Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? (4421 Views)

Difference Between Camry 2007 Xle V6 And 2010 Xle V6 / Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 / Toyota Avalon 2002 Xls V6 Versus Toyota Camry 2002 Xle V6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by FransixOsita(m): 8:15am On Nov 20, 2014
Guys, i am close to closing a deal for a 2007 Camry XLE with V6 engine. The car comes with the thumbstart and looks really great. I have test-driven and its really smooth and comfortable, and the transmission doesn't have any issue. The car is registered, so i took my mechanic to go check it out and he scared me to death. He likes the engine, but says the gearbox is generally troublesome (though it is working perfectly now and he didnt test drive). He also says the thumbstart is a big risk as it will be a huge challenge to fix if it develops a fault.

What are your thoughts please? How reliable is the gearbox and the thumbstart of the 2007 camry XLE V6?

Appreciate u guys
Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 20, 2014
Throw that clown you call a mechanic into the lagoon, he knows nothing about modern cars.

7 Likes

Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by nwaanambra1(m): 8:56am On Nov 20, 2014
lomomike:
Throw that clown you call a mechanic into the lagoon, he knows nothing about modern cars.

Gbam!

and make sure u tie a huge stone around his neck before you throw him into the lagoon! grin

men go pay for the car! hope the AC is working fine? don't forget to ask for the mechanic that hav been servicing the car for him.

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by lonelydora: 9:54am On Nov 20, 2014
Don't allow that mechanic to come near your car for the rest of his life. Buy the car you wish and don't forget to carry out a proper routine checks as at when due.

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by Readonee35L(m): 10:02am On Nov 20, 2014
My Brother
Please don't let that ur mechanic Discourage you
Dt man Is not supposed to be allowed to. Fix a 99 Camry self
So Far you tested it and its okay , am happy you like it , ask for repair history , and scan if there's a check engine light
With that you are Good To go...
And please get a new updated mech
Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by chucky234(m): 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
lomomike:
hahaha Atlantic ocean would have been a better destination for the clueless mechanic.
Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by icemann(m): 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2014
FransixOsita:
Guys, i am close to closing a deal for a 2007 Camry XLE with V6 engine. The car comes with the thumbstart and looks really great. I have test-driven and its really smooth and comfortable, and the transmission doesn't have any issue. The car is registered, so i took my mechanic to go check it out and he scared me to death. He likes the engine, but says the gearbox is generally troublesome (though it is working perfectly now and he didnt test drive). He also says the thumbstart is a big risk as it will be a huge challenge to fix if it develops a fault.

What are your thoughts please? How reliable is the gearbox and the thumbstart of the 2007 camry XLE V6?

Appreciate u guys

Give that Mech. a crayon and some colouring book (He is not smarter than a toddler)
Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
FransixOsita:

Appreciate u guys

the person you call a mechanic is a bicycle repairer, not a mechanic.
Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by mekzyjoe(m): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
grin grin
Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by cecegorz(m): 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
FransixOsita:

Appreciate u guys

Dude, your problem started when you took a 504 car series mechanic to go and inspect a 21st century machine. It's way below his knowledge and competency.
Imagine, he didn't scan the car with OBD scanner (that's if he had ever used one), he's probably seeing a thumb start for the first time, and surely had no clue on how the mechanism works. Just advised you based on his empty fears.
It reminds me of a few years back when these clowns specialized in advising car owners to change auto transmissions to manual immediately an issue pops up.
Please if you are buying any car from 1996 upwards, go with a mechanic that knows how to scan and fix modern cars, leave those archaic mechs to be fixing the danfos and mercedes vboots they are used to.
Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by Export1: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2014
Pros

Roomy cabin, powerful V6 engine, hybrid model available, legendary build quality and reliability history.

Cons

No manual transmission available with V6, some odd styling elements.
Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 06, 2014
Export1:
Pros

Roomy cabin, powerful V6 engine, hybrid model available, legendary build quality and reliability history.

Cons

No manual transmission available with V6, some odd styling elements.

come, bia! anytime you copy from other sources, give acknowledgement to them or else i'll hide your copy and paste. angry
Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by afope: 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
FransixOsita:

Appreciate u guys

please research the 2007 Camry very very well brother. i understand majority of them drink oil like pure water. please go to Carsproblem.com and you will see Camry 2007 is the worst model year. I ahve two friends that are using it and they confirm they buy oil like its going out of business.

info is power...
Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by chucky234(m): 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2014
lomomike:

come, bia! anytime you copy from other sources, give acknowledgement to them or else i'll hide your copy and paste. angry
lol na India woman ooo
Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
chucky234:
lol na India woman ooo

how you know?
Re: Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? by chucky234(m): 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
lomomike:

how you know?
I be Auction Export customer na

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice On The Best Classic/luxury Toks Car Around 4-5m / The best ATF for my Toyota Camry 2003 / Urgent Painting Or Any Painting Of Either House Or Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.