Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,380 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) (2932 Views)

Chelsea Female Doctor Eva Carniero To Be Axed From Match Duties / Mikel Should Be Axed From The National. Team / Siasia: Joel Obi, Emenike Will Destroy Guinea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by GreenBobo: 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
Disclaimer!
What you're about to read is a personal opinion concerning two s.e players. And yes, it is subject to criticism!

Just before Emmanuel Emenike was subbed by coach Stephen Keshi, there appeared to have been a (major) disagreement between the coach and Emenike. Emenike appeared to have asked the coach to sub him,if he (coach ) was not pleased with his play/performance. Coach Keshi obliged him and immediately he was substituted by the coach! Knowing Keshi for who and what he is (his relationship with his players inside and outside the pitch ), I fear for Emenike! One way or the other, Keshi will most certainly, have him pay for daring!

Secondly and quite obviously, Mikel and Onazi had some clogs in their wheels today, and they decided to take it out on the pitch of play. Mikel was obviously on the receiving end (my opinion again ). Owing to the immense and unusual power and influence Mikel wields over the S.E's team, Onazi might be heading towards a rocky path!

Did you notice these scenarios?
Am I just over reacting?
What's your opinion(s)?

2 Likes

Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Mrval20(m): 7:03pm On Nov 15, 2014
I noticed that of Emenike but I thought he was reacting to a fellow player's criticism. If it was towards Keshi, then that was disrespectful and totally uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Goke7: 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
truth is some of our players have not been doing well e.g. emenike and even onazi including players like ambrose, thank God for oshanuwa who looks set to displace under performing echeijele, this is the reason why it looks as if keshi is a bad coach but many Nigerians don't know this, they blame keshi for our players' inconsistency.

Emenike should brace up or sit back in turkey and face his club, can he try such with a white man? african players sometimes are the ones who give the leeway to african FAs to bring in carpenter foreign coaches.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by GreenBobo: 11:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
Mrval20:
I noticed that of Emenike but I thought he was reacting to a fellow player's criticism. If it was towards Keshi, then that was disrespectful and totally uncalled for.
He declined shaking hands with the assistant coach when he was substituted! I like him because he pours out his heart when he plays for the S.E's. I believe that he's a dedicated player and all that... He's just out-of-form.... I hope he'd start scoring goals pretty soon!

1 Like

Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by abatically(m): 12:07am On Nov 16, 2014
GreenBobo:

He declined shaking hands with the assistant coach when he was substituted! I like him because he pours out his heart when he plays for the S.E's. I believe that he's a dedicated player and all that... He's just out-of-form.... I hope he'd start scoring goals pretty soon!

Football is more of a tactical game than brute force. Unfortunately emenike only has the brute force but lacks the tactical brain. But then in Africa we only appreciate players who only use their energy to play. This is why we all hate Mikel even though he is still the most technically sound player in our team (better than fans favorite onazi). Emenike should be benched already if need be. Yes he plays his buttt off but modern football requires more of brain than energy.

Also emenike is very proud, I first noticed this in the match against Iran at the world cup, the way he looked and shouted at babatunde with evil eyes because he misplaced a pass to him. He should concentrate on improving his game rather than looking for someone to blame. If emenike was in the level of Messi or Ronaldo, I'm sure no coach will be able to manage him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Mrval20(m): 12:39am On Nov 16, 2014
GreenBobo:

I wish him luck too and I hope he doesn't grow wings like others.
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Kog45(m): 12:40am On Nov 16, 2014
GreenBobo:
Disclaimer!
What you're about to read is a personal opinion concerning two s.e players. And yes, it is subject to criticism!

Just before Emmanuel Emenike was subbed by coach Stephen Keshi, there appeared to have been a (major) disagreement between the coach and Emenike. Emenike appeared to have asked the coach to sub him,if he (coach ) was not pleased with his play/performance. Coach Keshi obliged him and immediately he was substituted by the coach! Knowing Keshi for who and what he is (his relationship with his players inside and outside the pitch ), I fear for Emenike! One way or the other, Keshi will most certainly, have him pay for daring!

Secondly and quite obviously, Mikel and Onazi had some clogs in their wheels today, and they decided to take it out on the pitch of play. Mikel was obviously on the receiving end (my opinion again ). Owing to the immense and unusual power and influence Mikel wields over the S.E's team, Onazi might be heading towards a rocky path!

