Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,134 members, 7,953,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:32 PM

10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 (6078 Views)

Gov Fashola Hosts Winners Of Future Awards Africa 2014 [pix] / 10 Countries With Highest HIV/AIDS In Africa 2014 {nigeria 2nd Position} / 10 Poorest Countries In Africa 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by oluwaveeboy(m): 12:26am On Nov 18, 2014
[img]http://4.bp..com/-kPnC29cWp8E/VGpomc9-PbI/AAAAAAAAAJw/2WKHtL_FzFY/s1600/Richest-Countries-In-Africa-e1401594107601.png[/img]
Soucrce; www.naijacruz.com
Africa is one of the largest continents in the world and the home to 54 sovereign states. Although regarded as the poorest continent, there are some progressing economies in Africa which are quite wealthy.

This list reflects the GDP per capita. This is the gross domestic product, or total market value of goods and services produced by the national economy during the last year, in regards to each person in the country.
Here’s the top 10 Richest Countries in Africa as of 2014 ranked by GDP per capita:

10) Algeria – $7,500 (GDP per capita)
Algeria is the second largest oil producer in Africa, and this accounts for the majority of the country’s economy generating 70% of total budget receipts. In addition to this the country has an enormous supply in a number of minerals, including iron, lead, copper, zinc and mercury.

9) Namibia – $8,200 (GDP per capita)
Whilst Namibia is one of the richest countries in Africa income is not evenly distributed with half of the country’s population living below the poverty line. The economy is dominated by the production of minerals with Namibia being one of the richest places in Africa for strategic minerals. This is shown by their position as one of the world’s highest quality producers of diamonds.

cool Tunisia – $9,900 (GDP per capita)
The Tunisian economy is dominated by mining, manufacturing and tourism, which portrays the diverse economic market within the country. The recent rise in tourism owes much to the country’s position on the Mediterranean cost and the cheap cost in comparison to European countries that border the Mediterranean. Another factor is the different cultural experience which has seen an influx of Western tourists who want to experience a vibrant, yet different, culture..

7) Libya – $11,497 (GDP per capita)
Libya’s position as one of Africa’s most prosperous countries owes much to two defining factors. Firstly, the country has huge oil revenues which, coupled with a small population in comparison to its rivals, means it has a high GDP per person in comparison to the rest of Africa. Similarly to South Africa, Libya is also defined as an upper-middle economy by South Africa.

6) South Africa – $11,914 (GDP per capita)
South Africa is a dual economy with one of the world’s highest inequality rates, owing much to the history of exclusion within the country. The South African economy is the second largest in Africa and the 28th-largest in the world, leading to the World Bank to rank it as an upper-middle income economy. This is however contrary to the fact that at least a quarter of the country’s population is unemployed and living on less than US$1.25 per day.

5) Mauritius – $16,100 (GDP per capita)
Mauritius place on this list owes very much to the attitude of its government. Since the country’s independence in 1968, successions of governments have implemented free-market economics which have in turn created a highly competitive market. With no natural resources to exploit Mauritius economy has relied heavily on tourism, information technology and financial services. A booming economy has seen the country also attract lots of foreign investors, seeing the World Bank rank it as a middle income economy.

4) Botswana – $17,101 (GDP per capita)
Since gaining independence in 1966, Botswana has had one of the world’s highest economic growth rates. This has seen Botswana transformed from one of the poorest countries in the world to a competent middle income economy, owing to stringent fiscal discipline and management by the country’s government. Whilst the economy is dominated by diamond mining, there are also strong farming, tourism and financial service sectors. Although the country is in rude financial health; there is still has a long way to go to deal with HIV/AIDS within Botswana, with the country having the second highest adult prevalence rate in the world.

3) Gabon – $20,612 (GDP per capita)
Although Gabon has declining oil production, it is still the fifth largest oil producer in Sub—Saharan Africa. An over reliance on the oil sector for the past 40 years has seen the country attempt to develop a more diverse economy, to little success so far. The high oil production within the country has helped them to develop and advance the education system within the country. Although with oil reserves running low maintenance of the school system is beginning to suffer with no alternative funding yet found.

2) Equatorial Guinea – $23,370 (GDP per capita)
Equatorial Guinea owes its high position on this list to a small population of just 736,296, which has also helped it to 32nd in the world in terms of gross domestic product per capita. Whilst the country has a relatively low population it has enormous oil reserves and is one of the largest oil producers in Africa. Whilst many would believe this to be reflected in the country’s living conditions, inequality is rife within the country with the government and officials renowned for corrupt behavior. This means that whilst the country may rank highly on this list the majority of the population actually live under the poverty line.

