Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams (7397 Views)

Is The Use Of 'o' (oh) In Place Of '0' (zero) In Telephone Numbers Acceptable? / Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools / 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by shawn123: 8:08am On Nov 28, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

Black people and their self-destructing ways.
Even amongst one 'tribe' u segregate yourselves, well done!

Its soo sad but this is the story with Nairaland, never sensed soo much hate within tribes in my life until i came to a forum which comprised of the whole of Naija. I wonder if its my generation on this forum though cos sometimes i feel totally out of place. I used to think tribalism died with our parents and their parents but its in us to.
We are quick to judge people based on their religion, tribe and not by action. Too much hate, jealousy and envy in our (black) society.
Imagine an educated Nigerian saying its becasue they are abokis? well i geuss exposure means alot.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by shawn123: 8:13am On Nov 28, 2008
*osisi:

he did?
typical aboki like behaviour grin
Tufia
no wonder westerners gave them their own state and pushed them towards the north grin

I wonder if we the westerners are any better, dont we all have our problems?
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by RibaduFan(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2008
@Funmi

I Know u ll find those postings funny. Now I've got one more rxn to hunt u down.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by Okijajuju1(m): 9:14am On Nov 28, 2008
O.k

Now let me act suprised shocked shocked shocked (I cant believe this, OMG!!)

O.k now back to reality, what did we expect from them??
As much as I will like to play the ndi hausa card, I should add that this situation is not peculiar to them alone o!!
Infact all teachers nationwide should be made to sit for Common Entrance Exacminations, and lets see the out come.

We are talking about topics like

Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
Highest Common Factor (HCF)
Simple and Compound Interest
Long Division
Singular nd Plural
Letter writing
Quantitative Aptitude
Reading and Comprehension
Fill in the blanks
e.t.c

I am absolutely not suprised. For those of you who have visited public schools especially in rural communities, would understand why I am not suprised. When a teachr cannot make a correct sentence in english.
The Headmaster at the school were my friend was posted to for his National Service, used to address the students in either Pidgin or their local dialect.

They should also test their secondary and "University/institutions of higher learning" teachers/lecturers and lets see the outcome.

Gosh!! I love this country. And we wnder why we have so many unemployed graduates.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by SegzyJoe(m): 9:46am On Nov 28, 2008
@DavidDylan
Bolaji Abdulahi is exceptionally brilliant guy, he used to work in the Int'l development sector, with exceptional grade in his first and masters degree from UK. Not that I know him in person but I have two brilliant minds that worked with him when he was in the development sector at differnt levels, both of them whom I met at different places testify that the guy is exceptionally brilliant.

I know most of our political actor today are con artist but there are few exception among them that are ok. I learnt Bolaji Abdulahi is the only one that can dare express his opinion (professionally) in Saraki's cabinet while the other commissioners and advisers will only chorus amen to the Gov's policies and decisions. At certain time it was said the man is the only one that can chage the Gov's mind on anything, because he's bold, articulate and professional. That's Bolaji for you.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by kemisuga(f): 9:59am On Nov 28, 2008
Why is Yemmy so Sorry?
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by BigBro(m): 11:30am On Nov 28, 2008
@osisi &co
I'm really sorry for narrow minded people like you whose level of ethnocentrism and sectionalism has made them blind and dollards in their assessment of issues.
where are the qualified teachers you were talking about in the south most of which cannot even speak good grammar but pigeon english? some of whom got into universities through cheating and all sorts of examination malpractices.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by okunoba(m): 11:38am On Nov 28, 2008
Shawn 123, u so right. We are so full of hate based on ethnicity. If we hate each other so much y do we complain about whites doing the same to us. I wish we could stop all this hatred. forgot to mention the no1, god this, god that then Hausa this, Hausa that followed by Yoruba this, Yoruba that, if u know what I mean. Lagos state water corporation, Anambra Water corporation, Sokoto water corporation, River Water corporation, what do they all have in common?  The floor is now open for ethnic bashing. Guys have a field day.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:50pm On Nov 28, 2008
okunoba:

Shawn 123, u so right. We are so full of hate based on ethnicity. If we hate each other so much y do we complain about whites doing the same to us. I wish we could stop all this hatred. forgot to mention the no1, god this, god that then Hausa this, Hausa that followed by Yoruba this, Yoruba that, if u know what I mean. Lagos state water corporation, Anambra Water corporation, Sokoto water corporation, River Water corporation, what do they all have in common? The floor is now open for ethnic bashing. Guys have a field day.

It is not just a Nigerian problem, but a black racial problem in general.
Even our North American cousins are here belittling themselves, imagine their are more black males in jail than there are in tertiary institutions in the United States.
Until we start loving our brothers we will continue to be doomed.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by kell4eva(m): 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2008
It's just a shame that teacher that set question for primary school pupil's could not pass the same text that they set for their student, men is just a shame,

but who is to blame? is it the authority?

