Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Architecture Without Architects (pros And Cons) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Architecture Without Architects (pros And Cons) (662 Views)

The Wackiest Architecture In The World / Profile Of An Architects/builder With Sound Xperience / Any Architects In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Architecture Without Architects (pros And Cons) by eddytor: 3:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
Urbanism in the Nigerian construction climate is accelerating as a result of the need for housing. this brings me to asking the ultimate question. whose role is it to provide housing in Nigerian urban cities? well the answer is not far fetched. Its always the ARCHITECT. They are the professionally trained individuals whose primary obligation is to provide livable spaces for individuals as well as create pleasure in sight which ultimately gives our environment a pleasant outlook. "Achieving urban regeneration, environmental sustainability, and economic development requires the commitment of the designer, the client, political leaders, and society at large" those are not my words, but they are in sync with my claim.
there is a grave demand for housing (housing demand) which has not been correspondingly equaled with supply (housing supply) which suggests that there are not enough professionals to dispense housing to Nigerians. does this suggest that quacks should be patronized? the answer is NO.why we complain of building collapse, failed architectural aesthetics, uncomfortable building interiors, etc is largely to the fact that the architecture we have in our cities are products of ARCHITECTURE WITHOUT ARCHITECTS.

to sign up for change and better performances of your proposed buildings, always contact an architect. my name is Edwin Okosun (MTECH, BTECH) and i am here to offer you a chance between now and first quarter of 2015 for free consultancy service on your building design matters. contact me on eddokosun@gmail.com, +2348139470445, eddytor225 on skype,
Re: Architecture Without Architects (pros And Cons) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
The world over, only 5% of buildings are architect designed buildings, however, the country with the highest percentage of architect design buildings is the UK which is put at 40%.
Mr Eddy, your article makes someone in the field to look at you more as an Urban planner/designer rather than an architect.
A dive/deviation into Urban design by way of MSc, Mtech, ph.D degree won't hurt bro, but rather make you more of a '21st century architectural planner' (just my opinion tho)

Beautiful piece of writeup bro!

From Mike. (B.tech URP)
Re: Architecture Without Architects (pros And Cons) by eddytor: 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
I sincerely appreciate your post. but as it stands now in contemporary design of buildings and the environment, architecture is never to be seen as a complete "commodity" if it is not considered in relation to the environment. As you also know, the study of the environment is a scientific exercise, and science is complex; therefore there is a complex line of delineation between URBAN PLANNING AND ARCHITECTURE. I have acquired training enough to know that a building must be proposed with keen knowledge of statutory regulations concerning density control, setbacks and several issues concerning the environment. i hope i have been able to explain enough why architecture and Urbanism are inseparable entities.

I must commend your professionalism in the post you replied me with. keep up the good professional work.
Re: Architecture Without Architects (pros And Cons) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
eddytor:
I sincerely appreciate your post. but as it stands now in contemporary design of buildings and the environment, architecture is never to be seen as a complete "commodity" if it is not considered in relation to the environment. As you also know, the study of the environment is a scientific exercise, and science is complex; therefore there is a complex line of delineation between URBAN PLANNING AND ARCHITECTURE. I have acquired training enough to know that a building must be proposed with keen knowledge of statutory regulations concerning density control, setbacks and several issues concerning the environment. i hope i have been able to explain enough why architecture and Urbanism are inseparable entities.

I must commend your professionalism in the post you replied me with. keep up the good professional work.

@ your bolded quote, that statement is very true, sometimes, in some societies such as ours, we even get to confuse both because they both seem to have overlapping responsibilities due to their thin line of distinction. However, they're different in their approach to things even though they strive either individually, or together as a team with the Engineers, builders, surveyors, clients and other stakeholders etc to achieve a built environment where aesthetics, economy and convenience is a priority while taking heed to future development plans.

This shows you're a man who knows his onions. I commend your knowledge and professionalism I have learnt somethings from you. Do keep up the good work.
Re: Architecture Without Architects (pros And Cons) by eddytor: 11:33pm On Nov 17, 2014
Thank you. we learn everyday.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spacious Office Space For Letting In Iwo Road,ibadan / Executive Mini Flat To Let @ Osborne Estate Phase 1 For 1.7m Up Stairs / Let's Make You A Landlord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.