Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Paypal's Security Not Covering Nigerian Accounts? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Paypal's Security Not Covering Nigerian Accounts? (632 Views)

Somebody Help,do Paypal Allow Nigerian Accounts To Receive Payments Presently? / Paypal Phone Verification Services / Professional Wedding Photographer Covering Wedding And Events: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paypal's Security Not Covering Nigerian Accounts? by adewasco2k(m): 10:20am On Nov 19, 2014
I am just wondering if PayPal is ready to do business in Nigeria or we forced them into Nigeria, seems they are less concern about accounts from Nigeria.

This just occurred to me, I opened a US PayPal account long time ago, I use VPN to access it, there was a day I didn't know the VPN has disconnected, just few seconds and my account was blocked, I have heard others say the same.

PayPal will always block/verify an account that is being accessed from a country other than the registered country that is why they have the law that you should contact them before traveling to another country.

But that seems not yo be the case with Nigerian accounts, I registered my Nigerian PayPal account outside Nigeria without any VPN and I have since operated it from two countries with no issue at all.

Does that mean Nigerians are on their own on securing their PayPal accounts?

If so then this is very bad, coupled with the limitations on the account, like I can't send money out as in for friends and family also I can't receive money.
Re: Paypal's Security Not Covering Nigerian Accounts? by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 19, 2014
adewasco2k:
I am just wondering if PayPal is ready to do business in Nigeria or we forced them into Nigeria, seems they are less concern about accounts from Nigeria.

This just occurred to me, I opened a US PayPal account long time ago, I use VPN to access it, there was a day I didn't know the VPN has disconnected, just few seconds and my account was blocked, I have heard others say the same.

PayPal will always block/verify an account that is being accessed from a country other than the registered country that is why they have the law that you should contact them before traveling to another country.

But that seems not yo be the case with Nigerian accounts, I registered my Nigerian PayPal account outside Nigeria without any VPN and I have since operated it from two countries with no issue at all.

Does that mean Nigerians are on their own on securing their PayPal accounts?

If so then this is very bad, coupled with the limitations on the account, like I can't send money out as in for friends and family also I can't receive money.

My Brother, its not Nigeria alone, those security measures are only available in US, UK and Canada.

Other countries are not like that, our company has two accounts: USA and South Africa, i cannot access the USA because i am in Nigeria, the account would be blocked, But i access South Africa Freely.

So its not just Nigeria
Re: Paypal's Security Not Covering Nigerian Accounts? by adewasco2k(m): 11:25am On Nov 19, 2014
coolsix:

My Brother, its not Nigeria alone, those security measures are only available in US, UK and Canada.

Other countries are not like that, our company has two accounts: USA and South Africa, i cannot access the USA because i am in Nigeria, the account would be blocked, But i access South Africa Freely.

So its not just Nigeria

Maybe those security measures doesn't cover accounts from Africa?

I need more data before making conclusions ....thanks for the input

(1) (Reply)

China Wants Nothing To Do With Gmail / Download Free Video Tutorials On Jamb, Waec And Neco / This Website Is Up For Critique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.