Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Position Of Jesus In Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Position Of Jesus In Islam (1323 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Position Of Jesus In Islam by oderinde11(m): 9:34am On Nov 13, 2014
I) Position of Jesus (pbuh) in Islam:
(i)Islam is the only non-Christian faith, which makes it
an article of faith to believe in Jesus (pbuh). No Muslim
is a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus (pbuh).
(ii) We believe that he was one of the mightiest
Messengers of Allah (swt).
(iii) We believe that he was born miraculously, without
any male intervention, which many modern day
Christians do not believe.
(iv) We believe he was the Messiah translated Christ
(pbuh).
(v) We believe that he gave life to the dead with God’s
permission.
(iv) We believe that he healed those born blind, and the
lepers with God’s permission.
II) Concept of God in Christianity:
1. Jesus Christ (pbuh) never claimed Divinity
One may ask, if both Muslims and Christians love and
respect Jesus (pbuh), where exactly is the parting of
ways? The major difference between Islam and
Christianity is the Christians’ insistence on the
supposed divinity of Christ (pbuh). A study of the
Christian scriptures reveals that Jesus (pbuh) never
claimed divinity. In fact there is not a single
unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus
(pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or where he says,
"worship me". In fact the Bible contains statements
attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in which he preached quite
the contrary. The following statements in the Bible are
attributed to Jesus Christ (pbuh):
(i) "My Father is greater than I."
[The Bible, John 14:28]
(ii) "My Father is greater than all."
[The Bible, John 10:29]
(iii) "…I cast out devils by the Spirit of God…."
[The Bible, Mathew 12:28]
(iv) "…I with the finger of God cast out devils…."
[The Bible, Luke 11:20]
(v) "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I
judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not
my own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent
me."
[The Bible, John 5:30]
2. The Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh) – to Fulfill the Law
Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity for himself. He
clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus
(pbuh) was sent by God to confirm the previous Judaic
law. This is clearly evident in the following statements
attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in the Gospel of Mathew:
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the
Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For
verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot
or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be
fulfilled.
"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least
commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be
called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but
whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be
called great in the kingdom of heaven."
"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness
shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and
Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of
heaven."
[The Bible, Mathew 5:17-20]
3. God Sent Jesus' (pbuh)
The Bible mentions the prophetic nature of Jesus
(pbuh) mission in the following verses:
(i)"… and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the
Father’s which sent me."
[The Bible, John 14:24]
(ii)"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee
the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has
sent."
[The Bible, John 17:3]
4. Jesus Refuted even the Remotest Suggestion of his
Divinity
Consider the following incident mentioned in the Bible:
"And behold, one came and said unto him, ‘Good
Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have
eternal life?’
And he said unto him, ‘Why callest thou me good?
There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt
enter into life, keep the commandments.’ "
[The Bible, Mathew 19:16-17]
Jesus (pbuh) did not say that to have the eternal life of
paradise, man should believe in him as Almighty God
or worship him as God, or believe that Jesus (pbuh)
would die for his sins. On the contrary he said that the
path to salvation was through keeping the
commandments. It is indeed striking to note the
difference between the words of Jesus Christ (pbuh)
and the Christian dogma of salvation through the
sacrifice of Jesus (pbuh).
5. Jesus (pbuh) of Nazareth – a Man Approved of God
The following statement from the Bible supports the
Islamic belief that Jesus (pbuh) was a prophet of God.
"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth,
a man approved of God among you by miracles and
wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst
of you, as ye yourselves also know."
[The Bible, Acts 2:22]
6. The First Commandment is that God is One
The Bible does not support the Christian belief in trinity
at all. One of the scribes once asked Jesus (pbuh) as to
which was the first commandment of all, to which
Jesus (pbuh) merely repeated what Moses (pbuh) had
said earlier:
"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adonai Ikhad."
This is a Hebrew quotation, which means:
"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."
[The Bible, Mark 12:29]
It is striking that the basic teachings of the Church such
as Trinity and vicarious atonement find no mention in
the Bible. In fact, various verses of the Bible point to
Jesus’ (pbuh) actual mission, which was to fulfill the
law revealed to Prophet Moses (pbuh). Indeed Jesus
(pbuh) rejected any suggestions that attributed divinity
to him, and explained his miracles as the power of the
One True God.
Jesus (pbuh) thus reiterated the message of
monotheism that was given by all earlier prophets of
Almighty God.
NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the
King James Version.
III) Concept of God in Old Testament:
1. God is One
The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy
contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):
"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".
It is a Hebrew quotation which means:
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord"
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]
2. Unity of God in the Book of Isaiah
The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:
(i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no
saviour."
[The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]
(ii) "I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God
besides me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]
(iii) "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and
there is none like me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]
3. Old Testament condemns idol worship
(i) Old Testament condemns idol worship in the
following verses:
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or
any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or
that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water
under the earth:"
"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve
them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]
(ii) A similar message is repeated in the book of
Deuteronomy:
"Thou shalt have none other gods before me."
"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any
likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in
the earth beneath, or that is in the water beneath the
earth."
"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve
them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9]

