victory,” Keshi stated.
Congo lost 2-0 to South Africa in their last game at home and would be keen to stop the Eagles from conquering them as well.
South Africa lead Group A with eight points followed by Congo and Nigeria with seven and four points respectively. Sudan are rooted bottom with three points out of four matches.
Re: Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo by vickylinco(m): 10:37am On Nov 12, 2014
na everytime we dey hear that story joor
Re: Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 12, 2014
Pls,help me ask Keshi,is it with the butter and bread,tea or coffee players that he has invited to camp that he wants to play the pragmatic style of football..
Or is he talking about Mikel who just finished partying with his Russian girlfriend so hard few hours ago that he wants to use to play practical football??...
Keshi was dumb not to include Victor Moses in his squad even if he was injured..smh..he has that magic wand to turn things around for the eagles..
Nigerians blame GEJ if we fail to qualify..in as much as i am a Nigerian,my head keeps telling me we will win,but my inner mind tells me the opposite...
I am a patroitic Nigerian not an antagonist..
Lets just kiss Afcon 2015 goodbye..
We will bounce back better in 2yrs time..
United we stand,Divided we fall..

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo by Goke7: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2014
Daninya1:
Pls,help me ask Keshi,is it with the butter and bread,tea or coffee players that he has invited to camp that he wants to play the pragmatic style of football..
Or is he talking about Mikel who just finished partying with his Russian girlfriend so hard few hours ago that he wants to use to play practical football??...
Keshi was dumb not to include Victor Moses in his squad even if he was injured..smh..he has that magic wand to turn things around for the eagles..
Nigerians blame GEJ if we fail to qualify..in as much as i am a Nigerian,my head keeps telling me we will win,but my inner mind tells me the opposite...

@the bolded, Please stop all these, in the last game moses played for the eagles against france, he was very poor, moses had a bad world cup and keshi has said that the guy is just returning from injury and he does not want to risk him on an artificial pitch, moses himself has confirmed keshi's reason so why are abusing keshi now? when are we going to stop casting aspersions on keshi for christ's sake? is he dumb for not risking moses career? if moses is invited and does not perform well or gets injured, will you pay his hospital bills, will you not blame keshi for inviting moses?

football is not a do or die affair, there are many other sports to talk about, keshi was sacked and asked to come back if not he won't be the coach now so why having panadol for another man's headache.

4 Likes

Re: Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
Goke7:

@the bolded, Please stop all these, in the last game moses played for the eagles against france, he was very poor, moses had a bad world cup and keshi has said that the guy is just returning from injury and he does not want to risk him on an artificial pitch, moses himself has confirmed keshi's reason so why are abusing keshi now? when are we going to stop casting aspersions on keshi for christ's sake? is he dumb for not risking moses career? if moses is invited and does not perform well or gets injured, will you pay his hospital bills, will you not blame keshi for inviting moses?

football is not a do or die affair, there are many other sports to talk about, keshi was sacked and asked to come back if not he won't be the coach now so why having panadol for another man's headache.

sir,amongst d players invited,judging from present form,victor moses is the hottest..d lad also spoke out that he wished he was in the team..
Bringing back keshi is a bane for us at dix tym..
Am i not entitled to my opinion again??..i have also loved Nigerians football...deep down,i want us to qualify..keshi should stop being sentimental with players selection..
Nxt tym pls dont misquote my opinions..i mean no ill..
Coaching a national team is multidimensional,there are lots of factors you look out before inviting players..bsd,y was samri nasri dropped from france squad??was it not attitude problem?
I only comment on my interest and i am not destructive in critism..
Shalom
Re: Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo by Goke7: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
Daninya1:

sir,amongst d players invited,judging from present form,victor moses is the hottest..d lad also spoke out that he wished he was in the team..
Bringing back keshi is a bane for us at dix tym..
Am i not entitled to my opinion again??..i have also loved Nigerians football...deep down,i want us to qualify..keshi should stop being sentimental with players selection..
Nxt tym pls dont misquote my opinions..i mean no ill..
Coaching a national team is multidimensional,there are lots of factors you look out before inviting players..bsd,y was samri nasri dropped from france squad??was it not attitude problem?
I only comment on my interest and i am not destructive in critism..
Shalom

the earler u guys realise that we no longer have quality players like before whether home or abroad, the better for all of us, hot or not, there's no magic moses can perform for us against Congo, shebi uche is now in the squad, we'll see the magic he will perform in the game. Some of us are just too sentimental, the problem with our national team is not the coach, we have a dearth of quality players in this generation of eagles, they are not just good enough talk less of being world class. Let's stop deceiving ourselves, the players are not just there if not we'll see them in great clubs abroad, mba our so called hero is in France 3rd divison league. Our players are not consistent enough including moses, if they are in form now, tomorrow they go off form and we all turn round blame the coach. Do you know that Senegal is gradually having a very good collection of players playing regularly in the epl? How many do Nigeria have?

of course you are entitled to your opinion but please don't call the coach dumb, if people call u dumb, how will you feel?

