Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,205 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:14 PM

... - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / ... (6943 Views)

SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!! Male St. Bernard Puppy For Sale / Caucasians, Moscow Watchdog And St Bernard Puppies For Sale. / Latest arrival from Bsquared kennels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Apitch(m): 7:36pm On May 19, 2015
In as much as this is not my biz, I have a seperate beef.
So this is why someone can't own a cute dog without paying through his nose(plenty agents)-issorai
Secondly see what the so-called breeders are doing but if a dog owner tries to breed or mentions dog and biz in the same sentence, all hell will let loose
My oga Arcbay, u see the difference between ur type of breeder and others! Also ur passion!
Breeding is not about mating dogs or selling dogs
I respect only one breeder here and he's Arcbay though we disagree more than we agree but he's the only breeder I can call a breeder maybe beacause I don't know other breeders program like Chukky234 but for U dog merchants claiming breeders, una dey on a long thing
P.S I'm not allergic to beef so keep it coming if my words offend U

2 Likes

Re: ... by bsquaredkennels(m): 7:45pm On May 19, 2015
I just got off the phone with Bobbysaxy. Let this issue slide.....
This is going to be my last comment on this issue, let sellers of dogs be careful how they market. Make sure to do a good background check on the dog you are marketing and possibly mention the name of the breeder of the dog. You don't have to put the breeders phone no. So that the whole deal can go through you so as to get your middle man cut and am of the opinion that you should inform the breeder of the dog that you are marketing for him, as chucky234 did with me.
For purposes of clarity I have never uploaded this particular dogs pictures on any website be it Facebook or any other let alone advertising her for sale. The picture must have been copied from my dp and the mischief makers copied it and circulated it! Topdogs in ilorin can testify to what am saying he once advertise a dog I was keeping just like this st bernard, I saw it on his dp and called his attention to the fact that the dog is not for sale, he apologized and told me he got it from someone who told him it was for sale. No doubt such thing happens but how you address when confronted with it matters.
One love guys.

1 Like

Re: ... by arcbay(m): 12:09pm On May 20, 2015
Apitch:
So this is why someone can't own a cute dog without paying through his nose(plenty agents)-issorai
Secondly see what the so-called breeders are doing but if a dog owner tries to breed or mentions dog and biz in the same sentence, all hell will let loose
My oga Arcbay, u see the difference between ur type of breeder and others! Also ur passion!
I respect only one breeder here and he's Arcbay though we disagree more than we agree but he's the only breeder I can call a breeder maybe beacause I don't know other breeders program like Chukky234 but for U dog merchants claiming breeders, una dey on a long thing

Hey bruh, thanks so much. I feel so honored. There are also a lot of reputable breeders in here too, the likes of PRODEEGEE, SLIMBONE, OLUOMOADEBAYO, CHUCKY and all. I give kudos to them. I didn't just get to this mark in one day, it took a lot of effort, sweat, tears and pains, although there were gains attached too...

The only problem I see with most breeders is that they don't get their priorities right. They overlook "breeding" in the real context, ignore standards instead substitute the love for dogs for the love for money...

I made a vow sometimes through my career, that I will never bring a kid to this world to suffer...If you don't have a passion for pets, why then go into it? Even the bible is against it. So for me, my dogs comes first before any other thing, I see them as my kids and wards...If I fail them in any way, then I've failed as a father...

As regards the issue of reselling pups or helping others to quicken the sale of theirs just for their cut, i'm indifferent about that...I've done it in the past but sometimes along the line, I concluded that it isn't worth the time and trouble. You go through a lot of stress and follow-up calls and on the long run the highest you can chalk out for urself by reselling a fellow breeder's pup, say GSD, can't be more than 10k at most. But the most important thing is dignity, I can vouch for my dogs but I can't say the same for every other breeder. I can only recommend breeders, but not the breed. Because you might later nail me for a dog that you bought that later turns out badly bred.

Also, some breeders do a little of buying and reselling, so as to get a regular flow of income to keep their kennel running. I can't blame them for that too. I have a regular source of income but that doesn't mean I should criticize those that don't. So I believe everyone have their ways, we can't be the same.

My only plea to pet handlers and breeder alike, is that we should shy away from promoting impure and badly bred dogs. If at all we must resell a dog from another source, we should endeavor to find out the purity of the dam and sire and ensure we notify buyers of the true lineage of the dog in question.

Let us live for a better canine world, together we can build a standard for Nigerian Canines...LOVE YOU ALL

3 Likes

Re: ... by Apitch(m): 12:26pm On May 20, 2015
arcbay:

Hey bruh, thanks so much. I feel so honored. There are also a lot of reputable breeders in here too, the likes of PRODEEGEE, SLIMBONE, OLUOMOADEBAYO, CHUCKY and all. I give kudos to them. I didn't just get to this mark in one day, it took a lot of effort, sweat, tears and pains, although there were gains attached too...