Did you notice these scenarios?
Am I just over reacting?
What's your opinion(s)?
I cant say much on Emenike issue but Onazi and Mikel faceoff is not an issue for people who really played the game.Mikel was trying to tell Onazi that you nearly cost us the game for on the congolese player that nearly break Enyeama back.
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by ogahope(m): 4:45am On Nov 16, 2014
True talk
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by GreenBobo: 5:58am On Nov 16, 2014
Kog45:
I cant say much on Emenike issue but Onazi and Mikel faceoff is not an issue for people who really played the game.Mikel was trying to tell Onazi that you nearly cost us the game for on the congolese player that nearly break Enyeama back.
Yes, but then, Onazi didn't take it lightly! He was obviously pissed! Onazi-Mikel brouhaha has been there for some time now .... will definitely explode someday! With Keshi accusing some of his teamplayers for allegedly sabotaging him, HEADS WILL CERTAINLY ROLL! Keshi is just waiting for his 'time'....
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by GreenBobo: 6:06am On Nov 16, 2014
Mrval20:

I wish him luck too and I hope he doesn't grow wings like others.
He cannot grow wings if he doesn't score goals... consistently!
LoL.. As an attacker, your GOALS are your wings... I wish him the best though!

1 Like

Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by GreenBobo: 6:20am On Nov 16, 2014
Goke7:
truth is some of our players have not been doing well e.g. emenike and even onazi including players like ambrose, thank God for oshanuwa who looks set to displace under performing echeijele, this is the reason why it looks as if keshi is a bad coach but many Nigerians don't know this, they blame keshi for our players' inconsistency.

Emenike should brace up or sit back in turkey and face his club, can he try such with a white man? african players sometimes are the ones who give the leeway to african FAs to bring in carpenter foreign coaches.
Mikel needs stiff competition to up his game!
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by mikron(m): 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
GreenBobo:

that's where iheanacho shld come in

1 Like

Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by nanotechy: 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
Emenike should be sanctioned!! What blatant display of indiscipline! He can't try that in Turkey... And this is not the first time he is doing this. After he was even substituted the egomaniac couldn't hide his unruliness when he refused a handshake from keshi. What's really wrong with our players They are not the only uneducated sports men in the world
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by GreenBobo: 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
nanotechy:
Emenike should be sanctioned!! What blatant display of indiscipline! He can't try that in Turkey... And this is not the first time he is doing this. After he was even substituted the egomaniac couldn't hide his unruliness when he refused a handshake from keshi. What's really wrong with our players They are not the only uneducated sports men in the world
In recent times.... soccer coaches are frequently referred to as 'managers'... Reasons ain't far fetched. There's considerable pressure on Emenike and Keshi, and of course, the entire team to deliver,therefore, Keshi should have adopted an instructional model/approach that is less intrusive on the players! Sure,Emenike goofed,big time!
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by nanotechy: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
GreenBobo:

In recent times.... soccer coaches are frequently referred to as 'managers'... Reasons ain't far fetched. There's considerable pressure on Emenike and Keshi, and of course, the entire team to deliver,therefore, Keshi should have adopted an instructional model/approach that is less intrusive on the players! Sure,Emenike goofed,big time!
I just want to believe that he has already apologised to keshi and all fences mended. The guy has given a lot to the team but I'm very worried this behavior has become serial. He needs a wake up spanking..
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by samtol4(m): 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
GreenBobo:

I watched the match again today and I saw Emenike arrogancy and insult to Keshi using his hand to pass the message "if you not okay with my style of play don't complain you can substitute me " I was very happy Keshi removed him ,these days the guy is out of form let him sit on the bench .The guy that replaced him did very well and even scored a goal .
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Goke7: 6:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
samtol4:
I watched the match again today and I saw Emenike arrogancy and insult to Keshi using his hand to pass the message "if you not okay with my style of play don't complain you can substitute me " I was very happy Keshi removed him ,these days the guy is out of form let him sit on the bench .The guy that replaced him did very well and even scored a goal .

But if keshi should bench they guy or drop him from the squad, u guys will come here to complain that keshi lacks man management, you can see the insults the coach gets from these players, despite the fact that they play rubbish
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Goke7: 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
GreenBobo:

Yes, but then, Onazi didn't take it lightly! He was obviously pissed! Onazi-Mikel brouhaha has been there for some time now .... will definitely explode someday! With Keshi accusing some of his teamplayers for allegedly sabotaging him, HEADS WILL CERTAINLY ROLL! Keshi is just waiting for his 'time'....
truth is onazi's performance has been declining even before the world cup, but because he is the fans favourite, a lot of guys keep blaming mikel instead, onazi is thinking that he's better than mikel and its beginning to affect his game and partnership with mikel. Keshi knows this but if he should drop onazi, u guys will shout again.

