Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

The Bible, Christians, And The Universality Of Shameless Hypocrisy. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible, Christians, And The Universality Of Shameless Hypocrisy. (1024 Views)

[VIDEO] Open Confessions Of Shameless Nigerian Gay Pastor Rowland Jide Macaulay / Universality Of God / Christians And Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible, Christians, And The Universality Of Shameless Hypocrisy. by Sabretooth1(m): 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
Greetings to you, my fellow humans, regardless of your religious orientation. I hope as many persons as possible get to read this.

Permit me to begin with this story...

There was a certain man named Abraham of the land of Ur. This man came to become the father of all who had faith (Heb 4:9-12). The reason? He was obedient to the extent of being willing to sacrifice his son (his wife Sarah's only son) because God said so...

I'd get back to this story, but after revealing the reason for this thread. Simply, it was after careful observation of the thread about the Jehovah's witness who died after refusing blood transfusion.
https://www.nairaland.com/1991342/jehovahs-witness-dies-after-rejecting
In a nutshell, I noticed three things (personal opinion):

1) People are finally realising the absurdity of religion (religion as a whole and not just christians and their Bible).

2) It's easy to streamline the way people read with a leading (misleading, if you like) topic. In the story, the lady died from a combination of ARDS, sepsis, an infection in the caesarean wound and “refusal of transfusion on religious grounds.” However, the topic mentioned refusal of blood transfusion only, and only a few persons noticed the other three causes.

3) In Christianity, you either are a fanatic or a hypocrite. There aren't many fanatics around.

Back to Abraham... Now Abraham actually had the intention of killing his own son, and the Bible praises him for it. How many of you have ever placed yourself in the shoes of Sarah or Isaac? Infact, Christians worship the God of Abraham who is "the same yesterday, today and forever," and who blessed Abraham for such willingness to murder his own son (For the Muslims, don't smile, I meant Ibrahim. If you still don't get it, Ramadan).

This is where it gets interesting...

Majority of those who claim to worship the God of Abraham turn around to mock Jehovah's Witnesses for their fanatical willingness to die in a desire to obey that God and their faith that he can bring them back to life (lol).

For me, such a desire is unfortunately misplaced, but not because the command to abstain from blood is not in the Bible, but because of the absurdity of relying on an archaic book, which even Christians denounced on that lovely thread.

It actually is in the Bible, many places in it, for example Deut 12:16 in the old testament, and Acts 15:20,28,29 in the New Testament binding on Christians (you Christians don't read your Bible, lol). Yes you can eat blood intravenously, just like drip is an intravenous replacement for quick food.

What's my point?

Simply put, those who try to truly follow the Bible make foolishly stubborn choices like that lady. Those who pretend to follow the Bible, bash them. Whoelse is amused?

PS: before you threaten me with hellfire, make up your mind which one you mean... The hell of Rev 20:13,14 or the Lake of fire into which it is thrown?

Have a great day/night chewing on that.
Re: The Bible, Christians, And The Universality Of Shameless Hypocrisy. by chison89: 12:02am On Nov 13, 2014
cheesy
Re: The Bible, Christians, And The Universality Of Shameless Hypocrisy. by Hiswordxray(m): 1:47am On Nov 13, 2014
Is that what you tell yourself so that you won't feel bad that you've made the wrong decision by rejecting God.
Re: The Bible, Christians, And The Universality Of Shameless Hypocrisy. by PastorAIO: 2:12am On Nov 13, 2014
I was expecting something about christians mocking muslims that send their children as suicide bombers. When I got to the end of the OP it felt kinda empty.

Plus, you didn't mention christians that don't take the bible to be the 'constitution' of christianity.
Re: The Bible, Christians, And The Universality Of Shameless Hypocrisy. by italo: 6:41am On Nov 13, 2014
All these children on nairaland sef...
Re: The Bible, Christians, And The Universality Of Shameless Hypocrisy. by NakedEve: 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
Sabretooth1:
Greetings to you, my fellow humans, regardless of your religious orientation. I hope as many persons as possible get to read this.

