Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,928 members, 7,956,482 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

Napoleon’s Hat Bought For £1.5 Million By South Korean Collector(pictures) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Napoleon’s Hat Bought For £1.5 Million By South Korean Collector(pictures) (597 Views)

51-Year-Old Nigerian Bought As A Toy By A Rich White Kid / See Billionaire Bill Gate's House.. It Is Worth $147.5 Million Dollars! (Pix) / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway To Be Financed By South African Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Napoleon’s Hat Bought For £1.5 Million By South Korean Collector(pictures) by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 18, 2014
Napoleon Bonaparte’s hat has ended up in the hands of a South Korean, who bought it for £1.5 million (1.9m euros), in a scenario the French icon wouldn’t have imagined in his wildest dreams.
T.K Lee acquired the black ‘bicorne’ felt hat in a sale from the collections of the Prince of Monaco at the Osenat auction house
in Fontainebleau. He will now be able to prance around in the cap
during recreations of the leader’s famous battles. But we seriously doubt this is what he’ll do due to the astonishing amount he paid for the hat.
It was the trademark of the iconic leader who wore it with the two points aligned with his shoulders. ‘Everybody at the time wore that kind of hat one way, but Napoleon wore it the other way so that
everybody would recognise his silhouette on the battlefield,’ said auction official Jean-Pierre Osenat.
It was unlikely to have been that sentimental to Napoleon though, as he went through about 120 hats during his 15-year reign at the start of the 19th century.
The hat went for nearly five times the 400,000 euros it had been expected to fetch at the auction, where about 1,000 other pieces of
Napoleon memorabilia from the Monaco collection were sold over three days. Five years ago, the same auction house sold a sabre that had belonged to Napoleon for £3.8 million.

Re: Napoleon’s Hat Bought For £1.5 Million By South Korean Collector(pictures) by Xenisha: 8:19am On May 10, 2022
Recently, ofigel from one man who bought the hat of Napoleon himself. I found this out on this Bryan Goldberg site. Honestly, I never understood why people buy such expensive and old things, but after reading this article, my opinion about such people has changed. The opinion has changed because the man tells all the same why he bought such an old thing. I also want to note that the article also tells about the biography of that same buyer. All those who are interested in old and centuries-old things I recommend reading.

(1) (Reply)

. / AN Important Notice To (BANK UBA ) Costumers / Trucks Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.