Do you know onazi's poor clearance made italy equalize 2-2 in that friendly we played in london? a game we would have won 2-1

1 Like

Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Goke7: 6:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
GreenBobo:

onazi too needs stiff competition, his game is going down
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by GreenBobo: 6:11am On Nov 17, 2014
nanotechy:
I just want to believe that he has already apologised to keshi and all fences mended. The guy has given a lot to the team but I'm very worried this behavior has become serial. He needs a wake up spanking..
Some players have lost all the respect they once had for Keshi, these guys are just tolerating each other! So much distrust in the air.
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by GreenBobo: 6:16am On Nov 17, 2014
Goke7:

onazi too needs stiff competition, his game is going down
What happened to the scouting network of the NFF? When I was growing up, I used to see them all over the streets, scouting to find the best legs that Nigeria could offer! No b bad tin if SE get team 'a', a very good team 'b' and a fine? team 'c'!
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by LeoSanchez(m): 7:20am On Nov 17, 2014
Honestly i do feel Onazi should hit the road. Lets be honest. Trying to compare Mikel and Onazi in top form.. Will Onazi deliver as much as Mikel? no i don think so. But hey we do have other people in the look out.
Ihenacho is always available. And instead of using brutal force to displace the ball. He looks for open space to pass to an attacker. Now that is the job of a Midfielder.
Sunday Mba is still available. Forget the fact dat he plays in devision 3. I can bet to some extent that dat club he plays can beat most Nigeria League team at The moment. Yet local based players are called.
I am trying to point out that its not more a game of the body n strength alone but a game of the Mind- Soccer.
And then there is Emenike. I wont say much. I dont want him to go.. Not yet. But i do want him to be benched. I luv d fact dat Uche is back. I want Moses to come back as well. If so we could plar 433
putting Uche at front and Moses n Musa at the wings. Dats good enuf for me.
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 17, 2014
Musa should come in from the bench. Dude most times plays like he left his thinking cap in the dressing room. Senseless football.
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Goke7: 8:33am On Nov 17, 2014
GreenBobo:

What happened to the scouting network of the NFF? When I was growing up, I used to see them all over the streets, scouting to find the best legs that Nigeria could offer! No b bad tin if SE get team 'a', a very good team 'b' and a fine? team 'c'!

Nff these days is more concerned about getting a carpenter foreign coach for kickbacks than the scouting job you want them to do.
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Goke7: 8:35am On Nov 17, 2014
GreenBobo:

Some players have lost all the respect they once had for Keshi, these guys are just tolerating each other! So much distrust in the air.

if they cannot respect the coach, then they should quit the national team, what are they even playing in the first place?
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Goke7: 8:36am On Nov 17, 2014
Three7Ty9:
Musa should come in from the bench. Dude most times plays like he left his thinking cap in the dressing room. Senseless football.

if the guys scores a brace in the next game, will you still come back here with this kind of post?
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 17, 2014
Goke7:

if the guys scores a brace in the next game, will you still come back here with this kind of post?

Yes! The dude doesn't impress me. His pace will be better used as a substitute for counter attacks.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by GreenBobo: 8:49am On Nov 17, 2014
Goke7:

if they cannot respect the coach, then they should quit the national team, what are they even playing in the first place?
I believe there's a remote cause of this loss of respect and affection! Respect is a very MUTUAL business!
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Goke7: 9:07am On Nov 17, 2014
GreenBobo:

I believe there's a remote cause of this loss of respect and affection! Respect is a very MUTUAL business!

and who is responsible for this remote cause of loss of respect?
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by samtol4(m): 9:21am On Nov 17, 2014
Goke7:

Musa is a good player no doubt but most times he lack football sense ,he has d speed but not intelligent doing counter attacks,weather he scores hatrick or brace he will be good he comes in doing the 2nd half when the opponents are tired and worn out
Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by Goke7: 10:11am On Nov 17, 2014
samtol4:
Musa is a good player no doubt but most times he lack football sense ,he has d speed but not intelligent doing counter attacks,weather he scores hatrick or brace he will be good he comes in doing the 2nd half when the opponents are tired and worn out

thanks for your explanation which shows musa's level of ability, i think we should accept him they way he is until we get a better option, castigating him all the time is not a welcome idea. The truth is the players we have now are playing all they know to how to do, nobody can give what they do not have, the earlier we accept that our players are not world class, the better for us, the clubs they play for in europe tells us more about their abilities. expecting musa to play like Neymar or Hazard is a big joke.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Will Be Axed! (opinon) by abatically(m): 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
Three7Ty9:

I don't think so. Musa is our most dangerous player going forward, forget that he makes mistakes but that's what players like him do, miss some, score some. C ronaldo, di maria, sterling, willian, etc makes lot of mistakes but they are always trusted because they can change the game anytime. These are players that always have a run at defenders at almost any opportunity. We should be glad we have such player in the super eagles.

People should get off musa's d**k already and face the real players that are under performing. Musa deseve to start every game.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Checkout The Romantic Pictures Of Serana Williams And Boyfriend / France-born German Midfielder Confirms Desire To Play For Nigeria / Carlos "Kaiser" - The Best Football Player That Never Played A Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.