Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Nigerian Music Industry - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Music Industry (601 Views)

Mavin Record Label Entertaiment Music Industry Nigeria Ltd. Are Looking For Youn / Does Listening To Nigerian Music While Reading Help Students Study Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Music Industry by gpdkingpin1(m): 7:54am On Nov 17, 2014
LEAVE YOUR MARK

I was on a bus, peacefully heading home after a tiresome day when suddenly, the speakers blared out “baby,  give it to me oh Sambisa…….if you give it to me I’ll feel like Van Vicker……….give it to me oh Sambisa!”

I was startled, how can a human make a triviality of such a serious issue, who was the producer, director and writer of this sorry excuse for music? But, more importantly, who aired is on the radio. How does the kidnapping of over 200 girls have any similarity with the way ‘a girl is giving you it?’

This utterly depicts our music industry!!! How sad I stumbled upon a pic on twitter that posited that Nigerian music follow a regular pattern of “calling producer’s name”, “dem dey feel am for <somewhere in Lagos>”, “the way she dey make me feel”, “lelelelelele or any other obnoxious slang”, “the end”, HOW TRUE AND STEREOTYPIC!!!!

Sugarcane nor be bamboo!

Skiboropopo!

Kalangolo!

Yebariba samboribobo! 

Disco peperempe!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying we have to be ‘britiko’ or ‘yankee-ish’ about this but there should be a little reasoning when making a track.

Yea, you’re probably thinking but only ‘commercial songs’ make rave and accrue profit but you’ll agree with me that everyone wants to leave a mark on the sands of times, to be a trail blazer, how can you do so with “baby give it to me oh Sambisa” huh? Yea, now you’re getting my point

This explains why people still have ‘African queen’ by Tu Face Idibia on their phones and other multimedia devices but the once popular ‘free madness’ (what a title by the way) is now a thing of the past.

I saw online that a popular Nigerian artiste said he’s not going to feature in any “meaningless song” and it begs the question, does that intimate him not featuring in his own songs!! Just saying though.

Take this analogy, a music fanatic wakes up in the morning, before brushing listens to the Sambisa song, this goes on for years, and he finally decides that he’ll make a great musician, jumps into the studio and sings(that’s what he thinks he’s doing anyway), what quality of music would you expect from him? Garbage in garbage out!

Conclusively, I believe the encouragement of the teaching of music in secondary schools would aid this cause as the young folks would be exposed early to what good music entails and save our ears from Sambisa like songs.

I attended TWIST(true worship in spirit and truth), a programme organised by The Love Family and got to see individuals with melodious voices go through notes I never knew existed, what got me on my toes was when a guy who was sitting at my front; an albino, got up and led a choir to offer wonderful worship, it was splufic. My point here is if you’re musically gifted and you’re sitting opposite the article nodding your head in agreement or disagreement to all I’ve been saying, you gotta get up and do something with what God has deposited in you, stop complaining and make the change you can, I would have grabbed my guitar and started making good music but, my voice sounds like a broken record( yes, it’s that bad). So go out, and be a ‘voice’ of change and leave your mark.            

JOSEPH  GOD’SPOWER.
Re: Nigerian Music Industry by jobberman247: 10:48am On Nov 17, 2014
LMAO...

u are damn ryt......

these wack musicians no go let person hear word wit der nonsensical lyrics...

Give it to me oooo sambisa grin grin

Give it to me oooo Shekau grin grin
Re: Nigerian Music Industry by corperscorner: 10:52am On Nov 17, 2014
I wish we could beg them to stop singing...

The day I heard one track,,,,I was close to tears...

The dude was like: "Omode yi fe leba leba, aah o fe leba leba. Mara motor fun e o...to ba leba leba" W.T.F

I kept asking myself what Leba Leba culd possibly mean...probably another slang for sex......who knws
Re: Nigerian Music Industry by gpdkingpin1(m): 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
lol.

(1) (Reply)

. / Help Needed!!! Physics Assignment / No Lies, What Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.