Abeg make den let us know
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by angelina08(f): 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2008
It looks so embarrast to announce that must of our teachers are illitrates, in this case, let all private and public schools in this country take note of given test to unemployed teacher before employing them, so that it will not affect our children.

Let Government take note of that.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by RedHotChic(f): 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2008
shawn123:

These guys are yorubas o! i thought the hausa's were the only ones who are not school smart? Lol

how did you conclude they are yorubas? don't they have Fulani, Hausa and few ibo teachers in Kwara?. I can bet my last penny that none of the teachers that failed is Yoruba. We all know where they come from.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by RedHotChic(f): 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2008
shawn123:

Its soo sad but this is the story with Nairaland, never sensed soo much hate within tribes in my life until i came to a forum which comprised of the whole of Naija. I wonder if its my generation on this forum though because sometimes i feel totally out of place. I used to think tribalism died with our parents and their parents but its in us to.
We are quick to judge people based on their religion, tribe and not by action. Too much hate, jealousy and envy in our (black) society.
Imagine an educated Nigerian saying its becasue they are abokis? well i geuss exposure means alot.

You just did the same above. undecided
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by fanebof(m): 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2008
guyz never blame these teachers, @ least they tried their best[color=#006600][/color]
@least they scored zero, what if it's -1, ?
we u crucify them? my advice is just that pupils should be allowed to start giving these teachers home lesson and probably extra moral classes,
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by RedHotChic(f): 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2008
BigBro:

@osisi &co
I'm really sorry for narrow minded people like you whose level of ethnocentrism and sectionalism has made them blind and dollards in their assessment of issues.
where are the qualified teachers you were talking about in the south most of which cannot even speak good grammar but pigeon english? some of whom got into universities through cheating and all sorts of examination malpractices.

Yes, they usually spell 'dullards' like you. grin grin grin

Tally don increase to 261.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by RedHotChic(f): 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2008
angelina08:

It looks so embarrast to announce that must of our teachers are illitrates, in this case, let all private and public schools in this country take note of given test to unemployed teacher before employing them, so that it will not affect our children.

Let Government take note of that.

I'm just kidding.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by vislabraye(m): 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2008
To score zero percent is shocking, An abysmal failure. Verily verily the world is coming to an end. This is the eight wonder of the world. The publishers of Guiness Book Of records should take note
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by yusufally: 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2008
Alhaji Bolaji Abdullahi

This is a man who was appointed a commissioner,he did one good thing by asking the teachers to take the test,Kwarans have done theirs and its up to all the other states of the federation to do same and lets see if other states will do  a.

Honestly if you have an encounter with him like I did a few days ago,you will find out that he is truely a good intellect.

However,this is my own opinion.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by emma2002(m): 12:15am On Nov 29, 2008
GOOD TOPIC FOR DISCUSSION, NAH! FOR WEEPING BAD LOCATION FOR PUBLISHING. U GUYS SHOULD REMEMBER WE NEEDN'T WASH OUR DIRTY LINENS IN THE OPEN, EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE HAS GOT AT LEAST ONE.
FOR GOD SAKE TOPICS LIKE THIS, MODERATOR PLEASE SWING INTO ACTION BEFORE WE LOOSE EVERY IMAGE WE'VE GOT TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD.
I'M OUT![b][/b][size=8pt][/size][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by tomX1(m): 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2008
There realy is a degradation in the standard of education across the nation. Many primary school leavers and junior secondary school students these days can't even recite or write poetry. They read little or no literary pieces aside from those that form the school's curriculum. This to a large extent a failing on the part of the teachers and the schools.

I find it a little appaling when I read through dailies and magazines (which should be an ideal source for pupils to hone their reading and writing skills) only to find them fraught with grammatical and spelling errors. Our TV icons and public speakers don't do much better either.

In present day Nigeria there are, it seems, fewer motivations for the average pupil to build up their vocabulary. This should not be the case especialy when one considers the availability of novels and literrary works sold cheaply at most major bus stops, not to mention the availability of litrature on the internet. The reading culture is just not there. Pupils need to read wide to increase their knowledge. Some of these pupils are afterall the teachers of tommorrow.

Many of the present day teachers are people who probably took to the teaching proffesion not out of love for imparting knowledge and guidiance but for want of options. The schools also don't seem to do much to encourage reading on the part of the teachers or student.

In my primary school days our headmaster made it mandatory for all students to buy and read, regularly, literary works like "Adventures of Tom Sawyer", "2000 leagues under sea world", "A tale of two cities"  etc. We had book clubs and debating societies. During our recreational perionds and breaks we had TVs in the recreation rooms and dinning halls showing sesamestreet and other educative programs and documentaries.

