Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student (3023 Views)

Mathematics/stastistics Vs Mechanical Engineering / I Need A Job In Your Company As Mechanical Engr. Please Help. / ...university Or Polythecnic Graduate For An Engineering Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by deewon56: 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
i would like us to give sincerity says to this:different btw polytechnic mech engr student and university mech engr student....
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by kkkap: 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
deewon56:
i would like us to give sincerity says to this:different btw polytechnic mech engr student and university mech engr student....
One comes out with HND while the other with Bsc
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by laykhorn(m): 9:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
Let me start by telling you that Engineering has 4 Cadres... Engineers, Technologist, Technicians and Craftmen.
First, when you attend a Uni as an Engineering Student, you become an Engineer and when you attend a poly or its equivalent and graduate after a Higher Diploma, you will become a Technologist.

The functions of an Engineer is different to that of a Technologist which makes them unequal but can be equivalent.(Apologies)
Second, most polytechnics do not really have broader options compared to Unis and isnt really dynamic but they are known to be good at getting their hands on Machines, tools and equipments more and better than Latter.
I dont want to bring up issues that may seem discriminatory or even insultive... No Offence meant.
In all, its better to attend a poly and finish up with a degree.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by deewon56: 6:46am On Nov 17, 2014
laykhorn:
its better to attend a poly and finish up with a degree.
you view on this sir,is it dat poly student get more technical experience dan university?
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by laykhorn(m): 6:55am On Nov 17, 2014
deewon56:
you view on this sir,is it dat poly student get more technical experience dan university?
First, with a ND you are capable of handling most 2nd year courses in most Unis.
Second, you are more exposed from the experience which helps in your career and studies.
Lastly, you are supposedly allowed to work more with the tools, equipments and machines as a Technician to be and maybe Technologist with HND than the colleagues in Unis. i think most Unis are already changing that though.
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by deewon56: 9:47am On Nov 17, 2014
laykhorn:

First, with a ND you are capable of handling most 2nd year courses in most Unis.
Second, you are more exposed from the experience which helps in your career and studies.
Lastly, you are supposedly allowed to work more with the tools, equipments and machines as a Technician to be and maybe Technologist with HND than the colleagues in Unis. i think most Unis are already changing that though.
wao dats nice,plz sir,permit me 2 ask ds questn:whc skul du attend 4 study nd wat course?
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by laykhorn(m): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
deewon56:
wao dats nice,plz sir,permit me 2 ask ds questn:whc skul du attend 4 study nd wat course?
I am a student like yourself sir!
I am a 300L student of Computer Engineering at FUOYE
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by deewon56: 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
laykhorn:

I am a student like yourself sir!
I am a 300L student of Computer Engineering at FUOYE
dats nice,am a newly admittd 2 study mech engr in polyibadan.
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by laykhorn(m): 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
deewon56:
dats nice,am a newly admittd 2 study mech engr in polyibadan.
Welcome and as you expect it, It would be difficult but keep ur head tight and expect more difficulty because this is 'engineering'. All the best
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by deewon56: 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
laykhorn:

Welcome and as you expect it, It would be difficult but keep ur head tight and expect more difficulty because this is 'engineering'. All the best
hmm...alrt bro thou i learnd computer emgr as vocational work.
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by laykhorn(m): 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
deewon56:
hmm...alrt bro thou i learnd computer emgr as vocational work.
A misconception or do I say misinformation. Thats not Computer Engineering, thats computer system repairs. Wiki should help...
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by deewon56: 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
laykhorn:

A misconception or do I say misinformation. Thats not Computer Engineering, thats computer system repairs. Wiki should help...
is dia diffrnt btw dat?
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by laykhorn(m): 1:17am On Nov 18, 2014
deewon56:
is dia diffrnt btw dat?

LOL! Its like saying Mechanical Engineers repair cars when even 99% of graduates cant do it. Things have gone much more advanced than calling Mech Eng. Car repairers, not even Automotive Engineering would take that cos they deal with all forms of transport likewise 99.9% of Computer Engineers dont repair laptops... Wikipedia will tell you what they do. Just google Computer Engineering and tell me one branch you can flex your muscles
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by deewon56: 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
laykhorn:

LOL! Its like saying Mechanical Engineers repair cars when even 99% of graduates cant do it. Things have gone much more advanced than calling Mech Eng. Car repairers, not even Automotive Engineering would take that cos they deal with all forms of transport likewise 99.9% of Computer Engineers dont repair laptops... Wikipedia will tell you what they do. Just google Computer Engineering and tell me one branch you can flex your muscles
i get wat u wer sayn#naw relief
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by sogodihno: 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2014
Quoting one of my lecturer
University Engineering teach u, how to tink, while poly engineering teach u how to work. No offence intended
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by deewon56: 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
sogodihno:
Quoting one of my lecturer
University Engineering teach u, how to tink, while poly engineering teach u how to work. No offence intended
whch 1 is beta?
Re: Different Between University &polythecnic Mechanical Engr Student by deewon56: 8:38am On Dec 12, 2014
let keep ds rum bak alive

(1) (Reply)

Possible Tribalism In Banks / Cisa June 2008 Study Group. / Pls, Tips To Make First Class In OAU Is Needed. Great Ife, Am Looking Up To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.