Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) (1162 Views)

Pro Wrestling (WWE) / Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) by akpos4uall(m): 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2006
[b]I was just wondering why people watch wrestling.I watch tna occasionally but mainly follow the wwe on a weekly basis.

In general in the wwe each wreslters matches tend to be the same, e.g. in a typical benoit match u will see the belly 2 back suplex like 3 times in a row, in a kurt angle match you will see him slap on the ankle lock like 3 times before somebody taps out. This gets a little boring after a while.

We all know wreslting is fake and the injuries they suffer are no way near as brutal as mma, (in most cases), so why do we watch wrestling?
I mean we know that every pinfall before a finisher will be a kick out. Its not exaclty exciting having loads of near falls because you know the match wont end till somebody hits their finisher. Matches these days dont exaclty keep me on the edge of my seat.

So again i ask why do we watch wrestling?
Is it the promos
Is it because the wwe has this soap opera type feel ending on a cliff hanger each week to encourage you to tune in to watch the next week?
Is it the wreslting?? If so then what do you like about it?? I used to turn a blind eye to the fact that the winner of each match was pre determined but I dont think I can anymore.

You know what really pisses me off? When the ref gets knocked out in every main event! Its like come on FFS why does this happen everytime. I also get pissed coz heels never ever win without cheating. In JBLs title reign he broke the rules in almost every match he had.

I think the raw storylines are better then they have been in a long time with kane v kane, the dx reunion and the whole cena/ecw thing. But i find myself tuning in to see what is gonna happen with the storyline rather then tuning in to see the wrestling.

Why do you tune in
   [/b]
Re: Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) by beyunce(f): 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2006
Cos i love wrestling its just like watching football you know.
Re: Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) by c0dec(m): 10:05pm On Aug 07, 2006
wrestling is fake. go away!
Re: Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) by wanks(m): 11:38pm On Aug 07, 2006
cool It relieves me from all the trouble my girlfriend gives me, thats after a cool morning street basketball match of no rules.
Re: Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) by shawna(f): 11:42pm On Aug 07, 2006
i hate it its so damn fake undertake aint thesame no more
Re: Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) by wanks(m): 11:49pm On Aug 07, 2006
BUT WHO TOLD WHO ALL THE MATCHES WERE FAKE, WE ARE IN THE TWENTY FIRST CENTURY MEN,    ITS SLOGAN GOES,
           IF U DON.T LIKE WHAT U SEE, WALK OUT
Re: Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) by nike4luv(f): 2:56am On Aug 08, 2006
makes me laugh and its interesting, i try and think about how they do it
Re: Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) by beyunce(f): 9:58am On Aug 08, 2006
c0dec:

wrestling is fake. go away!

I know its fake but i love watchin it. Hop u Gani
Re: Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) by Izzo(m): 3:48am On Aug 16, 2006
I believe evry one know it's fake. I only watch it just for the fun of it.
Re: Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) by kiki(f): 4:04am On Aug 16, 2006
because it fun and it's entertainin
Re: Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) by damygurl(f): 4:08am On Aug 16, 2006
they do get hurt 4 real. i watch it cuz it's d only sport i can watch 4 more dan 30mins without turning d tv off or sleeping. it's fun.
Re: Why Do You Watch Wrestling(wwe) by elile99(m): 5:04am On Aug 18, 2006
Izzo:

I believe evry one know it's fake. I only watch it just for the fun of it.
Wrestling looks interesting and funny, Looks really fake( nowadays) unlike WCW there were wrestlers like Sting, Vampiro, Goldberg, StoneCold and Others

(1) (Reply)

Grand Style League Opener By Chelsea:4-0 Vs Portsmouth / How Can I Watch The Nations Cup Online? / Peter Odemwingie,taye Taiwo Droped As Keshi Pick 32 For Camping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.