Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. (1250 Views)

It's Sin For A Couple Who Is Only Married Traditionally To Have Sex-Abuja Pastor / It Is A Sin For A Couple Who Is Only Married Traditionally To Have Sex- Abuja Pa / Pastor Chris & Anita Oyakhilome Reportedly Share Their Two Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by mrlaw93(m): 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
This week two authors came out with a book about a
newly translated ancient text -- a "Lost Gospel," as the
book calls it. The text has been in the possession of
the British Library since 1847 but only in recent years
attracted scholars' attention. It suggests that Jesus was
not only married but had two children, and that Mary
Magdalene -- long viewed as a close friend of Jesus --
was indeed the Virgin Mary.
It also suggests that there had been an
assassination attempt on the children of
Jesus and Mary more than a decade before
the Crucifixion, when Jesus was 20.
Could it all be true?
This may sound vaguely reminiscent of
"The Da Vinci Code," which Dan Brown
published in 2003, but in truth questions
about the relationship between Jesus and Mary
Magdalene have been around for a long time, and the
"Lost Gospel" only adds to the legend.
As to its validity, scholars will be weighing in heavily,
like they did when a fragment of another lost gospel
was revealed by Karen L. King, a professor at Harvard,
almost two years ago. That scrap of papyrus was not a
forgery, as many at the time believed. Carbon dating
recently confirmed its origin in eighth century Egypt,
although it's a more recent text than King originally
thought.
These new claims about a possible "fifth gospel" are
made by professor Barrie Wilson of York University in
Canada and Simca Jacobovic, an Israeli-Canadian writer
and filmmaker. Their painstaking work on this text,
called "The Ecclesiastical History of Zacharias Rhetor,"
was written on animal skin in Syriac, a dialect of
Aramaic, the language that Jesus spoke.
There is, in fact, a lot of literature in Syriac, which
became an important literary language in the Middle
East, especially after the fourth century. The new
"gospel" was apparently bought from an Egyptian
monastery in the mid-19th-century and brought to
England, though its exact origins remain obscure.
"Scholars scrutinized the document and discarded it as
insignificant," writes Terrence McCoy in the
Washington Pos t.
It won't be the first "lost gospel." The idea that Jesus
may have been married to Mary Magdalene was
popularized by the wonderful Greek novelist Nikos
Kazantzakis in "The Last Temptation of Christ" in 1953.
Martin Scorsese made a movie out of it in 1988. Dan
Brown only jumped on an already moving bandwagon
with "The Da Vinci Code."
Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by mrlaw93(m): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2014
Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
I strongly believe this. Jesus was God in human form so of course he'd want to multiply like scriptures said. If angels could come down from heaven to know daughters of men na Jesus wen dey earth wan carry last?
Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by klodike(m): 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
.....they are trying to make us to take a second thought in creflo's voice. Well until someone can convincingly tell me where we came from and where we go when we die, i still believe everything ink into what is called the bible.
Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
worthless to be called a gospel because it doesn't seem like one. only God knows all truth and that which he has given off He profers must come to pass

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by mrlaw93(m): 8:36am On Nov 18, 2014
klodike:
.....they are trying to make us to take a second thought in creflo's voice. Well until someone can convincingly tell me where we came from and where we go when we die, i still believe everything ink into what is called the bible.
Ofcourse txt re written in ink..
Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by mrlaw93(m): 8:38am On Nov 18, 2014
charix:
I strongly believe this. Jesus was God in human form so of course he'd want to multiply like scriptures said. If angels could come down from heaven to know daughters of men na Jesus wen dey earth wan carry last?
Has is been proven anywhere that Jesus is God.. ?
Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by waldigit: 9:37am On Nov 18, 2014
As I read this the Spirit is leading me to say that, the heathen should not bother themselves challenging the truth about Jesus Christ. Virtually what they will do before the end of this age has been well documented. They are merely acting out the scripts. But read Psalm 2 to gain insight to some of these things.
But, then Jesus is not existing in History. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Heb 13: 8. This has made investigating him with carbon dated questionable material useless. If you have found Jesus He doesn't exist in history He is always with you. If there is anything you don't understand about him you just go ahead and ask Him.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by HFOG(f): 9:47am On Nov 18, 2014
Father forgive them for they know not what they do

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by mrlaw93(m): 10:04am On Nov 18, 2014
waldigit:
As I read this the Spirit is leading me to say that, the heathen should not bother themselves challenging the truth about Jesus Christ. Virtually what they will do before the end of this age has been well documented. They are merely acting out the scripts. But read Psalm 2 to gain insight to some of these things.
But, then Jesus is not existing in History. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Heb 13: 8. This has made investigating him with carbon dated questionable material useless. If you have found Jesus He doesn't exist in history He is always with you. If there is anything you don't understand about him you just go ahead and ask Him.
How will i ask him.. Tru wat means
Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
mrlaw93:
Has is been proven anywhere that Jesus is God.. ?

I could care less. The bible contradicts itself alot so I'd stick with my own understanding.
Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
Blasphemy. That nigga died a virgin.
Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by osholuamhe: 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
Blasphemy against JESUS CHRIST, THE LORD OF LORDS, THE KING OF KINGS only makes me believe more in Him. No other religious leader faces the degree of blasphemy that he faces. It shows that Satan is out to discredit Him to take more people to hell to suffer with him (Satan). Meen, you have your choice. But I advise you to choose the Way (Christ).
Re: Jesus Was Not Only Married But Had Two Children. by mrlaw93(m): 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Blasphemy. That nigga died a virgin.
Watz ur prove

(1) (Reply)

Woman Found On A Roof At 4am Today In Benin City / 14-days Prayer Session For Nigeria : People, We Need To Pray-day 2 / Wake Up Call To The Nigerian Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.