Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

What The Greats Said About Zinedine Zidane - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What The Greats Said About Zinedine Zidane (672 Views)

Real Madrid Coach Zinedine Zidane's Trousers Tear Again (photos) / El-classico: Zinedine Zidane Silences Critics&continues To Build His Dynasty. / Video: Zinedine Zidane’s Son Luca Was Sent Off For A Headbutt At The Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What The Greats Said About Zinedine Zidane by connectikut89(m): 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
Source: Goal.com

The former Juventus and Real Madrid
playmaker has been inducted into the
Goal Hall of Fame and some of football's greats have discussed what makes him such an icon.

"He'd go past one, two, three, five, six
players - it was sublime. His feet spoke
with the ball."
JEAN VARRAUD, WHO DISCOVERED
ZIDANE

"Zidane is the master."
PELE

"He is from another planet. When Zidane stepped onto the pitch, the 10 other guys got suddenly better. It is that simple."
ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC

"The greatest player of the last 20 years? It has to be Zidane. He had everything. You never needed to tell him anything as he did it all by himself and knew what was expected."
MARCELLO LIPPI

"I would give up five players to have Zidane in my squad."
FORMER ITALY COACH CESARE MALDINI

"Technically, I think he is king of what's
fundamental in the game - control and passing. I don't think anyone can match him when it comes to controlling and receiving the ball."
MICHEL PLATINI

"You look at Zidane and think 'I've never seen a player quite like that'. Diego Maradona was a great player. Johan Cruyff was a great player. They were different - but with similarities. What sets Zidane apart is the way he manipulates a football, buying himself space that isn't there. Add his vision and it makes him very special."
KEVIN KEEGAN

"He thinks in one second and does it in
the next. He is a special player, one who is original and exceptional. He creates space where there is none. Only the very best players can do that. No matter where he gets the ball or how it comes to him, Zidane can get out of trouble. His imagination and his technique are amazing."
EDGAR DAVIDS

"He dominates the ball. He is a walking spectacle and he plays as if he has silk gloves on each foot. He makes it worthwhile going to the stadium - he's one of the best players I have ever seen."
ALFREDO DI STEFANO

"I have always admired Zidane. In fact, I have one of his shirts in my closet. We exchanged shirts after a Juventus-Perugia game."
MARCO MATERAZZI

"You are a virtuoso, a genius of world
football. You are also a man of heart, of commitment, of conviction - and that's why France admires and loves you."
FORMER FRENCH PRESIDENT, JACQUES
CHIRAC

"Nobody knows if Zidane is an angel or a demon. He smiles like Saint Teresa and grimaces like a serial killer."
FRENCH SINGER-SONGWRITER JEAN-
LOUIS MURAT

"Zidane cost €73 million and that was
cheap."
FLORENTINO PEREZ

"Zidane's goal in the club's ninth Champions League win was the goal of a genius, an artist, but I still replay some of his moves in my head. He represents the elegance of a simple hero for Real Madrid."
FLORENTINO PEREZ
Re: What The Greats Said About Zinedine Zidane by emirate0(m): 7:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
I see u bro

(1) (Reply)

Things Nigerians Say After Theve Been Defeated / Mikel Obi Scores First Ever Champions League Goal / Humilating Defeat!! Tottenham Hotspur 5 : Chelsea 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.