Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,645 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? (63404 Views)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / For Sale, 2-plots Lands @ Bayeku Gbogbo Ikorodu Ared Lagos Nigeria. / Ambassage Properties Advantages-Allocatn of plots to Harmony Gardens Subscribers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by Lavidah: 7:01am On Nov 16, 2014
Can someone kindly help us out on how the actual size of a plot or piece of land can be rightly converted from feet or square feet (e.g 127feet x 100feet, or 100ft x 50ft) to square metres (e.g 1200sqm, or 850sqm) and vice versa. Also, which of this two measuring units is more suitable for use in stating the actual size or measurement of lands/plots? Examples and the basic calculations would be helpful.
Thanks.
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by omoajiri(m): 7:27am On Nov 16, 2014
1 meter is approximately 3.3 feet so your normal 60 by 120 feet plot is 18 by 36 meters.
To get the area, use your elementary arithmetic by multiplying the length by the breadth, so for a 18 by 36 meters plot you have 648sqm.
The above solved problem is as a result of the widely used imperial system of measurement by Nigerian artisans as against the S.I units of measurement by the learned/ professional circle.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by Lavidah: 7:50am On Nov 16, 2014
Thank you omoajiri. So going by your explanation, a plot of land, say 127ft by 100ft would be approximately equal to 1166sqm.
Pls, which of the measuring units in your opinion, is more suitable in stating the size of plots here in Nigeria. Thanks again.
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by josite: 2:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
thanks.kindly help me convert 920.73 yards used in lagos in the early 60's to present day square metere.GOD BLESS.
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by omoajiri(m): 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
Lavidah:
Thank you omoajiri. So going by your explanation, a plot of land, say 127ft by 100ft would be approximately equal to 1166sqm.
Pls, which of the measuring units in your opinion, is more suitable in stating the size of plots here in Nigeria. Thanks again.

Start by converting the ft to meters.
127ft= 42.3m
100ft= 33.3m
Sqm= 42.3×33.3 = 1408.59sqm

Your audience determines in what units you will discuss with them. I use imperial system (inches, feet) when discussing with artisans, omo oni iles and tradesmen but S.I (mm, cm, meters) when discussing with professionals and highly lettered people.
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by mufutau55(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
I use this site to convert from metres to feet and vice-versa. Very simple to use.
To get square meters or square feet, just multiply the length by the width.

To convert metres to feet or feet to metres:
http://www.metric-conversions.org/length/meters-to-feet.htm

And to convert millimeters to inches or feet use this site:
https://www.google.com/#q=what+is+900mm+in++feet

Hajji M.
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by kola42: 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
Pls I want ask is 324m land full or half plot
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2017
kola42:
Pls I want ask is 324m land full or half plot

That is half plot.
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by Olaskee007: 9:21am On Nov 10, 2017
Please can someone shared a light to my confusion. Just bought a land 2 plot and is stated the land is 60 by 120 per plot.

Then I was told the total size of the land is 120 by 120 at first I didn't understand what he meant by that.

But then am just doing some calculation I notice the land should be 120 by 240 right since is two plot.

But calculating the area with my research.

18m x 36m is a plot 2hich means 36m x 72m is two both result gives me 14.400smq if am correct that is.

Please can someone share a light pls

Thanks in advance
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by monchazfarms: 10:36am On Nov 10, 2017
Olaskee007:
Please can someone shared a light to my confusion. Just bought a land 2 plot and is stated the land is 60 by 120 per plot.

Then I was told the total size of the land is 120 by 120 at first I didn't understand what he meant by that.

But then am just doing some calculation I notice the land should be 120 by 240 right since is two plot.

But calculating the area with my research.

18m x 36m is a plot 2hich means 36m x 72m is two both result gives me 14.400smq if am correct that is.

Please can someone share a light pls

Thanks in advance

If they sell 60 * 120 as a plot,then two plots should be 120 * 120 because they maintained one side as a constant and the other a variable.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by Boland(m): 4:27am On Jan 05, 2018
omoajiri:

Start by converting the ft to meters.
127ft= 42.3m
100ft= 33.3m
Sqm= 42.3×33.3 = 1408.59sqm

Your audience determines in what units you will discuss with them. I use imperial system (inches, feet) when discussing with artisans, omo oni iles and tradesmen but S.I (mm, cm, meters) when discussing with professionals and highly lettered people.
Can you kindly help a brother out on how to caclculate in Millmeters and Centimeters? Thanks.
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 05, 2018
Boland:
Can you kindly help a brother out on how to caclculate in Millmeters and Centimeters? Thanks.

What do you want to calculate in millimeters or centimeters?
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by omoajiri(m): 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
Boland:

My brother, the trick is to have the elementary convention tables available at the back of primary exercise note books in mind and you will get the logic.
Always remember that the units are thus:

Millimeters (mm) = 1000
Centimeters (CM)= 100
Decimeter (dm) = 10
Meters (m) = 1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by rsneha(f): 10:20am On Nov 28, 2018
thanks
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by rsneha(f): 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
mufutau55:
I use this site to convert from metres to feet and vice-versa. Very simple to use.
To get square meters or square feet, just multiply the length by the width.

To convert metres to feet or feet to metres:
http://www.metric-conversions.org/length/meters-to-feet.htm

And to convert millimeters to inches or feet use this site:
https://www.google.com/#q=what+is+900mm+in++feet

Hajji M.
Thanks or You can also try this site https://www.easyunitconverter.com/meters-to-feet to convert all types of measurements.
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by mufutau55(m): 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
rsneha:

Thanks or You can also try this site https://www.easyunitconverter.com/meters-to-feet to convert all types of measurements.

Ok Thanks. Very useful too.

Hajji M.
Re: How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? by jigabanty(m): 12:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
Pls sir. 300ft by 300ft is how many plot of land?

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / How Much Is Your House Rent / How To Construct Concrete Facial For Your Parapet Roof Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.