Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Why Is Basketball Neglected In Nigeria As A Whole? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is Basketball Neglected In Nigeria As A Whole? (463 Views)

Mixed Fortunes For Nigeria As Abugan Makes 400m Commonwealth Games Final! / Photos From DSTV Basketball Throwdown Event / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Basketball Neglected In Nigeria As A Whole? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Why is basketball neglected in nigeria?in nigeria today,any money that is brought out for sports in nigeria yearly is being use only in the football aspect....why is it supposed to be so?All young people that choose the basketball career doesn't make it here in nigeria and that is so much alarming
One of the reasons to start financing basketball in nigeria is that it will help to reduce the unemployment rate in nigeria cus its not everybody that is meant to be successful academically....pls I need your answers to my question and major ways to make basketball be recognised in nigeria
Pls I need the advice of matured minds only.....thanks for your time

Re: Why Is Basketball Neglected In Nigeria As A Whole? by Eggcelent(m): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
My take on this is the people we have in government lack the ingenuity required to solve our myriads of problems. Sports & agriculture are 2 areas, in addition to entertainment, capable of absorbing about 70% of the unemployed/underemployed Nigerians. However, our political leaders think development is all about erecting some physical structures without commensurate human development. As for money being put into football, it is true. However, the money being put into it isn't for development of the game, but for administrative overheads. THE SOLUTION? The solution lies with passionate individuals such as you and I. As for me, I've decided I'll ensure that Nigeria produces a grandslam winner in lawn tennis within the next 30 years. And am not looking up to the government for assistance. Am presently taking baby steps in that direction and am certain it is doable. You too can have similar dreams for development of basket ball in Nigeria. Success

1 Like

Re: Why Is Basketball Neglected In Nigeria As A Whole? by guttentag(m): 7:01pm On Mar 12, 2015
bECause Nigerians don't like Jumping, Abi you be Frog?
Re: Why Is Basketball Neglected In Nigeria As A Whole? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
Cus d game is shiit

(1) (Reply)

Keshi’s Gamble Caused Nigeria’s Afcon Failure – Lawal / Canada 2015: Sweden Coach Fears Super Falcons / NFF Returns N510m World Cup Money To Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.