Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Customary/native Laws And Culture Should Be Abolished. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Customary/native Laws And Culture Should Be Abolished. (779 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / The Difference Between Customary Law Marriage And Statutory Marriage. / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Customary/native Laws And Culture Should Be Abolished. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
I think with the drastic increment in civilization/modernization native laws like sharia law, killing of criminal, sheding blood of uninvestigated suspect, ritual rites among others. What do you think?
Re: Customary/native Laws And Culture Should Be Abolished. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
Microflux:
I think with the drastic increment in civilization/modernization native laws like sharia law, killing of criminal, sheding blood of uninvestigated suspect, ritual rites among others. What do you think?
Not every thing is bad. Take the good, drop the bad. Modern laws do not cover everything. There are also dispute resolution mechanisms in traditions that are more accessible, that serve more people than modern ones.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Nigerian Girl Remains Happy- attorney Kendryck Etutu (USA) / My Son’s Emergence, Fulfilment Of Prophecy Foretold – Father Of Ooni-elect / Why Do African Parents Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.