3 Likes

Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by Hiswordxray(m): 10:16am On Nov 13, 2014
Since you know the Bible so well why not explain these verses.
Philippines 2:6-7 "Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped or retained, But stripped Himself [of all privileges and rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being."

Do you tell yourself that Christians and Muslims worship the same God, so that you would be scared of going to hell if the Christians are right about Jesus?
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by oderinde11(m): 8:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hiswordxray:
Philippines 2:6-7 "Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped or retained, But stripped Himself [of all privileges and rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being."

Do you tell yourself that Christians and Muslims worship the same God, so that you would be scared of going to hell if the Christians are right about Jesus?
Hiswordxray:
Hiswordxray:

Pls go ask ur pastor about jesus word and paul statement the word is frm paul who know nothing about jesus
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by suckcybay: 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
What about this scripture ''I and my Father are One'' john 10 vs 30-42
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by malvisguy212: 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
oderinde11:

Pls go ask ur pastor about jesus word and paul statement the word is frm paul who know nothing about jesus
jeus did not openly say it i am God because that will be boastfull.the reason why the jews want to stone him is because he claim to be God.

John 8.
48 The Jews answered him, “Aren’t we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?” 49 “I am not possessed by a demon,” said Jesus, “but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. 50 I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.” 52 At this they exclaimed, “Now we know that you are demon- possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that
whoever obeys your word will never taste death. 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do
you think you are?” 54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would
be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was
glad.” 57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!” 58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

The quran called him the spirit and word of God,and the bible called him the son of God, what is the difference ?

1 Like

Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by ultraGM: 11:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
You Just copy and Paste what you dont understand, I you were bombareded with question now you will turn away
Pls next time make research before posting someelse idea
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by Hiswordxray(m): 4:10pm On Nov 14, 2014
oderinde11:

Is that the best answer you could give?
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by oderinde11(m): 9:36am On Nov 15, 2014
malvisguy212:
jeus did not openly say it i am God because that will be boastfull.the reason why the jews want to stone him is because he claim to be God.

John 8.
48 The Jews answered him, “Aren’t we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?” 49 “I am not possessed by a demon,” said Jesus, “but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. 50 I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.” 52 At this they exclaimed, “Now we know that you are demon- possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that
whoever obeys your word will never taste death. 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do
you think you are?” 54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would
be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was
glad.” 57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!” 58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

The quran called him the spirit and word of God,and the bible called him the son of God, what is the difference ?

Jesus he never claim to be God either openly on secretly bcus he just a messenger of Allah
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by oderinde11(m): 9:44am On Nov 15, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Is that the best answer you could give?

If u want answer gud answer ask gud question
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by Mikechinos(m): 10:09am On Nov 15, 2014
john 14vs 8-9 jesus is God. his actions tells hes God. i

f he's not God then he wont tell us to pray in his name

or even baptize in his name. if u dont believe that jesus is God then you are deiciving your self cos a servant or a prophet wont tell u to pray in his name
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by malvisguy212: 10:27am On Nov 15, 2014
oderinde11:

Jesus he never claim to be God either openly on secretly bcus he just a messenger of Allah
jesus, a messenger of Allah? What message jesus preach? Allah say he gave jesus a book, were is the book? Allah did not empower jesus to perform miracle. If you say allah is behind the sign jesus perform, then at the same time, you are addmiting Allah lied, before the coming of jesus, Allah has already make a promies never to send sign, Allah the sign jesu did was not by allah command. read here https://www.nairaland.com/1970166/lying-deity
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by TopsyKrete: 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2014
Do anyone understand the first chapter of the book of John, especially verses 1 and 2?

Please pray that the Holy Spirit should reveal the meaning of that account of that nature of God, Word and the Light.
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by oderinde11(m): 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
malvisguy212:
jesus, a messenger of Allah? What message jesus preach? Allah say he gave jesus a book, were is the book? Allah did not empower jesus to perform miracle. If you say allah is behind the sign jesus perform, then at the same time, you are addmiting Allah lied, before the coming of jesus, Allah has already make a promies never to send sign, Allah the sign jesu did was not by allah command. read here https://www.nairaland.com/1970166/lying-deity

Pls jesus was sent by God and he preach oneness of God to isreal second his book is ( injil ) good news in quran surat mariam God promise mariam jesus mother dat she bear a son n he be a sign to d people of isreal and jesus miracle is by Allah permission jesus I can for myself do nothing .
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by Philip4040: 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
John 8.

