Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,116 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Help An Aspiring Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help An Aspiring Programmer (1104 Views)

Please Help An Aspiring Programmer To Secure A Placement In An It Firm / A Must Watch Video For Every Aspiring Programmer / Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help An Aspiring Programmer by coolestbiodun(m): 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hello nairalanders!
I'm a young Nigerian looking forward to a career in the I.T industry as a computer programmer. I will be resuming as a fresher in the university of ibadan 2014/2015, department of mathematics

I have been able to learn the basics of python programming language by myself using "byte of python" and a few other sources.

I feel the need to build my strength in python before taking on another programming language. I want you guys to give me advice and (free)materials on how to improve my skill in python and that other aspirants like myself would learn from.

I am earnestly waiting for you response... Thanks in advance *wink*
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by umaryusuf(m): 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
coolestbiodun:
Hello nairalanders!
I'm a young Nigerian looking forward to a career in the I.T industry as a computer programmer. I will be resuming as a fresher in the university of ibadan 2014/2015, department of mathematics
I have been able to learn the basics of python programming language by myself using "byte of python" and a few other sources.
I feel the need to build my strength in python before taking on another programming language. I want you guys to give me advice and (free)materials on how to improve my skill in python and that other aspirants like myself would learn from.
I am earnestly waiting for you response... Thanks in advance *wink*

Keep up the spirit dude.

What you need next is to take your py basic to the next level by learning more of its libraries that will enable u specialize and solve real world problems in any of these areas:
1) Console applications
2) Desktop apps
3) Web apps
4) Embedded Systems
5) Mobile apps

Good luck.
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by zeroshadow: 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
If you're learning how to program in order to make money.... f**k python...
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by xmarcel: 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2014
zeroshadow:
If you're learning how to program in order to make money.... f**k python...
So which should he learn?
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by zeroshadow: 11:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
xmarcel:

So which should he learn?

I wrote "in order to make money".. Programming is profitable
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by coolestbiodun(m): 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
@ umaryusuf

Thanks a bunch for that insightful tip.

I am interested in desktop and web apps. I am still expecting more tips from knowledgeable people and programmers out there...
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by umaryusuf(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
^^ you're most welcome.
Since ur interest is desktop and web apps, here are some recommended libraries, any one u go with 1st is just fine:~

Desktop: TkInter, PyQt/PySide, wxPython, Kivy, and PyGTK

Web: Web2py, Bottle, Django, Flask and Pyramid.
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
*yinmu*
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by pain007: 12:15am On Nov 21, 2014
if you want to learn programming... come to france
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 21, 2014
or jamaica
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by coolestbiodun(m): 8:48am On Nov 26, 2014
@ umaryusuf

You're the best. If you don't mind I would like to have your Facebook contact. Thanks.
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by umaryusuf(m): 1:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
@coolestbiodun, I hardly do fb this days. See my signature for WhatsApp
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by Ajibel(m): 10:46am On Nov 27, 2014
Read up Python documentation that came with the Python package. Atleast cover 70% of it before diving into other Python branches like GUI, Web, Algorithm...
Re: Help An Aspiring Programmer by Skykid1208(m): 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
same here!!!
am also an aspiring python programmer .

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Mass Inbox Mailer / Building Wordpress Themes With Bootstrap – Tutsplus / Coding And Online Biz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.