The only problem I see with most breeders is that they don't get their priorities right. They overlook "breeding" in the real context, ignore standards instead substitute the love for dogs for the love for money...

I made a vow sometimes through my career, that I will never bring a kid to this world to suffer...If you don't have a passion for pets, why then go into it? Even the bible is against it. So for me, my dogs comes first before any other thing, I see them as my kids and wards...If I fail them in any way, then I've failed as a father...

As regards the issue of reselling pups or helping others to quicken the sale of theirs just for their cut, i'm indifferent about that...I've done it in the past but sometimes along the line, I concluded that it isn't worth the time and trouble. You go through a lot of stress and follow-up calls and on the long run the highest you can chalk out for urself by reselling a fellow breeder's pup, say GSD, can't be more than 10k at most. But the most important thing is dignity, I can vouch for my dogs but I can't say the same for every other breeder. I can only recommend breeders, but not the breed. Because you might later nail me for a dog that you bought that later turns out badly bred.

Also, some breeders do a little of buying and reselling, so as to get a regular flow of income to keep their kennel running. I can't blame them for that too. I have a regular source of income but that doesn't mean I should criticize those that don't. So I believe everyone have their ways, we can't be the same.

My only plea to pet handlers and breeder alike, is that we should shy away from promoting impure and badly bred dogs. If at all we must resell a dog from another source, we should endeavor to find out the purity of the dam and sire and ensure we notify buyers of the true lineage of the dog in question.

Let us live for a better canine world, together we can build a standard for Nigerian Canines...LOVE YOU ALL
Chucky confirmed he's not a breeder but a dog owner like me but has enough knowledge on dogs
I see Prodeegee as a rehab guy than a breeder, like ceaser (make ur head no big o)
Oluomoadebayo is another good breeder I forgot maybe cos he's not as active as before
Slimbone I don't know
But in all my definition of a breeder is when you try to modify a breed for good and ALWAYS maintain standard. Oluomoadebayo once had a pup that the tail wasn't ok by him and he didn't want to sell it so as not to pollute the breed but rather wished it won't be used for breeding, that's what I respect in breeders not just by importing dogs and for that, the pups are all ok
Anyway that's my own opinion
Re: ... by Petfreak: 2:40pm On May 20, 2015
Bobby saxy, it's ok, please let it go. Bsquare, please also let it go. Bobby saxy reacted that way cos he was called a "scammer". Any one will react the way he did too. I think we shud all learn to be slow in jumping into conclusion. He never fraud any1, it's jst a misunderstanding. Some1 sent the picture to him 4rm Jos that the dog is available for sale and he put up the advert, not knowing it's not for sale. One lession I want us to learn is " to confirm the authencity and availability of a pix of any dog we wanna advertise b4 we upload the pix of the dog for sale. Bobby saxy, next time it will be best to just simply explain urself 1st like u later did b4 arguing, u would've cleared the issue long b4 now. With all I've typed, I wanna plead to "Bsquare, Bobby saxy and all petlanders" to just let this issue go. We are one big happy family. (i.e it's all about pets).

......Pets are not pests cool

1 Like

Re: ... by chucky234(m): 2:58pm On May 20, 2015
Apitch:
I don't why people keep referring to me as a breeder, hmmm I'm not a breeder but a die-hard dog lover.
I'm not a dog marketer either, biko I don sell dogs ooooo.
Re: ... by Prodeegee(m): 4:09pm On May 20, 2015
Apitch:

Anyway that's my own opinion

Apitch, I'm sure u and I have had arguments on the true definition of a breeder. 

According to wikipedia, 

A breeder is a person who practices the vocation of mating carefully selected specimens of the same breed to reproduce specific, consistently replicable qualities and characteristics. 

This doesn't concern whether they get involved in reselling or not. As long as their breeding result remain excellent. 

That said, I rehabilitate dogs. Bring them from bad environments and show them what real love is. Scared dogs, shy dogs, traumatised dogs and all. Sometimes I rehabilitate and keep, other times I sell. 

Example was when people complained about magpies' dog. I came out to proove the dog is a good one that just isn't in the best condition. I resold the dog to sledjama. He can testify what a lovely dog he has now. 

It's not always about the profit. Tho I've not gotten my expectations in breeding. But not all cloths are meant to be sundried. 

The question is, if we only promote good dogs, where do the 'non-pedigree' go? What exactly are we breeders for if we discriminate? 

I respect you, and every other breeder/lover/owner here. The only people who disgust me are the ones who maltreat dogs. ‎

4 Likes

Re: ... by Apitch(m): 7:44pm On May 20, 2015
@Prodeegee! Our arguements has always been on dog biz not breeders and with this def, how many breeders here can be defined that way.
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 31, 2015
Prodeegee:

Apitch, I'm sure u and I have had arguments on the true definition of a breeder. 

According to wikipedia, 

A breeder is a person who practices the vocation of mating carefully selected specimens of the same breed to reproduce specific, consistently replicable qualities and characteristics. 

