Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It (42083 Views)

Insidious Things Our Phones Do To Us Without Realizing ( Must Read ) / 9 Ways Students Waste Money, Possible Solutions / Universal Concept Of Mental Arithmetic System (UCMAS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by teamup: 11:55am On Nov 19, 2014
ok
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by holatin(m): 11:56am On Nov 19, 2014
I forbid myself to agree completely.
some are not true

#feranmicharles come and read

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Jelo4kul(m): 11:56am On Nov 19, 2014
FTC things at last. whatever that means
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by deebrain(m): 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
PROCTOR:
Add this.
Trying to make frontpage

seconded
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by msmon(m): 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
I will take time to read later, but I'd say those points u highlighted will be helpful.

Akwa Ibom State Govt. Mobilises 25,000 Fans For Eagles Game Today
www.nairaland.com/2004524/akwa-ibom-state-govt-mobilises
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by gtrust: 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
Scamfender:

6. Working long hours.
Working longer hours doesn't necessarily make you
more productive. In fact, productivity tends to drop
significantly the more hours you make yourself work.
When you're working long hours, you're wasting your
energy. That energy would be better spent finding a way
to rest and to
rejuvenate, so that you can come back to your task
later, at optimum levels of productivity. Even if you
don't get every second of rest that you need, a short
break will help you focus again.

Source: http://www.scamfender.com/2014/11/7-ways-you-waste-mental-energy-without.html?m=0

OP, what if you work in a job where you get paid per hour

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Appswheel(m): 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2014
really
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
Very refreshing article. Most Nigerian women have lost it then. Esp the you are the head, and I am the neck crew grin
Coconut heads , nothing dem sabi. Waiting for manna from above. Zombies tongue
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Timmytimmy: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
This is good stuff. smiley
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by blakky97(m): 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
Scamfender:
Adulthood is exhausting. With the responsibilities of
work, family, friendships and more, we are expending a
lot of energy and are even limiting the amount of rest
we can get to replenish it. At this point in my life, I
figure I should save as much of my energy as I possibly
can for the important things. These are some ways I've
found that I was wasting energy and I didn't even know
it.
1. Allowing background noise:
Background noise raises stress levels , making it harder
for us to focus on concentrate. When we continually
require ourselves to perform tasks
with noise — even if it's just a droning air conditioner —
we are using more energy than we need to. While it
might not be possible to eliminate all background noise,
especially in our loud world, you can almost always do
something to make it quieter. Buy some noise cancelling
headphones and wear them without listening to
anything, use earplugs, or turn off the TV to save your
energy.

2. Giving away your power.
There are so many ways to give away your power. The
basic idea, though, is that you give away your power
when you say or perceive that
someone or something else is in charge of your life (or
an aspect of it), rather than you. This can be as simple
as always waiting for directions before you take action,
or more complex like blaming your genes for a medical
condition that limits you. When you give away your
power, you give away your ability to make choices that
will make your life better. For instance, you may not be
able to do anything about an inherited medical
condition, but you can still choose to live life to the full
with that condition. Doing this will energize you.

3. Keeping lists in your head.
Sometimes, I find myself exhausted because I'm trying
to remember so many things. When I take a moment to
write them down, my mind can relax because I know I
won't forget anything important. The simple act of
writing things down saves me energy now, but it also
saves it later. If I insist on keeping all my lists in my
head, I almost invariably forget something. That causes
all sorts of stress and wastes so much mental
energy later, when I have to scramble to pull something
together or apologize profusely for missing an event.

4. Checking email more than twice a day.
Most people really only need to check email twice a
day. Most of your messages aren't urgent and, if
someone has something that you really need to know
right now, they can always call, text, or come find you
themselves. When you check email all the time, you're
distracted all the time. Sometimes, you're even trying to
check your email while you're doing something else.
However, multitasking doesn't really work. You're
actually switching rapidly between tasks, not doing
several things at once. All of this switching takes
energy, which you wouldn't have to spend if you could
focus on each task alone.

5. Trying to control the uncontrollable.
I like to be in control, even when that isn't possible. In
the past, I've wasted a lot of energy trying to control
people and situations that it simply was not within my
grasp to control. When I can let go of those things, I
find that I have more energy to spend on the things that
it is within my power to change. Letting go of the desire
to control usually comes from places deep inside of us,
and you probably won't be able to let it go overnight.
Start by figuring out what you're afraid of that causes
you to need so much control, and begin to work with
the idea of letting go from there.

6. Working long hours.
Working longer hours doesn't necessarily make you
more productive. In fact, productivity tends to drop
significantly the more hours you make yourself work.
When you're working long hours, you're wasting your
energy. That energy would be better spent finding a way
to rest and to
rejuvenate, so that you can come back to your task
later, at optimum levels of productivity. Even if you
don't get every second of rest that you need, a short
break will help you focus again.

