Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Is It Ever Possible?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ever Possible?? (1235 Views)

Is This Ever Possible And Anyone With Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ever Possible?? by MherihGold(f): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hello
Is it ever possible for a woman who has a female daughter and a maid to have equal love for them?
With Nigerian mentality,women with housemaid don't treat them well. An example you see a with a female child and her housemaid who's also a maid attending different schools ofcourse the real daughter attending the best school.
I am opportuned to stay with my aunty who has a maid and I see how things are. She loves the maid tho but there is a big difference. Yes I know the love might not be equal...
So is it ever possible for a woman to love a maid the way she loves her children or should I just stick to the African mentality
Re: Is It Ever Possible?? by ifex370(m): 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2014
MherihGold:
Hello
Is it ever possible for a woman who has a female daughter and a maid to have equal love for them?
With Nigerian mentality,women with housemaid don't treat them well. An example you see a with a female child and her housemaid who's also a maid attending different schools ofcourse the real daughter attending the best school.
I am opportuned to stay with my aunty who has a maid and I see how things are. She loves the maid tho but there is a big difference. Yes I know the love might not be equal...
So is it ever possible for a woman to love a maid the way she loves her children or should I just stick to the African mentality

it is possible...

but women look at maids and all they see are slaves... who so to say are privileged to be in a family like theirs... change that mentality and you have the solution
Re: Is It Ever Possible?? by mutter(f): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
You probably cannot love her like your daughter but you can treat her like one.
When in Nigeria, I did just that. They got the same kind of treatment, school, cklothing and all. We ate together and went out together. People believed they were part of my family.
My friends criticised me for it but I believed they were very important to me. I entrusted my kids to them, so they were very significant in my life. We also did the chores together.
If is your duty to treat eveyone in a dignified manner and youwould derive a great satisfaction from it.
I think it is so wrong to exploit these young girls. They are seperated from their families and work hours on end.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Possible?? by ifex370(m): 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2014
mutter:
When in Nigeria, I did just that. They got the same kind of treatment, school, cklothing and all. We ate together and went out together. People believed they were part of my family.
My friends criticised me for it but I believed they were very important to me. I entrusted my kids to them, so they were very significant in my life. We also did the chores together.
If is your duty to treat eveyone in a dignified manner and youwould derive a great satisfaction from it.
I think it is so wrong to exploit these young girls. They are seperated from their families and work hours on end.

thank you
Re: Is It Ever Possible?? by MherihGold(f): 2:42am On Nov 20, 2014
ifex370:

it is possible...

but women look at maids and all they see are slaves... who so to say are privileged to be in a family like theirs... change that mentality and you have the solution
Hmmm alright
Re: Is It Ever Possible?? by MherihGold(f): 2:43am On Nov 20, 2014
mutter:
True...very good tho
Re: Is It Ever Possible?? by afrobaby(f): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2014
It's a mind set thing. I don't think i can even have a maid until we build a mansion that may be hard for me to maintain alone, even at that, I can decide to bring in a niece, nephew or cousin whose parent are not as financially stable as we are.

When you see your maid as a maid, you can never love her as much as you love your daughter. But when you start seeing her as your child (the child you could have had), and she starts seeing you as a mother that could have given birth to her, then it makes it very easy. If you can't love your maid and treat them right, then don't get a maid, because the way you treat her will be passed to your children whenever you are not there. They were also born the same way you gave birth to your kids, not just fortunate as your baby.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Possible?? by 2goodbobo(m): 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ever heard of the saying "Blood is thicker than water"? grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Possible?? by MherihGold(f): 11:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
2goodbobo:
Ever heard of the saying "Blood is thicker than water"? grin
Lolz true

(1) (Reply)

Menace Of Single Motherhood… Wait, If You Have To! / Want A Long, Happy Marriage? Then This Advice Is For You![pic] / House Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.