This doesn't concern whether they get involved in reselling or not. As long as their breeding result remain excellent. 

That said, I rehabilitate dogs. Bring them from bad environments and show them what real love is. Scared dogs, shy dogs, traumatised dogs and all. Sometimes I rehabilitate and keep, other times I sell. 

Example was when people complained about magpies' dog. I came out to proove the dog is a good one that just isn't in the best condition. I resold the dog to sledjama. He can testify what a lovely dog he has now. 

It's not always about the profit. Tho I've not gotten my expectations in breeding. But not all cloths are meant to be sundried. 

The question is, if we only promote good dogs, where do the 'non-pedigree' go? What exactly are we breeders for if we discriminate? 

I respect you, and every other breeder/lover/owner here. The only people who disgust me are the ones who maltreat dogs. ‎

Good to hear about magpies, now i can get to know the actual date of birth of my dog.

1 Like

Re: ... by Prodeegee(m): 5:57pm On May 31, 2015
sledjama:

Good to hear about magpies, now i can get to know the actual date of birth of my dog.

Double kudos to you bro...lovely dog.

And yeah, magpies is d original father of your dog.
Re: ... by Moana(f): 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
Re: ... by KingTom(m): 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
Moana:
Kingtom grin wetin u wan know again?
Where you from oooooo grin
Re: ... by Moana(f): 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
Re: ... by KingTom(m): 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
Moana:

I got the gist since, I just dey pull your legs grin
Re: ... by Moana(f): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
KingTom:
I got the gist since, I just dey pull your legs grin

see your life ehn. Do u still want to repost the pinshures grin
Re: ... by KingTom(m): 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
Moana:

Which pics kwanu? shocked
Re: ... by Moana(f): 8:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
KingTom:

remember you posted and deleted them before i saw them?
Re: ... by KingTom(m): 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
[quote author=Moana post=35603648][/quote]No I meant they were deleted from my phone grin
Re: ... by chucky234(m): 3:54am On Jul 08, 2015
KingTom:
No I meant they were deleted from my phone grin
You don reach here
Re: ... by KingTom(m): 7:36am On Jul 08, 2015
chucky234:
You don reach here
Na woman things o, I no know how she drag me reach this Una comment and ban section grin
Re: ... by chucky234(m): 8:22am On Jul 08, 2015
KingTom:
Na woman things o, I no know how she drag me reach this Una comment and ban section grin
hehehehe you never leave women alone, I dey watch you like vulture.
By the way you see Khiaa around.
Re: ... by Moana(f): 8:32am On Jul 08, 2015
KingTom:
No I meant they were deleted from my phone grin
cry
Re: ... by KingTom(m): 8:41am On Jul 08, 2015
chucky234:
Haven't seen her in a while smiley
Re: ... by KingTom(m): 8:42am On Jul 08, 2015
Moana:
cry
How far? grin
Re: ... by Moana(f): 8:43am On Jul 08, 2015
KingTom:
How far? grin
i dey o grin how body?
Re: ... by KingTom(m): 8:46am On Jul 08, 2015
Moana:
i dey o grin how body?
Inside Lab coat grin Rain is falling, A. C is blowing, people are coming and going grin Some are dying cry the hospital is crumbling, the streets are tiring, the town is boring, A nurse is talking, her breasts are heaving, my lipsrsealed is rising shocked shocked And yeah, I'm typing grin grin grin
Re: ... by Moana(f): 8:50am On Jul 08, 2015
KingTom:
Inside Lab coat grin Rain is falling, A. C is blowing, people are coming and going grin Some are dying cry the hospital is crumbling, the streets are tiring, the town is boring, A nurse is talking, her breasts are heaving, my lipsrsealed is rising shocked shocked And yeah, I'm typing grin grin grin[/
see ashiii grin lipsrsealed any patients with worms or millipedes today
Re: ... by RobinHez(m): 9:41am On Jul 08, 2015
KingTom:
Inside Lab coat grin Rain is falling, A. C is blowing, people are coming and going grin Some are dying cry the hospital is crumbling, the streets are tiring, the town is boring, A nurse is talking, her breasts are heaving, my lipsrsealed is rising shocked shocked And yeah, I'm typing grin grin grin
u see ur life? grin
Re: ... by chucky234(m): 10:07am On Jul 08, 2015
KingTom:
Haven't seen her in a while smiley
Make I go search for her
Re: ... by khiaa(f): 10:37am On Jul 08, 2015
chucky234:

Hi luv.
Re: ... by chucky234(m): 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2015
khiaa:

Hi luv.
Honey where have you been?
Re: ... by KingTom(m): 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2015
Moana:
see ashiii grin lipsrsealed any patients with worms or millipedes today
E don dey dey grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Managing Sloan - My Fawn GSD Mix / Bullmastiffs,Bullmastiffs,Bullmastiffs / Lovely Pets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.