Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. (1837 Views)

Is There A Limit To How Far One Can Go In Programming Without Mathematics? / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? / How do I learn programming without spending a fortune? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by Goldenboy842(m): 7:06am On Nov 20, 2014
Please help me on how to learn computer programming without going to computer school. I can't pay d fees d comp school are asking.
Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by ogorchimeizie(m): 7:44am On Nov 20, 2014
#following this.. I need something like this...
Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by shaggy007(m): 8:17am On Nov 20, 2014
Well, either way, you have to pay something.

Things you'll need.

Laptop
Internet connection
Creativity

Go to YouTube and search for the programming language you want to learn.

If it's c++, type "introduction to c++" in the YouTube search bar.

There'll be lots of videos.

You have to skim through and find out the one that explains better.

You can watch it directly on the Internet or download it.

Learn and Practice, practice, practice.

Then use your creativity to advance on what you've learnt.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by Craigston: 9:44am On Nov 20, 2014
I suggest that you also get books too. Not all videos are as comprehensive as books. A combination of both will be good. But for some videos, the person explaining is human. You get? Unless he would record the video over a long time taking breaks to refresh. Books offer you the advantage of uninterrupted meditation: at your own pace. Hard copy or soft copy, whichever you prefer.
Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by zeroshadow: 10:07am On Nov 20, 2014
The fees you'll pay a computer school is more than enough to download free programming videos and books that the computer school would dream of teaching you... Remember, school has an end but learning is forever.. so discipline your mind and begin your self-education...
Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by Craigston: 10:57am On Nov 20, 2014
zeroshadow:
The fees you'll pay a computer school is more than enough to download free programming videos and books that the computer school would dream of teaching you... Remember, school has an end but learning is forever.. so discipline your mind and begin your self-education...
Somehow, if everything could be learned on our own, there wouldn't be need for the institutions of learning.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by phpier: 11:07am On Nov 20, 2014
if you intend to apply for a job anytime in the future with whatever you want to learn , you should go to a school and also learn on your own . cuz you'll need d cert latr .
Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by zeroshadow: 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
Craigston:
Somehow, if everything could be learned on our own, there wouldn't be need for the institutions of learning.

Someone can learn programming without school.. Schools are for certificates.

Why do developed countries have young highly skilled programmers It's cos they started learning on their own before they were 12-15 years old.
Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by Craigston: 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
zeroshadow:

Someone can learn programming without school.. Schools are for certificates.

Why do developed countries have young highly skilled programmers It's cos they started learning on their own before they were 12-15 years old.
Here in Nigeria, you have to discover yourself, especially for this and previous generations. I hope the next generations of parents will expose their children early. Not tending them like roses pets and expecting them to know what to do when they tick 18. Here, most parents only know the sequence: kindergarten » primary » secondary » if (finance == good) {tertiary}; else {'pikin go find work. Your mates are working under the sun. This is Nigeria.'} » get married and also take care of me. Be a man. But you trained him like an exotic poultry breed meant for december 25, fattening him with ready-made bread and tea. In advanced countries like USA, children are taught to work; little services like lawn mowing for the neighbor attract money. The children go to offer it for money. I remember a story of a girl who started candle-making business with $1,000 she BORROWED from her parents and had birthday celebrants, party throwers and more target groups as her customers. It turned out big.
Zuckerberg started out early with a programming textbook his parents bought him.
You can learn programming on your own, YES. But, most times, the answer is 'it depends'.
Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by Goldenboy842(m): 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
Tnks so much guyz . God bless u all dat took tym to ans me.
Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by trytillmake(m): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
You can start here http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/ you can browse and download all the pages then go home and study on yr system.
I tell u it is a good place to start

1 Like

Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by Goldenboy842(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
trytillmake:
You can start here http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/ you can browse and download all the pages then go home and study on yr system.
I tell u it is a good place to start
Thnks alot
Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by blueyedgeek(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2014
You guys just conveniently skip the first thread on this board. That thread already addresses any questions a beginner should have.
Read through the thread here
Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by Goldenboy842(m): 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
[quote author=Craigston post=28198832]Here in Nigeria, you have to discover yourself, especially for this and previous generations. I hope the next generations of parents will expose their children early. Not tending them like roses pets and expecting them to know what to do when they tick 18. Here, most parents only know the sequence: kindergarten » primary » secondary » if (finance == good) {tertiary}; else {'pikin go find work. Your mates are working under the sun. This is Nigeria.'} » get married and also take care of me. Be a man. But you trained him like an exotic poultry breed meant for december 25, fattening him with ready-made bread and tea. In advanced countries like USA, children are taught to work; little services like lawn mowing for the neighbor attract money. The children go to offer it for money. I remember a story of a girl who started candle-making business with $1,000 she BORROWED from her parents and had birthday celebrants, party throwers and more target groups as her customers. It turned out big.
Zuckerberg started out early with a programming textbook his parents bought him.
You can learn programming on your own, YES. But, most times, the answer is 'it depends'.[/quote
u right boss
Re: How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
There's a reason for Google, you know?

- What language do you want learn?

- What's the aim of your programming i.e. what do you want to create?

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Code / How Do I Get My Disabled Instagram Account Back? / Guyz Pls Help Hw Do I Start Learning Web Designing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.