The quran called him the spirit and word of God,and the bible called him the son of God, what is the difference ? [/quote]
Just on point. You spoke my mind!!!
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by malvisguy212: 9:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
oderinde11:

Pls jesus was sent by God and he preach oneness of God to isreal second his book is ( injil ) good news in quran surat mariam God promise mariam jesus mother dat she bear a son n he be a sign to d people of isreal and jesus miracle is by Allah permission jesus I can for myself do nothing .
saying Allah empower jesus to perform miracle, you are indirectly saying Allah lied, becau before jesu arrive ,allah has stop sending sign to the people.

You say the injil(gospel) in the quran? Is quran now gospel? Jesus say "i and my Father are ONE" THE FATHER IS GOD
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by eminex(m): 9:52pm On Nov 17, 2014
malvisguy212:
saying Allah empower jesus to perform miracle, you are indirectly saying Allah lied, becau before jesu arrive ,allah has stop sending sign to the people.

You say the injil(gospel) in the quran? Is quran now gospel? Jesus say "i and my Father are ONE" THE FATHER IS GOD

I don't really get wot u re trying to conclude on.
Jesus said "I and my Father are one"
Are = plural
Being one = in agreement
e.g if you tell somebody "I and my father are one", what message are u passing across. its either the person interprets it to mean that u look so much like ur father or that u are both in agreement. never would d person think nor say that u re ur father himself.
So as simply stated in John 3:16, The true God is not Jesus while Jesus (though in the likeness of a god) is the son of the true God
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by chosen124: 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
op you believe in Jesus? congrats even Satan believe
for your information Christianity does not have anything in common with islam. Jesus is against everything Mohamed is,
we Christian even perfer babalawos to Muslim because no babalawo will slaughter Christian the way Muslim are doing all over the world
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by malvisguy212: 11:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
eminex:

I don't really get wot u re trying to conclude on.
Jesus said "I and my Father are one"
Are = plural
Being one = in agreement
e.g if you tell somebody "I and my father are one", what message are u passing across. its either the person interprets it to mean that u look so much like ur father or that u are both in agreement. never would d person think nor say that u re ur father himself.
So as simply stated in John 3:16, The true God is not Jesus while Jesus (though in the likeness of a god) is the son of the true God
Jesus claimed to have many of the attributes that God alone possess.
Jesus claimed to have sent the prophets:

"Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and
scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them
you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to
city, (Matthew 23:34)"
However, the Old Testament indicates that God sent the prophets. Therefore, Jesus was claiming the authority that was previously
reserved only for God.

Jesus claimed that His origins are from heaven, whereas men are from the world:

"And no one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from
heaven, even the Son of Man. (John 3:13)
And He was saying to them, "You are from below, I am from above;
you are of this world, I am not of this world. (John 8:23)

Not only did Jesus claim to come from heaven, but He said that it was "my kingdom" Isn't heaven God's kingdom?

that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and you will
sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Luke 22:30)
Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom
were of this world, then My servants would be fighting, that I might
not be delivered up to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this
realm." (John 18:36)

Jesus claimed to have existed before He was born in Bethlehem:

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I
am!" At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid
himself, slipping away from the temple grounds. (John 8:58-59)
The claim included the term "I am" - a reference God made of Himself when talking to Moses. The Jews immediately recognized that Jesus was claiming to be God and attempted to stone Him.

Jesus also claimed to have existed "before the world began":

"And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had
with you before the world began." (John 17:5)

This statement is an obvious claim to deity. Not only did Jesus claim to
exist before the creation of the universe, but He claimed to share the
glory of God! Jesus also claimed that He had "all authority... in heaven and on earth" and that everything of God was His.
And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has
been given to Me in heaven and on earth." (Matthew 28:18)

Jesus claimed to be the supreme judge who will exercise all judgment. However, there are at least 50 verses in the Bible that claim that Jehovah God will judge the earth

Thomas, the ever-skeptical disciple, was
unconvinced that Jesus had risen from the dead and wanted to see
direct proof. However, when the Lord Jesus appeared to him, his only
reaction was "My Lord and my God!"
Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus
said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed?
Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." (John 20:28-29)
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by oderinde11(m): 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
malvisguy212:

