Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,362 members, 7,836,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

How Do You Start Your Design Project? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Do You Start Your Design Project? (1231 Views)

CONTACT PROFESSIONAL GRAPHIC ARTIST FOR YOUR DESIGN JOBS / Seasoned Graphic Designer? I Need Your Design For My Company / GIMPER - Show Your Design Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Start Your Design Project? by smartsoft(m): 11:03am On Nov 24, 2008
Yah, how do you start your first project huh ? a client called you for a pitch or he/she gave you a brief of what he/she wants from you, lets take a Logo / business Card design for a case study, i don't expect you as a designer to jump on the system and start designing your project,

And i don't know maybe you were taught in school not to do that, or with the years you've been in the industry do you think it should be that way

Well nobody is perfect regarding to this. i take myself for the case- study just one day i felt " gosssssssssh" i don't need any skech up to for this design jare-- let me start cooking, at the the end of the day i fell into a big ditch,

Just yesterday a client who i actually crafted a prototype biz card had to call me and told me he wanted a logo like this, after given him a logo carved before, now he was trying to tell me what he will like the logo to be later,

thereafter he showed me the logo he drew on paper and wanted something similar to that

Firstly when i saw it, i was like hummmmmmmmmmmm chieeeeeeeee this guy na big work ooooo and see the logo, it's more than what you think, it just like an Artistic job, whereby your artistic creativity is needed, hope you understood what am saying right now

Now as designer, advicing you if you have any project, firstly get a pen and paper and take a skech of what you want and firstly show the client if possible thereafter start using your computer,

if it is something you can scan, then scan it and give it some colours with your photoshop and when you are done, you will be amazed about your productivity,

And also if you think you can't draw any stuff, why not try opening Adobe Illustrator and try to draw some skeching or better still use any other design program you conversant with, bra voooooooo!

It's better to take a skectch for a design before you start your project, even the builders for your house did that too,

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Video Director (asap) / The Graphic Novel You Have Been Waiting For! / Learn Coel Draw In 3days!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.