Permit me to begin with this story...

There was a certain man named Abraham of the land of Ur. This man came to become the father of all who had faith (Heb 4:9-12). The reason? He was obedient to the extent of being willing to sacrifice his son (his wife Sarah's only son) because God said so...

I'd get back to this story, but after revealing the reason for this thread. Simply, it was after careful observation of the thread about the Jehovah's witness who died after refusing blood transfusion.
https://www.nairaland.com/1991342/jehovahs-witness-dies-after-rejecting
In a nutshell, I noticed three things (personal opinion):

1) People are finally realising the absurdity of religion (religion as a whole and not just christians and their Bible).

2) It's easy to streamline the way people read with a leading (misleading, if you like) topic. In the story, the lady died from a combination of ARDS, sepsis, an infection in the caesarean wound and “refusal of transfusion on religious grounds.” However, the topic mentioned refusal of blood transfusion only, and only a few persons noticed the other three causes.

3) In Christianity, you either are a fanatic or a hypocrite. There aren't many fanatics around.

Back to Abraham... Now Abraham actually had the intention of killing his own son, and the Bible praises him for it. How many of you have ever placed yourself in the shoes of Sarah or Isaac? Infact, Christians worship the God of Abraham who is "the same yesterday, today and forever," and who blessed Abraham for such willingness to murder his own son (For the Muslims, don't smile, I meant Ibrahim. If you still don't get it, Ramadan).

This is where it gets interesting...

Majority of those who claim to worship the God of Abraham turn around to mock Jehovah's Witnesses for their fanatical willingness to die in a desire to obey that God and their faith that he can bring them back to life (lol).

For me, such a desire is unfortunately misplaced, but not because the command to abstain from blood is not in the Bible, but because of the absurdity of relying on an archaic book, which even Christians denounced on that lovely thread.

It actually is in the Bible, many places in it, for example Deut 12:16 in the old testament, and Acts 15:20,28,29 in the New Testament binding on Christians (you Christians don't read your Bible, lol). Yes you can eat blood intravenously, just like drip is an intravenous replacement for quick food.

What's my point?

Simply put, those who try to truly follow the Bible make foolishly stubborn choices like that lady. Those who pretend to follow the Bible, bash them. Whoelse is amused?

PS: before you threaten me with hellfire, make up your mind which one you mean... The hell of Rev 20:13,14 or the Lake of fire into which it is thrown?

Have a great day/night chewing on that.

Homo!
Child of sin., son of perdition!
Re: The Bible, Christians, And The Universality Of Shameless Hypocrisy. by Sabretooth1(m): 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
NakedEve:

Homo!
Child of sin., son of perdition!
I'm not homo. You can stop stalking my sexy soul now.

1 Like

Re: The Bible, Christians, And The Universality Of Shameless Hypocrisy. by NakedEve: 8:30am On Jan 03, 2016
Sabretooth1:
I'm not homo. You can stop stalking my sexy soul now.

And the homo has changed his pix.
Lying liar.
Just be proud of whom/what u r n don't give a Bleep.
He thinks I got to know thru his pix? lol.
Like I said the vibrations r still on.
Anytime I see ur name or comment on ur Post I just feel the vibrations.
You CNT hide.
I know you.
Re: The Bible, Christians, And The Universality Of Shameless Hypocrisy. by Sabretooth1(m): 7:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
NakedEve:

And the homo has changed his pix. Lying liar. Just be proud of whom/what u r n don't give a Bleep. He thinks I got to know thru his pix? lol. Like I said the vibrations r still on. Anytime I see ur name or comment on ur Post I just feel the vibrations. You CNT hide. I know you.
lmao. Believe whatever you wish bro. Adios.

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To Your Month Of “laughter And Rejoicing”. / Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People? / Before You Get That TATTOO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.