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2014
Goke7:

the earler u guys realise that we no longer have quality players like before whether home or abroad, the better for all of us, hot or not, there's no magic moses can perform for us against Congo, shebi uche is now in the squad, we'll see the magic he will perform in the game. Some of us are just too sentimental, the problem with our national team is not the coach, we have a dearth of quality players in this generation of eagles, they are not just good enough talk less of being world class. Let's stop deceiving ourselves, the players are not just there if not we'll see them in great clubs abroad, mba our so called hero is in France 3rd divison league. Our players are not consistent enough including moses, if they are in form now, tomorrow they go off form and we all turn round blame the coach. Do you know that Senegal is gradually having a very good collection of players playing regularly in the epl? How many do Nigeria have?

of course you are entitled to your opinion but please don't call the coach dumb, if people call u dumb, how will you feel?
we have quality players that can take the world by surprise..i disagree that we have a dearth of quality players..no no no..
Keshi is just being sentimental in his squad selection..just bcux iheanancho refused playing Chan he is too young to play for the eagles..dnt 4gt iheanancho,had a guy who was benching him in the name Bernard bulbwa..so we have quality players...keshi lack tactical depth..
You need players who can produce their magic wands when the chips are down to give you results..you saw what moses did against ethopia,mba against cote dvoire and burkina faso..
I rest my case on this matter..bsd the word daft here means going out of ideas..
If i say,are u stupid?does it mean one is stupid..
Re: Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo by ENZOSCIFO1: 9:59am On Nov 13, 2014
Daninya1:
Daninya1:

we have quality players that can take the world by surprise..i disagree that we have a dearth of quality players..no no no..
Keshi is just being sentimental in his squad selection..just bcux iheanancho refused playing Chan he is too young to play for the eagles..dnt 4gt iheanancho,had a guy who was benching him in the name Bernard bulbwa..so we have quality players...keshi lack tactical depth..
You need players who can produce their magic wands when the chips are down to give you results..you saw what moses did against ethopia,mba against cote dvoire and burkina faso..
I rest my case on this matter..bsd the word daft here means going out of ideas..

In your earlier post you had said Keshi was dumb for not inviting Moses that even if he was injured'.

Like seriously how does that sound to you? Invite a player to camp even with injury Now that's a classic case of DUMB

To your second post .....you clearly showed 2 things
(1) A not too grounded knowledge of the game of football .
(2) A complete dis- like for Keshi.

Let me teach you...... Iheanacho is not ripe or ready for Super Eagles yet, mainly because till this very moment he has not and has never played a professional competitive football game and will not even play till about March next year. And if you are trying to point to those off season friendly matches he played for Man City then you really have a lot to learn. Check out Man Utd off season match results and season results then you know theres a huge difference. Now how you want such a young man to be thrown into the middle of AFCON qualifiers that's is highly competitive bother's me

And incase you don't know, men like you encouraged Onigbinde to cap Opabunmi 12 years ago in the senior national team at the world cup and that was the end of his national team career. Don't destroy Iheanacho with your silly opinion a beg.The boy will come good.

Lastly, for you to argue about our dearth of qualities players says it all about how long you have been following eagles.
John Obi Mikel is arguably our highest profiled in-field player in Europe at the moment...... And you know what most thinks of him.....he sulks .....and that is our highest profiled player....... Do you still more evidence of lack of quality?
Re: Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo by Goke7: 10:28am On Nov 13, 2014
Daninya1:

@the bolded, it is the ignorant sports journalists/analysts and ex footballers am sure that has been feeding you with those lies that we have players that are world class, let me inform you that those who fed you with those lies wanted keshi out by all means, they were the ones who misled amaju pinick to take a silly decision, its all about beef for keshi my brother.

seriously you know what, I want us not to qualify for afcon, why? because I want keshi to be replaced by another coach to prove that coaching is not our problem but the lack of quality players who can do the business, whether Iheanacho, martins or whoever will come into our squad, we will always have an average performance by the eagles or have you forgotten where keshi picked us from? the last time moses played well for us was at the last afcon, after that moses have been poor for the national team, he only entertains us with ball joggling skills in calabar or have u forgotten moses' performance in addis ababa against ethiopia? Liverpool lacked enough quality players but still moses could not break into their first eleven, we nigerians are overrating moses.

we don't have the magic wand players you are talking about, don't be deceived and stop blaming keshi for our players' inconsistency. Mba, moses, musa, igiebor, azeez, our back four and all our strikers including emenike are not consistent enough to have a National team to put up
top regular performances that all Nigerians desire, its a generational thing, let's hope the next generation of eagles will have more talented players, okay?
Re: Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo by Goke7: 10:31am On Nov 13, 2014
ENZOSCIFO1:

In your earlier post you had said Keshi was dumb for not inviting Moses that even if he was injured'.

Like seriously how does that sound to you? Invite a player to camp even with injury Now that's a classic case of DUMB

To your second post .....you clearly showed 2 things
(1) A not too grounded knowledge of the game of football .
(2) A complete dis- like for Keshi.

Let me teach you...... Iheanacho is not ripe or ready for Super Eagles yet, mainly because till this very moment he has not and has never played a professional competitive football game and will not even play till about March next year. And if you are trying to point to those off season friendly matches he played for Man City then you really have a lot to learn. Check out Man Utd off season match results and season results then you know theres a huge difference. Now how you want such a young man to be thrown into the middle of AFCON qualifiers that's is highly competitive bother's me

And incase you don't know, men like you encouraged Onigbinde to cap Opabunmi 12 years ago in the senior national team at the world cup and that was the end of his national team career. Don't destroy Iheanacho with your silly opinion a beg.The boy will come good.

Lastly, for you to argue about our dearth of qualities players says it all about how long you have been following eagles.
John Obi Mikel is arguably our highest profiled in-field player in Europe at the moment...... And you know what most thinks of him.....he sulks .....and that is our highest profiled player....... Do you still more evidence of lack of quality?

thanks for educating the dude, am sure he listens too much to those ignorant radio sports journalists who know nothing about football. Excellent post I must say
Re: Keshi To Play Practical ‘african Football’ Against Congo by khattab02: 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
We hope so! Goodluck coachee!

(1) (Reply)

Nairabet & Bet9ja: Did I Win? / Chelsea Vs Manchester United- Today (5:30) / Download Chelsea Vs Dynamo Kiev 2 - 1 All (willian) Goals & Full Match Highlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.