Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,990 members, 7,952,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:27 AM

Nigerians Discourage Others From Living A Healthy Life - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians Discourage Others From Living A Healthy Life (654 Views)

Live A Healthy Life And Remedy To All Ill / How To Keep Vagina Clean And Healthy (NHS) / Healthy Life Starts From The Feet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Discourage Others From Living A Healthy Life by adonbilivit: 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
i try my best to lead a healthy life. This is the reason i am very mindful of what goes into my mouth: you are what you eat. some feel i am too young to start selecting what to eat or not on health grounds. is eating healthy for the old folks alone? at my current age, 21, i have stopped eating red meat but my friends and siblings think its not cool...they sometimes say they are suspecting me to suffering from a deadly illness. fellow nairalanders, must i be sick before i start being careful healthwise? what happened to prevention? is it (prevention) not better than cure in Nigeria?
i decided to share this based on what happened this afternoon; i went to buy sachet water from my regular customer. she asked "warm pure water right?"...i said yes. she went to say "you don't drink fanta and other sugary things right?"...this time i replied with a question. i was like "why the question madam?" and she could not reply. that immediately made me realise she could be thinking i am ill.
Re: Nigerians Discourage Others From Living A Healthy Life by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
adonbilivit tongue
Re: Nigerians Discourage Others From Living A Healthy Life by rawpadgin(m): 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
dude @ 21 u are still growing, can't see why u are avoiding red meat & probably some other food that can make u grow properly
Re: Nigerians Discourage Others From Living A Healthy Life by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
You are not alone in this. I have avoided eating so many "things" just to keep a healthy body and i am better for it. Even during my training, my friends would be discouraging me but i still endeavour to keep myself going. Just take a trip to a general hospital and you will see so many people struck down by one form of sickness or the other. Ever since i started living a healthy life, i have seen so many tremendous changes. I don't pant again after vigorous exercises and my body is so agile.
Do not mind anybody. You are the owner of your body and you know what is best for you.
Re: Nigerians Discourage Others From Living A Healthy Life by tpia6: 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
buy fanta or other sugary drinks from her once in a while.
Re: Nigerians Discourage Others From Living A Healthy Life by adonbilivit: 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
You are not alone in this. I have avoided eating so many "things" just to keep a healthy body and i am better for it. Even during my training, my friends would be discouraging me but i still endeavour to keep myself going. Just take a trip to a general hospital and you will see so many people struck down by one form of sickness or the other. Ever since i started living a healthy life, i have seen so many tremendous changes. I don't pant again after vigorous exercises and my body is so agile.
Do not mind anybody. You are the owner of your body and you know what is best for you.
thanks bro! keep it up too
Re: Nigerians Discourage Others From Living A Healthy Life by adonbilivit: 8:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
tpia6:
buy fanta or other sugary drinks from her once in a while.
i have nothing to prove to her...cant drink fanta coz of her. i would only do her a favour by telling her why i take warm water and avoid sugary stuffs if she asks why
Re: Nigerians Discourage Others From Living A Healthy Life by adonbilivit: 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
rawpadgin:
dude @ 21 u are still growing, can't see why u are avoiding red meat & probably some other food that can make u grow properly

aren't there safe better alternatives? i am all about them

(1) (Reply)

Habits That Wreck The Teeth / Situation Report On Johesu Strike / Impulse Control Disorders:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.