1) Seychelles – $25,229 (GDP per capita)
Due to a respectable gross domestic product per capita the Seychelles is ranked as the richest country in Africa in our list. The country is made up of one-hundred and fifteen small islands with a population of less than one-hundred thousand. This owes much to the ample opportunity for shipments and fishing due to a plethora of coastline. Furthermore, the country has long been known as a getaway for the rich and famous meaning it contains numerous hotels and shopping resorts.
Check out thePOOREST COUNTRY in africa here;http://www.naijacruz.com/2014/11/10-poorest-countries-in-africa-2014.html
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 18, 2014
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by chachazzy(m): 12:48am On Nov 18, 2014
Packing my bags, leaving for Seychelles.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by oluwaveeboy(m): 12:52am On Nov 18, 2014
chachazzy:
guy sent you wan leave naija ni
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by chachazzy(m): 1:08am On Nov 18, 2014
oluwaveeboy:
guy sent you wan leave naija ni
u wan folo me? Abi u no see say naija no make d list ni, lol
naija fall my hand oo chai!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by oluwaveeboy(m): 1:11am On Nov 18, 2014
chachazzy:

u wan folo me? Abi u no see say naija no make d list ni, lol
naija fall my hand oo chai!!!
naija go still come top,I hope so.. av you check the poorest list also?

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by chachazzy(m): 1:23am On Nov 18, 2014
oluwaveeboy:

Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by chachazzy(m): 1:24am On Nov 18, 2014
oluwaveeboy:

not necessary, can u give me direction to Seychelles? I tink av lost ma way oo
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by qadeerkug(m): 6:14am On Nov 18, 2014
Dubai nko abi nah paper den get undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by oluwaveeboy(m): 7:46am On Nov 18, 2014
chachazzy:

not necessary, can u give me direction to Seychelles? I tink av lost ma way oo
lolz,don't worry naija go still beta
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by chijoy7(f): 7:54am On Nov 18, 2014
chachazzy:
anywhere u dey go........ I go dey folo folo u

2 Likes

Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by Rexnegro(m): 8:15am On Nov 18, 2014
chachazzy:
Guy wait for me I dey come o. Seychelles there I go no time. Bro check if they re visa free .
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by ericessien24: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2014
story for the gods,does thier pastors have private jet ? Abi can dey buy the latest car ? or them dey lost $20b just like that? nija is number one all that list Na nonsense.our economy no good,dangote is Africa richest.tell dem to park well

2 Likes

Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by marieolae(f): 9:32am On Nov 18, 2014
I wonder where nigeria is

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 18, 2014
richest ko Seychelles ni
tongue
do they have 160million stubborn citizens

7 Likes

Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by oluwaveeboy(m): 9:52am On Nov 18, 2014
Kizmarty:
richest ko Seychelles ni
tongue
do they have 160million stubborn citizens
lolz

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by bayonet55: 10:59am On Nov 18, 2014
H
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
*run into my room to grab my bag*abeg me tell faleela say i don port ooo*seychelle here i come*
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by killercute16(m): 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
Kizmarty:
richest ko Seychelles ni
tongue
do they have 170million stubborn EVIL citizens
FIXED
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by chachazzy(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
chijoy7:
anywhere u dey go........ I go dey folo folo u
sure baby, lets get outta here, bonnie and clyde tins, lol
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by chachazzy(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
Rexnegro:

Guy wait for me I dey come o. Seychelles there I go no time. Bro check if they re visa free .
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by chachazzy(m): 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2014
Rexnegro:

bro dem no gree gimme visa oo, so na trekking tins. I must make moni for dis life oo
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
Is this list based on per-capita income as in standard of living or on GDP itself? Because if it were the former Nigeria wouldn't be on the list as is the case but if it is the latter then Nigeria should be there. So which is it?
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by Rexnegro(m): 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
chachazzy:

bro dem no gree gimme visa oo, so na trekking tins. I must make moni for dis life oo
Continue dey trek no wahala by d time u spend like 6months for road u will meet me in my office ... Don't worry I go allow u stay in my crib till I show u d way to be like me. U don start d trekking ? No too carry load not to weigh u down...goodluck when u reach borno greet shekau,tell am to stop bombing o
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by major466(m): 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
Those countries have very small population compared to their resources. Take Libya for example their total population is not up to 10 million.
Any, Nigeria will soon get there.
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by kelechiMarie(f): 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
Is dubai in Africa?
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by Dreyl(m): 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2014
Where is naija na upon all the bragging,i'm porting to seychelles soon..
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
[quote author=killercute16 post=28122234]FIXED[/quote

cheesycheesy evil you cheesycheesy
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
I don't believe this list... Seychelles? who knows Seychelles? how is it the richest country in Africa and still yet they don't participate in football, u hardly hear of that country in any activity embarassed na juju de give them money ni?? what r they called sef? seychellesians or what? undecided
Re: 10 Richest Countries In Africa 2014 by oluwaveeboy(m): 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
EroticAngelina:
I don't believe this list... Seychelles? who knows Seychelles? how is it the richest country in Africa and still yet they don't participate in football, u hardly hear of that country in any activity embarassed na juju de give them money ni?? what r they called sef? seychellesians or what? undecided
this list is complied by richestlifestyle and forbes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Message To All South Africans (A Must Watch Video) / Is This Not The Car That Was Bought For Ronaldo? ( Photos) / Rihanna Banging Hot Body In Lovely Underwear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.