Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Why Does Employers Prefer To Offer Jobs On Contract Basis This Days? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Does Employers Prefer To Offer Jobs On Contract Basis This Days? (645 Views)

Lagos City Guide Is Partnering Companies To Offer Jobs To Unemployed 2yrs Plus / Software Administrators Needed On Contract Basis / Interswitch Ltd,recruits Graduates On Contract Basis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Does Employers Prefer To Offer Jobs On Contract Basis This Days? by mabeni(m): 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
Many nowadays companies prefer to offer a Contract job for 1 year and say if you are good, they will renew your Contract or if you're no good, they will terminate you. What is the likely reason for this trend among the employers, why Contract and not a Permanent one? There are people who say nothing last forever.
What is the difference between "Contract job" and "Permanent job"?
As far as I can see, Contract Basis gives the Employer the Upper Hand to avoid all the liability which the Employer has to incur on an Employee like paying retrenchment benefit and other things......... and thus the employee has certain disadvantages or lack certain bargaining power.
An interviewer said this recently that Contract and Permanent Job are the same. A friend said whether Contract or Permanent, the Employer still can termintate you. Sometimes a Contract basis will have all the benefit like Epf, Socso like a Permanent one less certain benefits but only he is on Contract basis.
When I was offered a Contract job for 1 year, I was reluctant to accept the job because the thought of having the risk of not having your Contract not renewed by Employer later, not that I don't have confidence in my ability but anything can happen.
Would you accept a Contract job??
Re: Why Does Employers Prefer To Offer Jobs On Contract Basis This Days? by mabeni(m): 6:10am On Jul 07, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Female Graphic Artist/Office Assistance in Somolu / I Need A Job / Creative Minds Needed For Brown Media, GRA, Ikeja,Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.