Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,592 members, 7,827,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

The Convict, The Broken And The Storyteller Cbs.......the Intro. . - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Convict, The Broken And The Storyteller Cbs.......the Intro. . (524 Views)

The Convict, The Broken And The Storyteller. ...episode 1 (the Intro) / The Broken Oath - A Short Story / The Convict, The Broken And The Storyteller(cbs).....a New Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Convict, The Broken And The Storyteller Cbs.......the Intro. . by barcaboi(m): 11:54am On Nov 16, 2014
The Convict
For someone who grew up idolizing the heroes in comics; Batman, Superman, Spiderman and the likes; Tobi wondered how he ended up a villain, the exact opposite of his dream. He drank the cup of beer in front of him. His life flashed before him and he could feel tears fighting to make its way down his face but he fought it back. He remembered just like yesterday.
A playboy to the core; different girls graced his bed often and he could never be caught dead with just anyone. Ladies from wealthy parents and beauties were at his beck and call. Tobi was quite handsome, a smooth talker and had a good job too; traits that attracted the ladies like bees. He was quite principled and never went beyond his limit. He never dated his friend’s girls or ex-girlfriends, no married woman could sway him. He was respected for that.
Life was going so well until he met her. The lady behind his predicament; the cause of his pain. He took a sip of his beer and ordered another bottle. He reminisced about how it all went from good to bad, from grace to grass. Cynthia; that was her name. She had walked into a party, organised by his boss, and had captured everybody’s attention. She had a body of a goddess if you can call it that; a sumptuous bust and hips to match. A body that would give Toolz a run for her money, he thought. She had swayed provocatively, aware of the stares, towards his boss. He knew she was trouble from that moment.
‘And I’ll like to honour someone‘, his boss said drawing everyone’s attention, ‘who has been dedicated to the company‘. Everybody whispered looking at each other.
Everyone including Tobi listened as Mr Alabi, his boss, sang the ‘unknown’ person’s praise.
‘Mr Tobi Kehinde, please step forward‘, his boss said looking straight at him. He almost did not hear his name. He had shock written all over him. People applauded as he made his way to the front.
‘On behalf of my family and I, I present this car key to you‘, Mr Alabi said. Tobi could not believe his ears. It felt like a dream.
He got a lot of hugs and pat on the back for a job well done. He felt on top of the world. Hard work and honesty had brought him that far.
‘Congrats‘, a sweet voice said behind him. Tobi turned to acknowledge the person and behold it was the cynosure of all eyes.
‘Thanks, I appreciate‘, and he stretched his hands to her but she opted for a hug instead. He felt awkward but he composed himself.
‘You smell good’, she said and he could swear that he blushed. Did she just flirt with me, he thought.
‘You guys have met’, Mr Alabi joined them, ‘Tobi, meet Cynthia Uju who will be the Managing Director of the company and my wife‘. That shocked him because they all knew Mrs Alabi. Rumour had it that they had divorced. Guess it’s true then, Tobi mused.
‘You are welcome ma‘, he said hiding his surprise. They talked for few minutes and everybody departed. He had noticed the way Cynthia was looking at him but he pushed the thought off thinking it was just the alcohol playing tricks on him.
Life under his new MD started with no issues. He was beginning to like the way she handled the business side of things. Their working relationship was devoid of drama albeit for careless touches here and there from her but he did not read too much meaning into it.
‘Let’s meet at the company’s hotel later in the day‘, Cynthia informed Tobi after the day’s job, ‘and bring along that file with you‘.
‘Okay ma’, he replied, ‘what of the other file‘.
‘Do bring it along’, she replied and departed; swaying seductively all the way. Something erotic sneaked into his mind but he brushed it off. He planned to ring one of his babes to release the pent up sexual tension in his body. Office duty first, he thought sadly and made his way home.
Later in the day, he made his way into the hotel. He was simply dressed; a red Polo shirt on blue jeans. He made his way to the executive lounge where he suspected she would be. A waiter directed him to the room. He felt uneasy but since business had been transacted in the hotel many times, he let his fears go.
‘Come in’, Cynthia answered as he knocked. He walked in to an atmosphere that does not exactly describe ‘business’. He took his seat by the bed cautious of his environment. ‘Wanted’ by Tiwa Savage was playing on the stereo.
‘Welcome’, Cynthia said looking at him seductively.
‘These are the files you requested for‘, he said in his business voice.
‘What drink should I offer you?’, she said oblivious to what he was saying.
‘I’m okay’, he replied.
‘No, I insist‘, she replied and poured him wine, ‘everyone deserves a break’.
He accepted the wine and sipped as they got down to business. He tried to keep his eyes off Cynthia’s cleavage. She smiled knowing the effect she was having on him. She excused herself while Tobi dropped the drink. This drink wan put me for wahala, he thought composing himself but what he saw next stunned him.
Cynthia was now in a revealing lingerie. Tobi practically drooled.
She seized that moment to walk towards him. He tried talking some sense into her but she was already kissing him and he found himself responding. His brain was shut; no thought came to mind. She had planned it well. They tore at each other hungrily and his shirt was off in few seconds. She was driving him crazy and he could not think. The very thing he would never be caught dead doing.
She went for the belt to his jeans when a small bit of sanity came back. He tore away from her. She looked flushed and ready for him on the bed. I can’t do this, he tried to compose himself.
‘I’m dying to have you take me to paradise‘, Cynthia said unhooking her bra. It took all fibre of his being to avoid her.
‘No‘, he said forcefully, ‘this is not right’.
‘Come here joor‘, she pleaded curling herself seductively.
Tobi grabbed his shirt and fled the room leaving behind the files. He was aroused but his brain took over and not until he got home did he relax. Tension was oozing all over him.
‘That was a close call’, he thought, ‘na God save me’.
He thought all was over until he got to the office and the files he was supposed to tender at the board meeting were missing. He was relaxed since he remembered dropping the files with Cynthia. But he got a shocker. She denied seeing the file.
‘MD, abeg no play o‘, Tobi said to Cynthia with plea, ‘that file is worth a lot’.
‘I know, that’s why you have to produce it‘, she feigned ignorance of ever seeing the file. She was acting strangely.
Just then Mr Alabi entered with some men.
‘Tobi, you have disappointed me‘, he said, ‘I trusted you. Arrest this man’.
‘What?’, Tobi was dumbfounded, ‘is this a joke?’.
‘You’re under arrest for attempted rape and also for manipulation of company’s digits‘, one of the men said. He was shocked.
‘Rape? Wait wait’, he said trying to act calm, ‘I’ll prove that this is a big joke. The files are with her for proof‘. Everything was going too fast; spiralling out of control.
He was whizzed to the station and his plea fell on deaf ears. Hotel attendants testified that they saw him leave the hotel room without his shirt. In just a day; his life went from grace to grass. He was charged to court and everything he owned was stripped from him.

The links: www.realyans./2014/10/01/the-convict-the-broken-and-the-storyteller-links-to-the-part/

Twitter: @yopeolu

(1) (Reply)

The Legend Of The Brainwizard—gozkybrain / The Famished Road By Ben Okri / To The Lord Of Light - A Poem By Bruce-daniel Oluwabenga Ayodeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.