Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

How To Buy And Sell Domain Names For Profit - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Buy And Sell Domain Names For Profit (1571 Views)

Partner For Profit With Oando's O-gas And Earn Millions In Income. / Guide on writing for profit using iwriter. / For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Buy And Sell Domain Names For Profit by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 19, 2014
Characteristics of a Good Domain Name

1. It Must Have Commercial Value
Majority of websites that are built on the internet are for commercial purposes. It follows, therefore, that your domain name should have commercial intention if you want to make money online from it. In other words, it should be short, brand-able, generic, marketable and easy to remember.
One-word, two-word and generic domain names will fall into this category easily because they are highly sought-after in the secondary domain market. A name that clearly depicts a specific market, product, service or subject will be commercially valuable in this regard.

2. It Should Have a High PageRank and Backlinks
For you to be able to sell a domain name quickly, it must have unique selling point (USP) going for it. This could be the age of the domain name, high PageRank or lots of relevant back links. Having these characteristics will definitely pass some authority and credibility to the website that the new owner of the domain will build on it.
If you ask me how to buy and sell domain names for big cash profits, I will simply tell you to build a website or blog on a domain, optimize and monetize it with shareable and quality content. You can then build back links to it in order to create authority.

How to Sell a Domain Name
To sell your domain name successfully, you must be ready and willing to market it on the internet. The old saying that if a man knows how to build a better mousetrap, the world will beat a path to his doorstep is no longer tenable.
As a smart domain flipper, you have to explore various marketing media to find the right buyer for your web property. Immediately you buy or register a domain name, you should start building an email list of subscribers in the niche as soon as possible. The idea is to begin with the end in mind i.e. to have a target audience you can market your website for sale to somewhere down the road.
In other words, you can easily offer to sell your domain name to members of your list who will be highly targeted prospects. Because they have willingly subscribed to your list in the past, you will be amazed how interested most of the subscribers will be to own your business especially if it is profitable.
See more at: http://www.focalsuccess.com/2014/11/how-to-buy-and-sell-domain-names-for-profit.html

(1) (Reply)

Exchange Rate Of Naira As At 16th February / The Top 10 Richest People In The History Of Mankind / I Need Nigerian Blogs Or Sites To Submit My Articles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.