Proof it in ur bible or Quran where Allah says I stop sign n wonder I d world secondly u said ( gospel ) is d book of jesus which was not written down at all
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by oderinde11(m): 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
malvisguy212:

Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by malvisguy212: 11:52pm On Nov 17, 2014
oderinde11:

Proof it in ur bible or Quran where Allah says I stop sign n wonder I d world secondly u said ( gospel ) is d book of jesus which was not written down at all
read here www.nairaland.com/1970166/lying-deity

According to the Qur’an the final miracle performed by Allah was a
huge she-camel that he produced out of a rock.
Surah 7:73: “Indeed there has come to you a clear sign (the miracle of
the coming out of a huge she camel from the midst of a rock) from
your Lord.” (Hilali-Khan)
But the people still, do not believe the prophets Salih, so Allah stop sending sign,that is why on many occation,in the quran,when muhammad is being challange to perform miracle , he always say "AM I ANY MORE THAN A HUMAN
MESSENGER?” yet the quran say jesus perform miracle, how could this be? Go through the thread, read and understand, non of your brothers were able to answer the op.
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by oderinde11(m): 8:51am On Nov 18, 2014
malvisguy212:
read here www.nairaland.com/1970166/lying-deity

According to the Qur’an the final miracle performed by Allah was a
huge she-camel that he produced out of a rock.
Surah 7:73: “Indeed there has come to you a clear sign (the miracle of
the coming out of a huge she camel from the midst of a rock) from
your Lord.” (Hilali-Khan)
But the people still, do not believe the prophets Salih, so Allah stop sending sign,that is why on many occation,in the quran,when muhammad is being challange to perform miracle , he always say "AM I ANY MORE THAN A HUMAN
MESSENGER?” yet the quran say jesus perform miracle, how could this be? Go through the thread, read and understand, non of your brothers were able to answer the op.

U don't av anything to say, u don't av proof word is just coming frm ur mouth quran never say in that verse that it is d last sign
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by Mikechinos(m): 9:38am On Nov 18, 2014
mehn u guyz are funny. if u think that jesus is not God keep that to your self no one is forcing you to accept him. but pls stop this rubbish about allah empowering or sending jesus to earth. its blasphemous. jesus doctrine is different from the one allah gave to the Muslims
Re: Position Of Jesus In Islam by malvisguy212: 6:15am On Nov 20, 2014
oderinde11:

U don't av anything to say, u don't av proof word is just coming frm ur mouth quran never say in that verse that it is d last sign
Surah 17:59: “And We refrain from sending the Signs, only because the
men of former generations treated them as false: We sent the she-
camel to the Thamud to open their eyes, but they treated her
wrongfully: We only send the Signs by way of terror (and warning from evil).” (Yusuf Ali)
As we can see, the word “Sign” in this verse denotes the visible and
clearly observable miracle of Allah. The Sign or Miracle that Allah sent
in this specific instant was a she-camel that was visible to the people
of Thamud. The miracle was sent to open their eyes but they treated
the she-camel wrongly and killed her. After this incident, Allah decided not to send any more miracles in the future. What can we conclude by
the above words of Allah in Surah 17:59?
1. It shows that Allah has “stopped sending miracles.” This means that
long before the coming of Muhammad, Allah has decided to stop
sending miracles. Hence, if the Qur’an is true, then Muhammad could
not have performed any miracle. Therefore, whenever Muslims proudly claim that their Prophet performed many miracles, they are at the
same instant admitting that Allah lied in Surah 17:59.
2. It specifies Allah’s reason for not sending miracles. This verse states
that Allah found it pointless to perform miracles “because the men of
former generations treated them as false.” In other words, Allah has
stopped sending miracles because people in the past did not believe in them.
3. It shows in which period of time Allah made a decision to stop
sending miracles.
More than twenty Qur’anic passages show that whenever Muhammad
was asked by his contemporaries to perform a single miracle, he either
remained silent or said that he could not do so because he was no more than just an ordinary human being. The most explicit of these
passages is in
Surah 17:90-93:
They said, “We will not believe you unless you cause a spring to
gush out of the ground. “Or unless you own a garden of date palms
and grapes, with rivers running through it. “Or unless you cause masses from the sky, as you claimed, to fall on us. Or unless you
bring GOD and the angels before our eyes. “Or unless you own a
luxurious mansion, or unless you climb into the sky. Even if you do
climb, we will not believe unless you bring a book that we can
read.” Say, “Glory be to my Lord. AM I ANY MORE THAN A HUMAN
MESSENGER?” (Khalifa)

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Inherit The EARTH Since We All Pray To Make Heaven? / As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims / Laodicea : To Him Who Overcomes ( Rev. 3:21) - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.