Source: http://www.scamfender.com/2014/11/7-ways-you-waste-mental-energy-without.html?m=0
Fvck!

Ahdjdkfjgfbroyihbchprhegwfcddvvdtqw

Please move that to front page too!
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by emperordan(m): 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
You said seven, yet you gave six
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by silverluci(f): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
Chubhie:
that's same thing I say to myself when I observe myself as an outsider but when I look in the mirror, I appreciate the container and the content. It will also get 'weirdier' if I tell you am more energised when I get closer to nature. I'm getting sensitive to energies around me. There r just some people you merely stand few meters away and you get drained while have experienced boosts of energies when someone walks into a room. It is quite funny being human.

It is quite funny being human? Wow! What would you have love to be asides from being human... just curious

And are you the first of your kind?
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by ITbomb(m): 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
Checking nairaland every one hour
Having too much sex
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by thinkdip(m): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Emperorking20(m): 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
ITbomb:
Checking nairaland every one hour
Having too much sex
Lol! Tired guy grin

IN OTHER NEWS

Hey Dear! Hw do u do? Hope ure cool?
Emperorking20 needs ur votes today.. Help him get to d finals of the MR Nairaland contest.. I'll b grateful smiley please! embarassed
Thanks!

Here's d link to d voting thread, voting closes by 5pm, do ur best smiley :- https://www.nairaland.com/2003937/mr-nairaland-december-2014-edition
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Emperorking20(m): 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
saucechilli:
Very refreshing article. Most Nigerian women have lost it then. Esp the you are the head, and I am the neck crew grin

Lol! Very true! But not for all women tho grin

Hey Dear! Hw do u do? Hope ure cool?
Emperorking20 needs ur votes today.. Help him get to d finals of the MR Nairaland contest.. I'll b grateful smiley please! embarassed
Thanks!

Here's d link to d voting thread, voting closes by 5pm, do ur best smiley :- https://www.nairaland.com/2003937/mr-nairaland-december-2014-edition
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
Chubhie:
that's same thing I say to myself when I observe myself as an outsider but when I look in the mirror, I appreciate the container and the content. It will also get 'weirdier' if I tell you am more energised when I get closer to nature. I'm getting sensitive to energies around me. There r just some people you merely stand few meters away and you get drained while have experienced boosts of energies when someone walks into a room. It is quite funny being human.

I'm with you all the way! Silly people can't comprehend smart things. Stay in tune, man. People like us are special cheesy
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
www.nairaland.com/2003937/mr-nairaland-december-2014-edition....

[size=25pt]una see that link up there...it is a link of heavenly blessings...just click on that link and vote for naijaboiy for mr nairaland2014...
he needs you more than ever now....as he reaches the climax of his dreams of attaining the honourable positon as mr nairaland...lets do this people smiley smiley smiley smiley wink smiley smiley[/size]
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by kwencypresh(f): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
dat no1 hmmmmmm
Wat of dos of us dat do wrk in d market
even if u plug ur earphone to ur ears n increase d volume to d highest, d noise will still b dere
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
What of SEX? tongue
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
*yinmu*
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by smudge2079(m): 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
I disagree @OP
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by DECENTSMART: 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
decent.com:

fabdedon space booking since 2005
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2014
What of flipping through the pages of nairaland.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
Kweenesther:
Really nice...learnt something!!!
yea we learnt something
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by segcymoor(m): 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
Correct!
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by uzolexis(f): 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
saucechilli:

what is this one saying undecided angry
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
Chubhie:
just like me
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by benjsniper33: 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
I hate noise or anything that unnecessarily vibrates my eardrum with passion. I was Born in August and like a lion, I roost in quiet places, I study in serene places totally devoid of sound, I get unexplained inspiration in silent places when I can hear the breeze blow calmly past now and again trying to whisper secrets of nature into my ears. The only time u see me in a bit noisy place is when I am eating, playing games with my friends, gisting or in the classroom waiting for lectures after which I will retire to my quiet "cave" far away from vibration to continue my journey to the astral world and commune with my inner mind. I have few favourite hip-hop musicians DBanj, 2Face, Dagrin, 9ice and classical music sages whose message clearly reveals the truth not "just dance dance and dance like monkeys". The best place where my spirit and soul is greatly alive is when I go into light forest or on top of a solitary mountain to feel the fresh "wine" of nature. In these places things start happening to me, by brain start working sweetly like u add grease to a machine, my thoughts start getting clearer and clearer like I just bought them a new pair of eyes and just then my inner voices becomes louder that I can hear them and feel their touch. Just my take .Thanks

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by AdorableJosh(m): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2014
You said 7 na
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by plumule(m): 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
abi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Know The Differences Between Poisonous And Non Poisonous Snakes / see What Fuel Scarcity Caused In FUNAAB / Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.