Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

I Need Information On Universities In Belgium - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need Information On Universities In Belgium (1696 Views)

15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. / Please I Need Information On Nsuk Post Ume (nassarawa State University, Keffi) / I Need Information On University Of Abuja Post Ume For 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by obiora(m): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2006
hi

I need info about universities in Belgium.
As u can see in my profile my wife is a nigerian
and she really wants to get into university here.
I don't know if there is anyone around here who can tell me
in wich university she can start or anything.
i know some people here are also from Belgium ( like nferyn)
or holland
maybe u guys can help us out.
thanks a million.
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by Brownsuga(f): 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2006
Dear Obioro,

I have been to Ghent and they have a good Uni and prog there.
Since you live in Belgium, shouldnt you be knwoing about the unis there?
I mean you can easily access info etc, and what exactly doe sur wife want to study?
I am in the Netherlands myself.

Anyway, good luck with the reunion of you and your wife!
BS
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by tripplea27(m): 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2006
i wish you best of luck! i am also looking for how to school in Belgium or netherland, i will be grateful if nybody can bail me out of this.
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by Brownsuga(f): 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2006
tripple brother, what do u wanna know of studying in NL?
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by tripplea27(m): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2006
i dont understand ur question @brownsuga
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by nferyn(m): 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2006
obiora:

hi

I need info about universities in Belgium.
As u can see in my profile my wife is a nigerian
and she really wants to get into university here.
I don't know if there is anyone around here who can tell me
in wich university she can start or anything.
i know some people here are also from Belgium ( like nferyn)
or holland
maybe u guys can help us out.
thanks a million.
A lot of questions. I don't really know where to start. I guess it mostly depends on her residence status, her previous credentials and the language she wants to study in. I know most universities have good programmes for foreign postgrad students, but I don't now if that is applicable to your wife.
The university where I studied (VUB) does have an excellent social infrastructure, so if money is tight, I would advise you to ask for info at the university itself.
Actually, that's the best thing you can do: contact the uni, explain your specific situation and they will definitely guide you in the process. Anyway, congrats to your wife for picking up her studies again and best of luck. wink
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by LoverBwoy(m): 4:11am On Aug 21, 2006
why u dey claim oyinbo man picture? abi she give u d name?

u live in belgium and u dont know about the universities there?
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by Brownsuga(f): 10:58am On Aug 21, 2006
@tripplea, am sorry i meant Netherlands, gosh my mind must be so into Nairaland!!
bye, BS
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by tripplea27(m): 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2006
its ok @brownsuga, did u know anythingabout it?
Brownsuga:

@tripplea, am sorry i meant Netherlands, gosh my mind must be so into Nairaland!!
bye, BS
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by Brownsuga(f): 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2006
@tripplea, yes i know lots about and of it!
As I have lived and worked here for a good 9 yrs and studying for 5 of those!
What did u want to know/study? and what qualifications do u have/wish to obtain?
good luck,
Thx,
BS
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by obiora(m): 10:55am On Aug 23, 2006
@loverboy
First of all i am indeed a white guy, and no my wife did not give me the name obiora,
it is my wifes family that gave me the name and all the nigerian guys i know in Belgium
know me by that name.
I just want u to know that i don't give a damn what u feel about that ok.
If u don't like me using that name on this forum i can also start complaining about your silly name or any nigerian using an English name.
At least i am mature enough not to do that crap.

Secondly, maybe if u where a little bit smarter and educated u will know that it is not easy at all for someone like my wife to come here and start university and you will also know how to speak to people you don't know in a polite way. There are a lot of things she has to go through before anything happens.

And thirdly is it wrong to ask here if someone could help us? Maybe there is one person here who did all those things already and it is only such person that knows what i am tailking about.

Last but not least, i really don't care if u reply this post or not and i also don't care that u report me to seun for whatever reason u feel.

@nferyn
hi man, bedankt voor uw antwoord, en voor al de rest ook.
Vind je that nu ook zo een domme vraag van mij of what?
allez ik zal u maar eens laten
groetjes
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by nferyn(m): 11:31am On Aug 23, 2006
obiora:

@nferyn
hi man, bedankt voor uw antwoord, en voor al de rest ook.
Vind je that nu ook zo een domme vraag van mij of what?
allez ik zal u maar eens laten
groetjes
Geen probleem. Geen enkele vraag is dom, ik vroeg me alleen af waarom je niet eerst zelf eens bij een unief langs was geweest, vooral aangezien het echt wel afhangt van haar specifieke situatie. In ieder geval veel succes gewenst in jullie qeeste wink
Groetjes
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by LoverBwoy(m): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2006
hey obiora chill dude

why should i report , u have every right to be angry thats if u are but not everyone has a good sense of humuor or somethings are just too sensitive and personal to people they dont laugh at jokes.
i also understand theres a difference between wriiten jokes and live joke undecided

use any name u like nah ur business be dat! u can make fun of anybody's name if u like even tongue

hey i didnt mention aNything about your wife so shhhh
so
U LIVE IN BELGIUM YOU SHOULD BE GIVING PEOPLE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SCHOOLS THERE! grin
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by Brownsuga(f): 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2006
Hey Obiora, rustig aan man! shocked
I dont think Loverbwoy meant any harm!

There are more pple willing to assist, unfortunately u oversaw that and focused on just one message,

Ik wens je veel geluk bij het zoeken en vooral veel plezier met je vrouw,
wij zullen in ieder geval voor jullie duimen!
BS
Re: I Need Information On Universities In Belgium by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 18, 2015
Please let keep this thread alive. I will like to inform fellow nairalanders that admissions into various universities in Belgium has started. Hurry and secure your place. Good Luck.

(1) (Reply)

Oau Admission List? / Futo Post Jamb Date Set / Nigerian School Management Software For Primary And Secondary Schools For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.