Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? (986 Views)

Read The Rules And Practices Of Extreme Programming Online For Free / 10 Rules I Followed To Teach Myself To Code (You Can Do This!) / 6 Books That Software Billionaire Bill Gates Thinks That You Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by donkoleone(m): 8:48am On Nov 25, 2008
O.K who thinks theres a programming language better than JAVA,tell me and i will change ur mind
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by jacob05(m): 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2008
Java sucks tongue tongue

PYTHON RULES cool cool
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by javalove(m): 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2008
kai, not another "Java vs." thread.
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by donkoleone(m): 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2008
so tell me JACOB how many stand alone progs. have u made with reptile, sorry python hahahah cheesy
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by jacob05(m): 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2008
Tell me how you have made also with your jaga no jaguns no jaguar ok java tongue
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by donkoleone(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2008
jacob05 be free to view 2 standalones that ive pasted as topics,now show me yours shocked
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by Bassie(m): 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2008
And it goes On!
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by yawatide(f): 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2008
donkoleone,

Actually, I think otherwise. How about trying to convince me?

By the way, what I prefer is a non-issue. You say Java rules and so far you are yet to convince me. In fact, I don't believe you have even stated a case wink
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by javarules(m): 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2008
erlang:
Bin in production for about 20 years
Functional
Can do all the cool stuffs in a functional way (ErlyBank, ErlyDB, Mnesia, Mochiweb, rabbitMQ etc)

My most powerful language as of now is scala, scala took a lot of cues from erlang, the only reason I will chose scala over erlang is JVM, otherwise its erlang all the way
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by a4extra: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2008
na waa ooo, why una no wan grow, have we not outgrown discussing which one rules, na waa, use any language tha works best for u, as for me and me, c# is the way forward, mobile, web and desktop, i have not had anyreason to look at java, but does not really mean that java is not the bomb na, the questions u should be asking is what have u done with the language, ?
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by donkoleone(m): 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2008
Well sincerly i agree with a4extra on his view,my likeness for java might be a dislike to others anyhow.YEWATIDE i wil like to know what lang. u prefer,then i will face u properly and state my case. wink wink
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by richness(m): 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2008
Java is the only language, the others are pidgin.
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by rancetech(m): 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2008
I guess you guys are out of jobs, there's no better explanation why serious programmers would waste their time over silly topics.

There are lots of threads on this issue, besides I see no need for that. Learn & use something that will work for you and your target market (clients).

If you are a web developer, go for PHP and MYSQL. If you are a windows developer, then go for C# or VB.net. If you're somebody that works with different platforms, windows and linux then JAVA would be more appropriate.

NB: It doesn't hurt to know more than one language, you can decide to use everything if you're capable. Just don't start any more dumb threads like this again.
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by A40(m): 2:07am On Nov 28, 2008
rancetech:

I guess you guys are out of jobs, there's no better explanation why serious programmers would waste their time over silly topics.

There are lots of threads on this issue, besides I see no need for that. Learn & use something that will work for you and your target market (clients).

If you are a web developer, go for PHP and MYSQL. If you are a windows developer, then go for C# or VB.net. If you're somebody that works with different platforms, windows and linux then JAVA would be more appropriate.

NB: It doesn't hurt to know more than one language, you can decide to use everything if you're capable. Just don't start any more dumb threads like this again.
This is the smartest response i have read all thread
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by yawatide(f): 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2008
donkoleone,

I actually don't have a preference as I believe doing so would limit my marketability. Also, I am not a software developer but a web developer. If you were to put a gun to my head on this though, I would probably go for Java/JSP. My only reason though isn't based on anything convincing other than I have worked in a Java/JSP environment for over 90% of my career.
Re: Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? by DualCore1: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2008
This thread is like this. . .
i've got a car (my first car), its a Honda. I know perfectly well what a honda feels like, but i see other brands of cars on the road, some just make me jealous, others make me proud. I dunno what these other cars feel like, i just go from 0 to 100 in 60secs saying, Honda is the best, who thinks otherwise.

Dudes, its plain silly. Use what works best for u. dont go hating on those using what u cant use.

(1) (Reply)

Rapidcreator - Sap User Performance Enhancement Tool / How Do I Hyperlink On Smf Forum / It's The Samsung Developer's Challenge-prudent Student's Companion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.