Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? (1779 Views)

Is It Easier To Make A Christian A Freethinker Than A Muslim? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Freethinker Of The Month: Tai Solarin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
Okay... Good Afternoon N'Landers.
I've had this question nagging my mind for quite a while now. I'm a Christian, a catholic by birth and by choice. I've seen people, here on N'Land, who say they don't believe in the existence of God or religion. Like these people are neither Christians nor muslims. Personally, I've got nothing against nobody; atheist or muslim, and I haven't had the opportunity of meeting anybody who's a freethinker. So I'm directing this nagging question to them atheists on-here. As an atheist or a freethinker, where would you get married, like where would you wed your wife?
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
There are still courts around. I expected a tougher question to there atheists.

2 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
Reyginus:
I was expecting someone to say that. As a lady, I know most ladies won't settle for just court wedding, we all want something grand, you know.
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
Reyginus:

Exactly.

Some of us, myself inclusive, would have no problems with church wedding. Were it not for my animosity towards Islam, I might have no problems getting married the islamic way.
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 14, 2014
I see no problem getting married in the church if my wife wants it.

At least, it is just for a few hours.

4 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by sinequanon: 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
In UK, castles are popular, if you are after grandness".

There are also dedicated venues in areas of natural beauty, if you are after romance.

Not all women are the same. Some like the splash of a public wedding with every tom, dick and harry invited. Others prefer the warmth of a close circle of friends. Some will be disappointed if it rains, others will seize the opportunity to feel the cheer, good will and support of their loyal guests.

(I would never marry a religious woman, though! grin -- so I wouldn't be in a situation of anyone dragging me to a church.)
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by AfricanApple(f): 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
Reyginus:
I expected a tougher question to there atheists.
me too undecided

xcapizt, question for u
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
sinequanon:

(I would never marry a religious woman, though! grin -- so I wouldn't be in a situation of anyone dragging me to a church.)
Wow!!!
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by AfricanApple(f): 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2014
even if u are a xtian or Muslim, must u wed in d church or mosque?

is it written anywhere in d bible dat it must take place in d church? jes asking
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
AfricanApple:
even if u are a xtian or Muslim, must u wed in d church or mosque?

is it written anywhere in d bible dat it must take place in d church? jes asking
You seem to be picking the wrong idea here. I'm not asking because it's a must for every christian or muslim to wed in the church or mosque-even though most do, I'm asking because it's a question I need an answer to. And just so you know, it's written in the bible that a man weds his wife, it's called 'Holy Matrimony' (though I can't quote the particular bible verse and chapter-not much of a bible reader- but I know its there.
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
MzPreshie:
I was expecting someone to say that. As a lady, I know most ladies won't settle for just court wedding, we all want something grand, you know.
Okay.
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by AfricanApple(f): 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2014
MzPreshie:
You seem to be picking the wrong idea here. I'm not asking because it's a must for every christian or muslim to wed in the church or mosque-even though most do, I'm asking because it's a question I need an answer to. And just so you know, it's written in the bible that a man weds his wife, it's called 'Holy Matrimony' (though I can't quote the particular bible verse and chapter-not much of a bible reader- but I know its there.
u rather got me wrong.
since u said its not a must dat a xtian weds in d church, then I don't see d need for your question cos there are a number of places one could wed

but wait o, is your guy a freethinker? or u planning to become one? cheesy
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Sagamite(m): 3:24pm On Nov 14, 2014
MzPreshie:
I've had this question nagging my mind for quite a while now. I'm a Christian, a catholic by birth and by choice. I've seen people, here on N'Land, who say they don't believe in the existence of God or religion. Like these people are neither Christians nor muslims. Personally, I've got nothing against nobody; atheist or muslim, and I haven't had the opportunity of meeting anybody who's a freethinker. So I'm directing this nagging question to them atheists on-here. As an atheist or a freethinker, where would you get married, like where would you wed your wife?

I would prefer to marry her in a Sagamu Shrine where my babalawo would give us a concoction to eat and seal the wedding.

2 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by herald9: 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2014
sinequanon:
In UK, castles are popular, if you are after grandness".

There are also dedicated venues in areas of natural beauty, if you are after romance.

Not all women are the same. Some like the splash of a public wedding with every tom, dick and harry invited. Others prefer the warmth of a close circle of friends. Some will be disappointed if it rains, others will seize the opportunity to feel the cheer, good will and support of their loyal guests.

Lolz
well said!

But there are no religious women nowadays...

Except those looking for husbands or having marital problemsgrin
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
Sagamite:

I would prefer to marry her in a Sagamu Shrine where my babalawo would give us a concoction to eat and seal the wedding.
lmaoooo
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
AfricanApple:

but wait o, is your guy a freethinker? or u planning to become one? cheesy
Lol... None of the above.
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
Sagamite:

Lol...
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
MzPreshie:

It is not a must for us to get married. However i had mine in Las Vegas.
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by sinequanon: 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2014
herald9:

Lolz
well said!

But there are no religious women nowadays...

Except those looking for husbands or having marital problemsgrin

For me, a woman who even says she is religious is a big NO!

So, pretend religious or for real religious, it's no way.
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2014
Marriage is overrated.

2 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by finofaya: 2:40am On Nov 15, 2014
MzPreshie:

I'll only get married because of the legal implications. I think those wedding vows you do in church are uncalled for. So court wedding it is. We can have a mad reception after.
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 15, 2014
finofaya:

I'll only get married because of the legal implications. I think those wedding vows you do in church are uncalled for. So court wedding it is. We can have a mad reception after.
Hmmm... Alright. Thanks.
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by krayzieklay(m): 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2014
Well,despite the fact that I'm an atheist, I solely believe in my culture and tradition. So if I'm gonna marry ( I honestly don't think I will tho) ,I will probably do a court and native ( I don't like the word traditional) wedding. But if my wife happens to be a xtian or Muslim and she wants the church or Islamic wedding, I don't have a prob with that. Afterall, its just for some few hours. It's all about understanding.
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by daveP(m): 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2014
cry - its just an expression!
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by ghost1718(m): 11:00am On Nov 17, 2014
MzPreshie:
Hmmm... Alright. Thanks.
mom where on earth are u ?? Have been searching every thrad looking for u
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Richie4(m): 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
I choose 'B'. But I'll just marry her 4 her wealth, and find solace in another woman outside d marriage.
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
ghost1718:
where on earth are u ?? Have been searching every thrad looking for u
I'm here now. Missed me?
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by ghost1718(m): 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
MzPreshie:
I'm here now. Missed me?
how do u want me to say it i missed uuuuuuuuuuu
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 28, 2014
ghost1718:
how do u want me to say it i missed uuuuuuuuuuu
Lol... It's same here. How have you been?
Re: As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? by ghost1718(m): 8:20am On Nov 28, 2014
MzPreshie:
Lol... It's same here. How have you been?
mom u left me hungry nah

(1) (Reply)

The Apostolic Church Osogbo Making Way For Road Expansion. PHOTO / A Simple Question To All Atheist... / How To Prepare To Minister In A Healing And Miracle Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.