Schools will need to do a lot of work to improve on the knowledge base of their student (our future teachers and leader) if there is to be any hope for a better Nigeria tommorrow. Parents should also do alot more to improve their childrens love for literature and historical pieces. My dad use to buy movies of such at least twice a week and made us watch them.
I already watched the movies of most of Shakespears work before I got to primary four.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by shetan: 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2008
How about a proffessor nominated to be screened by the senate for a ministerial post during OBJ's regime who couldn't sing the national anthem. Many of the people castigating those 259 teachers might not be able to scale through some primary four exams. Let's try all these jamb, neco exams and u will be amazed to see how many people will flunk it. Am not making excuses 4 those teachers. I believe they dont have any right to be found wanting in what they teach their students. But i chanllenge us to pick any of these neco, jamb questions and see if we will not sweat over them.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by phizman(m): 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2008
shetan:

How about a proffessor nominated to be screened by the senate for a ministerial post during OBJ's regime who couldn't sing the national anthem. Many of the people castigating those 259 teachers might not be able to scale through some primary four exams. Let's try all these jamb, neco exams and u will be amazed to see how many people will flunk it. Am not making excuses 4 those teachers. I believe they don't have any right to be found wanting in what they teach their students. But i chanllenge us to pick any of these neco, jamb questions and see if we will not sweat over them.

Dis topic na wa sha!!!
na pry 4 exam we dey talk so 4 259 teachers and they scored zero without a single mark,
no justification 4 their failure. I wonder wetin dem dey teach d pupils.

But they will use their influence to block d qualified ones making them unemployed.

Phizman,
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by Kweenisha: 1:05am On Nov 30, 2008
those kids being taught by the daft teachers will rule nigeria someday
alahu arched bar
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by Andala: 5:52am On Nov 30, 2008
Obviously these teachers passed out of the university through bribes as usual
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by uzygirl(f): 10:52am On Nov 30, 2008
RedHotChic:

how did you conclude they are yorubas? don't they have Fulani, Hausa and few ibo teachers in Kwara?

@ RedHotChick I totally agree with you.

Isn't it safe to assume that this problem is rife in rural communities in Nigeria?

While unqualified teachers are not uncommon in urban towns, it might not be as pronounced in the villages. I presume Kwara State has more rural areas than more developed states like Lagos, Delta or Rivers States. The problem is not tribalistic, all rural areas - east, west, north and south - seeemingly have a lower standard of education than their urban conterparts. Most people who served in these places can attest to this.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by ncpat(m): 1:11am On Dec 01, 2008
is not suprising at all if they got zero b`cos i watched a nigerian movie today being the 30th day november,2008.The movie was title THE KING AND I so there is this scene where the princess (CYNTHIA OKEREKE) had to remember back in the days at school when martins (EMEKE IKE) use to help her solve her assignment and it goes like this that she ran to martins for help on mathematics assignment and martins solve the maths by saying :
"5+4=9 then 9 x 7 =63 and 63 divided by 2 = 21 and 21 + x = 21x"

common men, those of you that knows maths very well, knows that 21 + x = x+21 or 21+x

so in a common sense all the crew of the movie including the director and which i believe EMEKA IKE and CYNTHIA OKEREKE is there too don`t know[b] 21+x[/b]
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 01, 2008
i'm from ilorin - i did my primary and tertiary education in kwara state - so i don't know what y'all are gettin on about - of course since most of you are tribalists -

do you think state schools from any part of the nation fare any better? the state school teachers from the east probably spend their time selling okrika. . .
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by dansmith1(m): 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2008
this is really sad, out of so many teachers, only FEW could pass a PRIMARY 4 exam.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by Soskid(m): 4:45am On Dec 03, 2008
na wa ooooooooooo. so many things dey happen 4 this naija wey we dey.
grin grin grin[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by lewinsky: 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2008
omo kwara people don enter trouble o, they need to ask alhaji how e pass hin own exam
grin
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2008
All of a sudden, Kwara is the dunghill packed to the brim and running over with illiterates.

I am from Kwara, and had my secondary education in Kwara. It isn't true that Kwara is filled with abokis - I'm a Yoruba guy. And Kwara isn't filled with teachers who can't defend their certificates either. Again, I had my secondary education in Kwara, so I know what I'm talking about.

Generalisations are dangerious. Please watch it.
Re: Kwara: 259 Teachers Score Zero In Pry 4 Exams by MP007(m): 9:39pm On Dec 03, 2008
259?, where are the others?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2014/2015 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Discussion Thread / ASUP Strike Called Off With No Demand Fulfilled? / Studying Abroad Using NECO Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.