Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. (1584 Views)

Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind / Africans And Superstition / Traditionalcure, Spiritual Healing, Superstition, Voodoo, Magic, Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
I went to buy food in a canteen,the woman that was selling the food was very flighty and rushy, So When she was about pouring stew into the yam, she threw some stew straight into my left eye. I started wailing,you know those kind of stew with extra ground chilli pepper(ata gungun),I started crying and shouting tapping my feet on the ground.

Guess What the woman did?

She opened a cold sachet water and poured it on my leg. shocked

I was still in pains ooo while she kept on pouring water on my leg.

Is this how silly superstition has made some people?

I dragged the water from her hand and poured it on my eyes.

Silly woman.

She wants to use her silly beliefs to make me blind.
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Tallesty1(m): 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
Dapo777:
I went to buy food in a canteen,the woman that was selling the food was very flighty and rushy, So When she was about pouring stew into the yam, she threw some stew straight into my left eye. I started wailing,you know those kind of stew with extra ground chilli pepper(ata gungun),I started crying and shouting tapping my feet on the ground.

Silly woman.

undecidedundecided
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
Tallesty1:
undecidedundecided

What?
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by asala1: 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
Lol
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Adeoba10(m): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
Watin u too dey look for inside pot, u wan select d kind meat wey u want?

1 Like

Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Rilwayne001: 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
Dapo is high on some fresshh leaves today grin grin
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2014
Adeoba10:
na him type dey look woman so tey e go go enter gutter
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2014
Rilwayne001:
Dapo is high on some fresshh leaves today grin grin

Na u sabi
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
Adeoba10:

Did u read with ur eyes closed? undecided
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
ProfessorPeter:
na him type dey look woman so tey e go go enter gutter

U just described urself
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
Dapo777:

Silly woman.

The bolded explains the action of the woman. Not superstition.
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
Hahaha
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

The bolded explains the action of the woman. Not superstition.

So the water on my feet will relieve my eye?
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
Dapo777:

So the water on my feet will relieve my eye?

You were stamping your feet!
Why should any reasonable person ignore the feet and start treating an eye or ear or whatever?
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

You were stamping your feet!
Why should any reasonable person ignore the feet and start treating an eye or ear or whatever?

So u Wld Av done d same If u poured pepper into my eyes?
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
Dapo777:

So u Wld Av done d same If u poured pepper into my eyes?

Firstly, she didn't pour any pepper in your eyes. She was serving you food when all of a sudden you started stamping your feet and crying.

If you had pepper in your eyes, you should have asked for water for your eyes instead of crying and stamping your feet. Stupiddity, not superstition, nearly blinded you.
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Adeoba10(m): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
Dapo777:

Did u read with ur eyes closed? undecided
... u get casio calculator make i take solve dat question wey u ask me?
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Firstly, she didn't pour any pepper in your eyes. She was serving you food when all of a sudden you started stamping your feet and crying.

If you had pepper in your eyes, you should have asked for water for your eyes instead of crying and stamping your feet. Stupiddity, not superstition, nearly blinded you.

So u didn't even read d story.
Or Ar u having a hard time in comprehending English.
I said pepper entered my eyes and she saw me holding my eyes. So If pepper poured on my leg would I be stamping my leg?

Are u dumb or u Ar just acting dumb?
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:16am On Nov 19, 2014
Dapo777:

So u didn't even read d story.
Or Ar u having a hard time in comprehending English.
I said pepper entered my eyes and she saw me holding my eyes. So If pepper poured on my leg would I be stamping my leg?

Are u dumb or u Ar just acting dumb?

You are the one that didn't read your story. Nowhere in your story did you say you were holding your eyes nor that she saw you holding your eyes. You said and I quote: "I started crying and shouting tapping my feet on the ground"

If you have sensitive skin and the pepper is as hot as you described, yes you would stamp your leg and the best thing to do would be to pour cold water on your leg.

Your problem is you lack precision. I wonder how you get on with girls.
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 19, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

You are the one that didn't read your story. Nowhere in your story did you say you were holding your eyes nor that she saw you holding your eyes. You said and I quote: "I started crying and shouting tapping my feet on the ground"

If you have sensitive skin and the pepper is as hot as you described, yes you would stamp your leg and the best thing to do would be to pour cold water on your leg.

Your problem is you lack precision. I wonder how you get on with girls.

Look at this fo0l So you didn't read the part I wrote she threw some stew straight into my eyes.

I wonder how a blind man like u is able to use nairaland
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:37am On Nov 19, 2014
Dapo777:

Look at this fo0l So you didn't read the part I wrote she threw some stew straight into my eyes.

I wonder how a blind man like u is able to use nairaland

Why are you going around in circles? She threw stew into your eyes unknowingly and instead of asking her for water to clean your eyes, you started crying like a baby and stamping your feet like a toddler in a tantrum. Then you turn around and blame her for trying to alleviate whatever pain you have on your feet.

I hope for you that when you get eye problems you go to an optician and not to feet massage parlour.
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 19, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Why are you going around in circles? She threw stew into your eyes unknowingly and instead of asking her for water to clean your eyes, you started crying like a baby and stamping your feet like a toddler in a tantrum. Then you turn around and blame her for trying to alleviate whatever pain you have on your feet.

I hope for you that when you get eye problems you go to an optician and not to feet massage parlour.

Na wa for u oooo, Ar u an SS person?
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:52am On Nov 19, 2014
Dapo777:

Na wa for u oooo, Ar u an SS person?

Like I said before, you lack precision.
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 19, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Like I said before, you lack precision.

So I Av to write everything out before u can apply ur senses.

If I tell u I walked a long distance,So I have to tell u I wasn't bare footed before u can apply senses and interpolate.

Like I said before u lack sense
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:32am On Nov 19, 2014
Dapo777:

So I Av to write everything out before u can apply ur senses.

If I tell u I walked a long distance,So I have to tell u I wasn't bare footed before u can apply senses and interpolate.

Like I said before u lack sense

I wasn't there to see your feet-stamping tantrum so I can only base my understanding upon what you wrote. It is up to you to be as precise as possible.
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 19, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

I wasn't there to see your feet-stamping tantrum so I can only base my understanding upon what you wrote. It is up to you to be as precise as possible.

Ok.
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 3:32am On Nov 20, 2014
Dapo777:

What?

Peterken05 why was the last post of your diary removed?
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by edogho(m): 7:03am On Nov 20, 2014
DAPO77 & ALFASELTZER, interesting and funny convo.. gringrin
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 20, 2014
Dapo777:

Peterken05 why was the last post of your diary removed?
anti spam bot, i dont know
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 20, 2014
Peterken05:
anti spam bot, i dont know

Maybe you wrote something wrong there or something
Re: How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 20, 2014
Dapo777:

Maybe you wrote something wrong there or something
nothing wrong there, i was just copying from my personal diary to the diary. Maybe because of the picture. Cant say

(1) (Reply)

New Theory Could Prove How Life Began And Disprove God / Do Angels Exist? / 'Devil's Hunter Ministries Heaven On Earth Church' Spotted In Port Harcourt(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.