Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,252 members, 7,818,873 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Boy, 9, Applies For The Bolton Manager's Job - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boy, 9, Applies For The Bolton Manager's Job (817 Views)

Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job / Mikel Applies For British Citizenship / Bolton Manager Named Manager Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy, 9, Applies For The Bolton Manager's Job by asala1: 6:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
A football mad nine-year-old applied to Bolton Wanderers for the vacant managers job - telling the chairman the players were slow, unfit and overweight.

Thomas Fielding, a season ticket holder at the Macron Stadium, asked for the job after the struggling club parted company with Dougie Freedman last month.

After his honest assessment of the players the youngster added: "I know that I am young but I am cheap."

Despite listing his own football experience with Oxford Grove under-10s, and ending his letter, "BWFC Rulse" the board instead opted for Neil Lennon, the former international and double-title-winning ex-Glasgow Celtic manager.

But the youngster's disappointment was tempered by a surprise visit from Lennon to the boy's football training session.

The manager told bwfc.co.uk : "His letter was very similar to the one I sent in - it's just his had better handwriting."

The championship club currently stand just above the relegation places.

To be fair to the current manager Neil Lennon, he went to apologise to young Thomas.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/boy-9-applies-bolton-managers-4663564

Re: Boy, 9, Applies For The Bolton Manager's Job by asala1: 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
I really admire his confidence. This cracked me up: "I know that I am young but I am cheap."
Re: Boy, 9, Applies For The Bolton Manager's Job by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
This is STRONG!!!...... Imagine.
Re: Boy, 9, Applies For The Bolton Manager's Job by quinnboy: 7:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
So much faith n confidence in himself. I love this.
Re: Boy, 9, Applies For The Bolton Manager's Job by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
Well, I'm not very much suprise because i school in France and we aren't new to this...
Re: Boy, 9, Applies For The Bolton Manager's Job by dicksj93: 11:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
youngdude1:
Well, I'm not very much suprise because i school in France and we aren't new to this...
oh yea?
Re: Boy, 9, Applies For The Bolton Manager's Job by engrjacuzzi: 11:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
small David that wants to come and win the Goliath of EPL. Boy, u better go back to school and meet your mate there.
Re: Boy, 9, Applies For The Bolton Manager's Job by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 21, 2014
dicksj93:
oh yea?
yes my brother .....

(1) (Reply)

English Football Pools! Win Millions Of Naira In Weeks 24 & 26 , 2014 / 3 Most Handsome Nigeria Super Eagles Player (PHOTO) / Hilarious! Was Messi Really This Fast (pics.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.